Evidence List

It was definitely found in his trailer. I saw it in a closeup of one the pictures. Didn't think much of it, just thought he was having safe sex with JS. It is either the night stand or desk. I'll try to find it again.

Your thought about JS is interesting but JS had been incarcerated for DYI for a period of time. If SA left his safe sex disposal on his furniture for that period of time, TH's memorable remark "eww" would be more like "gaagg-pu-ke". :hills:

Your thought about JS is interesting but JS had been incarcerated for DYI for a period of time. If SA left his safe sex disposal on his furniture for that period of time, TH's memorable remark "eww" would be more like "gaagg-pu-ke". :hills:

Oh, you are too funny...I didn't think it was used...eww

Oh, you are too funny...I didn't think it was used...eww

The way they have it worded, who knows what condition it was in. Did Puritans write that description? It's 2005, folks. We can say the word "condom." :laughing:

Unless it wasn't a condom and there's some other thing that I don't know of fitting that description, in which case, uh... just don't enlighten me, k?

In my recollection of the trial transcript I seem to recall someone mentioning that a signal-light kit was found in the RAV4. Thus was the reason why I began slowly searching line-by-line through the Evidence List which was made available by the Calumet Sheriff's Department pdf-file. I stumbled upon item 8368 and got side-tracked. Does anyone else remember a reference to a signal-light kit, or am I imagining it?

The reason I am curious is: If in fact the kit existed, it would help to explain a motivation for TH to have a creepy junkyard ghoul repair her broken light -- if he perhaps tried to barter the $40 Auto Trader fee.

Then once inside the garage, the ghoul....

In my recollection of the trial transcript I seem to recall someone mentioning that a signal-light kit was found in the RAV4. Thus was the reason why I began slowly searching line-by-line through the Evidence List which was made available by the Calumet Sheriff's Department pdf-file. I stumbled upon item 8368 and got side-tracked. Does anyone else remember a reference to a signal-light kit, or am I imagining it?

The reason I am curious is: If in fact the kit existed, it would help to explain a motivation for TH to have a creepy junkyard ghoul repair her broken light -- if he perhaps tried to barter the $40 Auto Trader fee.

Then once inside the garage, the ghoul....

I'm not sure about whether/where it is listed in the evidence list, but there's a broken blinker that was holding up the seats in the cargo area.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Exhibit-300-RAV4-Cargo-Area.jpg

Corresponding with that, one of the front blinkers was missing.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Exhibit-306-RAV4-Headlight-Missing.jpg

I believe I found what I sought.

Day 10, Trial Transcripts, page 69, line 8
Q. (Att. Buting) This shows a very little in there, in the -- basically shows an empty cargo area, with the exception of a crumpled piece of paper of some sort and what looks like a parking light lens assembly or something?

A. (Witness Ertl) That could be, yes.

The Calumet pdf-file mentions only something called clear light lense (sic), item 7935. I searched with keywords: kit, light, parking, lens, and assembly. But only "lens" produced a result as I recall.

The fact that a possible "parking light lens assembly or something" existed in the cargo bay of the RAV4 when Ertl photographed the RAV4 from the outside looking in leads me to believe that the junkyard ghoul also saw that.

I'm not sure about whether/where it is listed in the evidence list, but there's a broken blinker that was holding up the seats in the cargo area.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Exhibit-300-RAV4-Cargo-Area.jpg

Corresponding with that, one of the front blinkers was missing.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Exhibit-306-RAV4-Headlight-Missing.jpg

Thanks, zerbert! Do you have any idea what those two items between the parking light assembly and the crumpled paper are? The darker, cylindrical one looks like a lipstick container and the other, longer thing looks as if it's some sort of thumb-dropper (if my choice of wording will suffice??)

ETA
ah yes! Calumet lists the light as driver's side blinker, item 9577

Thanks, zerbert! Do you have any idea what those two items between the parking light assembly and the crumpled paper are? The darker, cylindrical one looks like a lipstick container and the other, longer thing looks as if it's some sort of thumb-dropper (if my choice of wording will suffice??)

ETA

One is a pencil and another one is a camera card (SD Card) Not sure if that is what you are referring to.

ETA

I'm not sure what the crumpled looking paper is. If you're talking about the very dark cylinder looking thing above the pencil, I think that's where the seats fasten to on the floor. You can sorta kinda see it on this walkaround here. https://youtu.be/j92xU4r_w10?t=3m56s And agreed, the square thing is a camera card, and I don't think the contents were ever made public, were they? Or even entered into evidence? *boggle*

THIS, is why I love you!

Missy, it makes no sense because IMO, they all had to scramble as they went along.

We have found this with Narratives, BD statements, Searches, why should it be ANY different with EVIDENCE logs?!?!

Again, just my 2 pennies.
sorry Zool... I should have referenced it. In cross of Groffy, Day 10 Page 64.

Q. It was locked or unlocked?

A. The driver's door was unlocked when I got there.

Q. Okay. The other doors were locked?

A. Yes, the other doors were locked.

Q. And that would be actually four more doors, correct, including the rear?

A. That's correct, four doors.

Q. Now, if I understand, what you did was, by opening the driver's side door, you were able to sort of reach over and, with your gloves, unlock the front passenger side door first, right?

A. That's correct, I did that.

Q. And then from that location, that position on either side, front and passenger, you were able to easily reach around and unlock the rear driver and passenger side doors.

A. That's correct, I unlocked those doors.

Q. And then you were able to open all four of those doors, wide open, for taking pictures and what not?

A. That is absolutely correct.

You can continue on reading from there, but it is never clarified how that rear door was open although Buting says 4 more doors including the rear.... well that rear door doesn't just magically open from the inside. What I did gather is.... not all of those pictures were taken on the same day, and somewhere in one of these threads I actually figured out what pics were taken on what day. But I think it is fairly certain that they had that rear cargo door open on the 6th of November, at the latest the 7th. Why? because we know they did presumptive blood tests back there, the spatter on the inside door, TH's blood, etc.

Maybe??

Or maybe someone is fudging the truth??
Maybe they hooked the battery cable up to use the door lock switch. Or maybe the Rav4 has an inside manual door lock (no handle though) on the rear door like my Explorer has. JMO

ETA

Thanks for making me go back and look at that car! I firmly believe she hit the deer. I'm guessing she went back to Avery's afterward to see if she could find a replacement lens. After all, she would have to visit a junkyard at some point to replace it. With the cost of Toyota len's, I doubt very much she would have gone to a dealer.

You can see carnage in the picture---look very closely at the crack in the bumper--you can see flesh sticking out. Someone wouldn't have been hit with her own car, would they?? Gruesome thought, I know.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Exhibit-306-RAV4-Headlight-Missing-1024x817 (1)1.jpg
    Exhibit-306-RAV4-Headlight-Missing-1024x817 (1)1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 87
Exactly.

Obviously. But no one testified to doing that, and Groffy never testified to even trying the automatic door lock first thing Sunday morning and discovering the battery disconnected. Stahlke "discovered" it.

Either way, I'm now convinced that they did have a key or had one made, which explains 05-205 8037 key copy for Toyota Rav in the evidence log IMO It does not explain why the other key, the one found in SA's bedroom, is not in the evidence list.

Thanks for making me go back and look at that car! I firmly believe she hit the deer. I'm guessing she went back to Avery's afterward to see if she could find a replacement lens. After all, she would have to visit a junkyard at some point to replace it. With the cost of Toyota len's, I doubt very much she would have gone to a dealer.

You can see carnage in the picture---look very closely at the crack in the bumper--you can see flesh sticking out. Someone wouldn't have been hit with her own car, would they?? Gruesome thought, I know.

attachment.php

I was a passenger in my brothers Ranger pickup when we hit a deer on the front driver's side.

Way more damage was sustained than what is seen in this photo.

This is very minor damage in my opinion.

I have thought about her hitting a deer many times.... and a few weeks ago, one of the guys at work hit a deer on his way to work (on a highway). He had a bit more damage, and dang, I wish I had taken a picture! LOL There was little deer hairs stuck on the vehicle.... totally made me think of you BCA LOL Butttttt I didn't see any scrapes like I see on TH's vehicle. At one time I thought maybe it happened while someone was driving it to it's hiding spot... but then it doesn't make any sense that the light cover is in the RAV4 and propping up the rear seats. That wasn't someone throwing it in the back.... that was someone placing it under those seats for purpose. It's all very confusing LOL

I have thought about her hitting a deer many times.... and a few weeks ago, one of the guys at work hit a deer on his way to work (on a highway). He had a bit more damage, and dang, I wish I had taken a picture! LOL There was little deer hairs stuck on the vehicle.... totally made me think of you BCA LOL Butttttt I didn't see any scrapes like I see on TH's vehicle. At one time I thought maybe it happened while someone was driving it to it's hiding spot... but then it doesn't make any sense that the light cover is in the RAV4 and propping up the rear seats. That wasn't someone throwing it in the back.... that was someone placing it under those seats for purpose. It's all very confusing LOL

LOL--I have seen both--just catching a snip of a deer and total front ends completely damaged. I think it depends of how fast your going and how much breaking time before impact. But the location is concerning. The deer would have to be coming from the driver's side because there is no damage to the passenger side. So, if that is the case-the deer had to travel across 1 lane of traffic before she hit it. Unless she was preoccupied with something else, she should have seen it hop into the oncoming traffic lane. Which could also be the reason, it was only minimal damage.

I'm not sure what the crumpled looking paper is. If you're talking about the very dark cylinder looking thing above the pencil, I think that's where the seats fasten to on the floor. You can sorta kinda see it on this walkaround here. https://youtu.be/j92xU4r_w10?t=3m56s And agreed, the square thing is a camera card, and I don't think the contents were ever made public, were they? Or even entered into evidence? *boggle*

The crumpled up paper is a granola bar wrapper.... I hadn't noticed the hole in the floor between the pencil and the seats... by the looks of it, it would be for the seat belt for the seat behind the drivers seat.... but where is the seat belt??? That is kinda weird that it would be missing.

And yes the square thing is an SD card, I have yet to see if there was anything on the card, but it could just be that we have not seen it yet. Also.... just a note.... that little card had the name "Teresa" written on it, one of the officers testified to seeing that through the tinted window on Nov 5th. :thinking:

BCA -- The gunk on the passenger's side windshield-vertical certainly seems suspicious. In addition, the trajectory of the circled impact points implies that the same, large object collided with the car. A deer would be a logical conclusion. I do not recall any testimony citing a detailed examination of the collision's marks. I suppose that testimony would have been part of the Nov 6 - 7 examinations.

gunk.JPG
gunk2.JPG
gunk3.JPG

Zool ~ I do not think you will find a detailed examination. IIRC the only testimony about the damage was just acknowledging that it was damaged when the RAV4 sat for hours on the 5th on the Avery lot. I don't think there was any other testimony from the lab about any testing or really.... anything else about it. We do have another thread specific to the RAV4 if you are interested :) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?300114-Rav4 We discussed the damage, the location, the contents of the RAV4, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back