Where Do You Think Teresa Halbach was Killed?

Somewhere on the Avery property.I am just not sure where exactly.

Well ST and BoD? Deer hunting - each others alibi -- Timelines off -- changes in story (ST). I just can't get past it. Just going to throw this out there: Didn't someone testify to seeing her pulled over taking a picture of a cow? Could it have been a deer? May be an accidental shooting, hit her instead of the deer. Maybe they/he then ran over the deer with her car to cover up, hence car damage. I don't know. Just throwing it out there. I'm extremely amateur so I'm sure someone can tear this theory to pieces lol. But I love this thread!

ETA: This in response to:
Quote Originally Posted by pcrum12 View Post
I can't get pass the deer found on the side of the road -- i think it has something to do with it. Best I can do!
Ok, who and why?

Someone caught her in a vulnerable moment on the side of the road, hit her over the head with possibly missing car tool. Put her in the back, drove her to the quarry, shot her and burned her. Thought it was close enough to SA that he would be only suspect. Police took it from there.

Well ST and BoD? Deer hunting - each others alibi -- Timelines off -- changes in story (ST). I just can't get past it. Just going to throw this out there: Didn't someone testify to seeing her pulled over taking a picture of a cow? Could it have been a deer? May be an accidental shooting, hit her instead of the deer. Maybe they/he then ran over the deer with her car to cover up, hence car damage. I don't know. Just throwing it out there. I'm extremely amateur so I'm sure someone can tear this theory to pieces lol. But I love this thread!

ETA: This in response to:
Quote Originally Posted by pcrum12 View Post
I can't get pass the deer found on the side of the road -- i think it has something to do with it. Best I can do!
Ok, who and why?

pcrum12---your doing great! Since, nobody knows what really happened to TH (RIP TH) I think any theory can be pulled to pieces. I've certainly posted a lot, which had then been discounted! I'm glad you love the thread! :great:

Someone caught her in a vulnerable moment on the side of the road, hit her over the head with possibly missing car tool. Put her in the back, drove her to the quarry, shot her and burned her. Thought it was close enough to SA that he would be only suspect. Police took it from there.

That thought has crossed my mind too! Thanks for posting!

I think you all are doing great! Please try to stay on topic WHO, WHERE, WHY. There are certainly other threads that can discuss why you think that a particular theory doesn't fit. This is mainly to post who you think did it, where you think it happened, and why you think it happened, without criticizing or tearing apart why you think a particular theory doesn't fit in.

I'll check back with you guys later--I have to go do some taxes now! Happy Sleuthing!

1. GZ did it....somewhere on his property... Because he thought she was a trespasser on his property

2. Someone she was meeting that we do not know about

3. Whoever was calling her phone that day and leaving voicemails

Where: Somewhere in the vicinity of Avery/ Z area

I believe they left her either by or in her vehicle... Police found her and then helped the investigation along.

I think you all are doing great! Please try to stay on topic WHO, WHERE, WHY. There are certainly other threads that can discuss why you think that a particular theory doesn't fit. This is mainly to post who you think did it, where you think it happened, and why you think it happened, without criticizing or tearing apart why you think a particular theory doesn't fit in.

I'll check back with you guys later--I have to go do some taxes now! Happy Sleuthing!

WHO - RH
WHERE - somewhere in TH's travels after she left the Averys
WHY - because TH was moving on with her life and RH was not in the plans

Connection with the planted evidence - TBD as with my theory, there has to be a link between RH and LE. Zellner on it ...

Another :tyou: for this thread BCA.
Lots of food for thought, however, I still think it's most likely that TH was killed somewhere on the Avery property by SA.

The narrative that I currently find most compelling is that he took her deeper into the junkyard in the RAV4 on the pretext of finding a part to fix damage which had occurred between leaving Zipperers and arriving at her appointment with him.
While there, he made a sexual advance towards her which ended in a struggle. She took a blow to the head and depending on what she was hit with, that's quite possibly when the cut to his finger occurred.

He placed her semi conscious body into the boot of her car and drove it back to his garage while he decided what to do.
My theory then converges with Limaes', in that a final gun shot to the head was administered in the garage, possibly on a tarp on the floor or even while her body was still in the boot of the car, leaving the minimal amount of physical evidence behind.
Because 'something' had happened in the garage SA later took the precaution of enrolling his nephew for a clean up in that general area.

EDIT : Hmmmm - I guess my 'where' is technically the garage then (although I believe she was originally assaulted elsewhere on the property) LOL

wHo? Her ex BF
Where? At her apartment.
hOw.. Probably strangled her
Why... She didn't want him anymore. Not sure

sO he kills her and they drive the vechile with her in the back - leaves it on the side of the road.. Makes it appear she hit a deer... Only LE finds it - and start the cover-up.. They (LE) towed it to SA property themselves

Who helped move the vehicle to SA property.... Her roommate- ex BF needed a ride back to apt.
IMO- they are the only ones with access to her second set of keys

? Who deleted the calls?

Interesting as well. Can you explain your theory as to why you think they did it. By the way--I've also toyed with the idea that one or the other may have killed her.

I think there are "holes" in every theory I can concoct, but honestly, SA being guilty makes the least sense to me.

SA lived on that property in close proximity to his brother, sister, niece(s), nephews, and parents, along with customers roaming nearby at times he can not predict. His mom stopped over shortly after, and he went for dinner there as he often did, which shows there is somewhat of a built in accountability living there. That doesn't mean he couldn't have risked anyone seeing him or walking right up to his house while he was killing TH, but to me, it seems unlikely. On top of so much more that makes no sense about SA being the murderer; the bones being moved to right behind his place, the car very clearly left on his property, no dna of TH in the garage or trailer, Kratz's narrative at trial with no evidence to back it up, and more!

RH seems like a really likely suspect, his history with TH, his odd demeanor during searches and trial, the password issue, the cuts on his hands, and not even being able to say morning, noon, or night when he last saw TH. For this to fit, I think LE had to have been a lot more involved in the coverup, because I don't know that RH would have planted items on SA's property easily (the car I can see being planted by him but it's hard for me to fit the pieces of how and when he burned her body and planted it).

As for ST, I think he's top on my list. He lived on Highway 147 at the time, and TH most likely would have taken this route to get home. From what I understand, ST first mentions the bonfire, and also tells LE that he believes SA and BD had a sexual relationship (I'm not sure if he said inappropriate or he felt BD was ok with it?), and these both point to framing SA. I don't find it too hard to believe that when enough people, LE included, mention a bonfire that night, SA and BD, and even Barb, can think their timeline is off and maybe there was a fire that night and not a week prior, or whenever. (That sentence is jambled, I apologize, I can't find another way to word it.) I think it's possible ST murdered TH, burned her body, planted the bones and RAV4. He likely knew she was going to be there that day, and could have waited for her along highway 147, or right outside the Avery property. Did Bobby see something he shouldn't have and ST threatened him to help or just to give him an alibi!? Maybe. If he'd murdered her at his trailer and/or burned her on his property, he's had an unlimited amount of time to get rid of evidence because he was never looked at as a suspect, and his property was never searched.

I think there are "holes" in every theory I can concoct, but honestly, SA being guilty makes the least sense to me.

SA lived on that property in close proximity to his brother, sister, niece(s), nephews, and parents, along with customers roaming nearby at times he can not predict. His mom stopped over shortly after, and he went for dinner there as he often did, which shows there is somewhat of a built in accountability living there. That doesn't mean he couldn't have risked anyone seeing him or walking right up to his house while he was killing TH, but to me, it seems unlikely. On top of so much more that makes no sense about SA being the murderer; the bones being moved to right behind his place, the car very clearly left on his property, no dna of TH in the garage or trailer, Kratz's narrative at trial with no evidence to back it up, and more!

RH seems like a really likely suspect, his history with TH, his odd demeanor during searches and trial, the password issue, the cuts on his hands, and not even being able to say morning, noon, or night when he last saw TH. For this to fit, I think LE had to have been a lot more involved in the coverup, because I don't know that RH would have planted items on SA's property easily (the car I can see being planted by him but it's hard for me to fit the pieces of how and when he burned her body and planted it).

As for ST, I think he's top on my list. He lived on Highway 147 at the time, and TH most likely would have taken this route to get home. From what I understand, ST first mentions the bonfire, and also tells LE that he believes SA and BD had a sexual relationship (I'm not sure if he said inappropriate or he felt BD was ok with it?), and these both point to framing SA. I don't find it too hard to believe that when enough people, LE included, mention a bonfire that night, SA and BD, and even Barb, can think their timeline is off and maybe there was a fire that night and not a week prior, or whenever. (That sentence is jambled, I apologize, I can't find another way to word it.) I think it's possible ST murdered TH, burned her body, planted the bones and RAV4. He likely knew she was going to be there that day, and could have waited for her along highway 147, or right outside the Avery property. Did Bobby see something he shouldn't have and ST threatened him to help or just to give him an alibi!? Maybe. If he'd murdered her at his trailer and/or burned her on his property, he's had an unlimited amount of time to get rid of evidence because he was never looked at as a suspect, and his property was never searched.

Good post Hippiemom -

The only problem I have with RH (who is tops on my list) and ST is the necessary connection to LE in order to plant the blood from SA. Where would either of them have gotten SA's blood without cooperation from LE. Small county, lots of folks related to others, you just never know.

Lots of food for thought, however, I still think it's most likely that TH was killed somewhere on the Avery property by SA.

The narrative that I currently find most compelling is that he took her deeper into the junkyard in the RAV4 on the pretext of finding a part to fix damage which had occurred between leaving Zipperers and arriving at her appointment with him.
While there, he made a sexual advance towards her which ended in a struggle. She took a blow to the head and depending on what she was hit with, that's quite possibly when the cut to his finger occurred.

He placed her semi conscious body into the boot of her car and drove it back to his garage while he decided what to do.
My theory then converges with Limaes', in that a final gun shot to the head was administered in the garage, possibly on a tarp on the floor or even while her body was still in the boot of the car, leaving the minimal amount of physical evidence behind.
Because 'something' had happened in the garage SA later took the precaution of enrolling his nephew for a clean up in that general area.

EDIT : Hmmmm - I guess my 'where' is technically the garage then (although I believe she was originally assaulted elsewhere on the property) LOL

This is exactly what I think. Thank you for wording it much better than I could!

I don't think BD had anything to do with the murder.

Who- currently thinking it was RH.

Where- not sure- possibly not on the Avery property but somewhere close by. Definitely not in SAs trailer, or his garage.

Why- because he wasn't over the break up and wanted to get back together with Teresa.

He seemed to hang around her house a lot and maybe would have known what her movements would be that day.

Who: I think it was SA. He's the one who was known to be the last person to see the victim alive and they were together at his property.

Where: Definitely on the property; I think she was either hit or choked first, then shot, in the garage. Placed in her own SUV, possibly for movement to somewhere else, but that plan was abandoned and instead she and her various belongings were burned. None of her belongings left the Avery property. SUV moved & obscured, other belongings burned.

Why: Sexual advance gone wrong or he did actually did something to her and killed her so she wouldn't be able to report him.

-------

Hitting a deer to cause a deer to be dead on the road would cause small parts of the deer to adhere to a vehicle, able to be forensically found. Possibly hair/fur, possibly blood, possibly tissue, more damage than just a broken turn signal light and minor damage to a bumper or wheel well. I would expect to see more damage. There wasn't any evidence on the SUV of it being in a collision with an animal, let alone an animal the size of a deer. There was no testimony about that. That evidence would have been detected when the CSI techs processed the vehicle back in their secure space.

Compelling Evidence:

- No witnesses testified to having seen TH after her visit to Avery Salvage Yard
- No witnesses testified to anyone being seen at or on SA's property/burn pit/trailer who didn't belong there.
- 3 calls from SA to TH that day, 2 with his number being hidden
- TH phone wasn't used after 2:41pm that day
- TH phone stopped pinging a cell tower that afternoon
- TH belongings were found at the Avery property in a couple burn barrels
- No evidence of TH's body having been anywhere except in her SUV, on Avery Property, in the burn pit, in a couple barrels, and a piece or 2 of her in the quarry.
- Bullet casings found matching rifle in SA's possession
- An area in an otherwise dirty garage that was bleached that same day
- TH was shot twice in head
- TH's burned body on Avery property -- no evidence she ever left that property alive

Leading me to conclude: TH was killed that afternoon & IMO she never left Avery's alive.

I am actually surprised people still think that a crime was committed in the garage? There was no evidence other than the scrap of a bullet they found the second time they searched the garage. Tarp or no tarp there would have been some sort of blood spatter. SA is no Dexter.

I am not sure where she was killed but I am pretty certain she was not burned on that property. I don't feel it was possible for a bon fire to have cremated her like that. Also they show her cremations and then a metal button from her pants located in the fire. How was the fire so hot as to burn a body to the point that the bones where near ashes but did not melt a metal button. Nah something is definitely up there.

Good post Hippiemom -

The only problem I have with RH (who is tops on my list) and ST is the necessary connection to LE in order to plant the blood from SA. Where would either of them have gotten SA's blood without cooperation from LE. Small county, lots of folks related to others, you just never know.

I think the bullet and key were planted, regardless of who murdered TH. I think they just KNEW it was SA and wanted to make sure he was proven guilty ten times over. The blood has a few more issues for me, but in general, I feel it was planted as well.

I don't see how SA cleaned the key of TH's dna but left his own, or how the blood contains only TH's dna but not blood, and how long it took LE to "find" both of these pieces of evidence are far too coincidental. The blood seems planted, I just can't wrap my head around a scenario where he left blood in random places of the car but no fingerprints and no blood drops were seen on the branches or hood or around the car.

I don't really think it all makes sense no matter how I twist things in different scenarios...

the duo shoots a deer from the truck along Highway 147 shortly after leaving the Avery property. Teresa Halbach, having just left the Avery property, hits the deer in the road immediately thereafter. She pulls to the shoulder, and gets out only to realize that the deer had been shot, and she begins to raise hell that the duo just shot a deer from a truck along the highway and wrecked her car. She goes to grab her phone to dial 911, and the duo panics, kills her and throws her body in the back of the Rav4. Half the duo in each vehicle, they drive to the hunting camp behind the salvage yard. The rest I am sure you can draw out on your own

I'm putting together a tally, which I will post later, can you clarify who the dual is?

Sorry, just realized you clarified in a future post! Thanks!

Thanks for contributing Sarah! I also believe he lured her to another location on the property, but I'm open to hearing other options. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back