2. Lodi CA to Monterey CA - 158 miles
3. Monterey CA to Salinas CA - 18 miles
4. Salinas CA to Pasadena CA - 304 miles
5. Pasadena CA to Mesa AZ - 387 miles
6. Mesa AZ to West Jordan UT via Hoover Dam & Las Vegas - 714 miles
7. West Jordan UT to Winnemucca NV - 362 miles
8. Winnemucca NV to Sparks NV - 163
9. Sparks NV to Redding CA (long way) - 237 miles

For a grand total of 2541 miles .... when Arias returned the rental car, the mileage driven was 2843 miles ( a difference of almost 300 miles).
---

Credit to Sustained for the calculations above.

Hmmm....difference of +/- 300 miles, maybe they met somewhere so she didn't have to drive all the way to Monterey?

I've just decided she went to Sacramento.

I've just decided she went to Sacramento.

:drumroll:

2,834 total miles.

The driving distance from Redding, California to Pasadena, California is:
-546 miles
The driving distance from Pasadena, California to Mesa, Arizona is:
-387 miles
The driving distance from Mesa, Arizona to Las Vegas, Nevada(W10,N303,NW60/NW93,W40,NW93,NW515) is:
-318 miles
The driving distance from Las Vegas, Nevada to Salt Lake City, Utah(N15,NE15) is:
-421 miles
The driving distance from Salt Lake City, Utah to Sparks, Nevada(W80) is:
-515 miles
--------------
647 miles left

Take your pick....

The driving distance from Sparks, Nevada to Monterey, California is:
325 miles
The driving distance from Sparks, Nevada to Sacramento, California(SW80) is:
135 miles
The driving distance from Sparks, Nevada to Redding, California is:
198 miles
The driving distance from Sacramento, California to Crater Lake National Park is:
353 miles
The driving distance from Sacramento, California to Monterey, California is:
190 miles
The driving distance from Monterey, California to Redding, California is:
316 miles
The driving distance from Monterey, California to Crater Lake National Park is:
508 miles
The driving distance from Crater Lake National Park to Redding, California is:
194 miles
The driving distance from Redding, California to Yreka, California is:
98 miles
The driving distance from Yreka, California to Crater Lake National Park is:
123 miles

Okay everyone...you have my head spinning with all the mileage.....great job....will keep reading to see the final outcome! Thanks for all the hardwork! I would love to see all of you in a court room prosecuting! What a team you would all make!

I've been rewatching the 's direct examination. According to her, she was behind schedule and had no choice but to drive the rental to Yreka, to get to work on time.

She (and a sister, iirc) drove the rental to Redding the next day. I think she'd left her Infiniti at her brother's house there. There was speculation way back when that the 's gas cans gas purchase in SLC may have been for her Infiniti (cheaper gas).

Sparks NV to Yreka- 317 miles (long route,) 254 (short route)
Yreka to Redding - about 100 miles

:drumroll:

2,834 total miles.

The driving distance from Redding, California to Pasadena, California is:
-546 miles
The driving distance from Pasadena, California to Mesa, Arizona is:
-387 miles
The driving distance from Mesa, Arizona to Las Vegas, Nevada(W10,N303,NW60/NW93,W40,NW93,NW515) is:
-318 miles
The driving distance from Las Vegas, Nevada to Salt Lake City, Utah(N15,NE15) is:
-421 miles
The driving distance from Salt Lake City, Utah to Sparks, Nevada(W80) is:
-515 miles
--------------
647 miles left

Take your pick....

The driving distance from Sparks, Nevada to Monterey, California is:
325 miles
The driving distance from Sparks, Nevada to Sacramento, California(SW80) is:
135 miles
The driving distance from Sparks, Nevada to Redding, California is:
198 miles
The driving distance from Sacramento, California to Crater Lake National Park is:
353 miles
The driving distance from Sacramento, California to Monterey, California is:
190 miles
The driving distance from Monterey, California to Redding, California is:
316 miles
The driving distance from Monterey, California to Crater Lake National Park is:
508 miles
The driving distance from Crater Lake National Park to Redding, California is:
194 miles
The driving distance from Redding, California to Yreka, California is:
98 miles
The driving distance from Yreka, California to Crater Lake National Park is:
123 miles

Add:

The driving distance from Sacramento to Redding is: 162 miles.

This means going from Sparks NV to Redding via Sacramento is 135+162 = 297.

I've been rewatching the 's direct examination. According to her, she was behind schedule and had no choice but to drive the rental to Yreka, to get to work on time.

She (and a sister, iirc) drove the rental to Redding the next day. I think she'd left her Infiniti at her brother's house there. There was speculation way back when that the 's gas cans gas purchase in SLC may have been for her Infiniti (cheaper gas).

Sparks NV to Yreka- 317 miles (long route,) 254 (short route)
Yreka to Redding - about 100 miles

That's what I recall. She had to hurry to get to work, so she said. But didn't she quit her job? Her grandfather was upset because he thought she was at work during the time of the murder?

Whose computer did #witchy-poo use to plan her route?

Matt's in Santa Cruz to avoid detection from L.E.? Darryl's in Monterey to avoid detection from L.E.? Her own computer in lovely Yreka (and then wreck the hard drive to avoid detection from L.E.)?

I did a route map for her a few years ago with stops at all her known cities (which was slightly different than Nancy's map on HLN which had #Lefty driving North through the mountains of Arizona into Utah, and not the most direct route back into California -- the state she was supposed to be in), but after her last known stop in Sparks, I originally had her returning to the car rental office in Redding, not continuing on to Yreka to get to work on time and then returning to Yreka the next day.

So the mileage on her roundtrip from Redding to Redding (by my estimation) would have been approximately 2,627.5 miles (without counting number of miles driven in and around each of the cities that she visited)

The miles driven on her rental car was 2,834 miles -- 206.5 over a Redding to Redding roundtrip.

But... if JA bypassed Redding on her return trip and drove directly to Yreka from Sparks, NV. (by way of Sacramento) and returning the car in Redding the next day, her total miles would have been 2.823.02 miles.

That is barely ten miles over the mileage on her rental car for the week-long trip. And the three gas cans she had filled at Tesoro in SLC the morning she left RB's house would have probably been used to fill her Infinity which she had left in Redding.

I had always assumed the extra miles she drove, and the three full gas cans, had something to do with getting rid of evidence somewhere off the beaten path in northern Utah and/or Nevada, but maybe not after all.

So... another J.A. mystery solved?

That's what I recall. She had to hurry to get to work, so she said. But didn't she quit her job? Her grandfather was upset because he thought she was at work during the time of the murder?

When she left for Mesa the still had a (new) job, as a PT bartender at the dive Casa Ramos. Her grandfather was "mistaken" more than once about times and events relating to the .

–_--------

About MM and January 2013. MM was definitely caught up in the forged letters plot, and as a result, his worth as a DT witness was compromised beyond repair.

I did a whole little section on pedo letters chronology ( in the appeals thread, year 2010, iirc). At one point the DT was ordered to turn over the original pedo letters (couldn't, of course,) or the contact info, etc. for " Bob White." (Bobwhite ,BTW, being a song bird, a bit of "humor." ) Nurmi chose the latter.

Since JM has said he still doesn't know the identity of White, I don't think MM was Bob White, but I do think he willingly agreed to use a 3rd party to transmit
(Email) the forged letters to Nurmi.

JM's magazine intervention prevented MM from testifying at the pedo letter evidentiary hearing a few days afterwards. The pedo letters were precluded after the hearings (Nurmi didn't object).

By 2013, the only possible issue that the DT could have wanted MM to testify about was his first hand "knowledge" that Travis had physically abused the .

But...Nurmi wrote in his book that he had no intention of calling MM as a witness, that even though MM was the only person who could have testified about the (lie of) abuse, Nurmi feared that JM would shred MM's credibility, including by bringing up the forged letters. Nurmi went so far as to say, iirc, that MM testifying would have resulted in the being sentenced to death.

As for JM and MM. Not sure if it was in Jan 2013 or not, but iirc, MM literally bolted out of the room while being interviewed by JM, lol. Maybe that's when JM brought up the touchy subject of perjury being a criminal offense? ;)

When she left for Mesa the still had a (new) job, as a PT bartender at the dive Casa Ramos. Her grandfather was "mistaken" more than once about times and events relating to the .

–_--------

About MM and January 2013. MM was definitely caught up in the forged letters plot, and as a result, his worth as a DT witness was compromised beyond repair.

I did a whole little section on pedo letters chronology ( in the appeals thread, year 2010, iirc). At one point the DT was ordered to turn over the original pedo letters (couldn't, of course,) or the contact info, etc. for " Bob White." (Bobwhite ,BTW, being a song bird, a bit of "humor." ) Nurmi chose the latter.

Since JM has said he still doesn't know the identity of White, I don't think MM was Bob White, but I do think he willingly agreed to use a 3rd party to transmit
(Email) the forged letters to Nurmi.

JM's magazine intervention prevented MM from testifying at the pedo letter evidentiary hearing a few days afterwards. The pedo letters were precluded after the hearings (Nurmi didn't object).

By 2013, the only possible issue that the DT could have wanted MM to testify about was his first hand "knowledge" that Travis had physically abused the .

But...Nurmi wrote in his book that he had no intention of calling MM as a witness, that even though MM was the only person who could have testified about the (lie of) abuse, Nurmi feared that JM would shred MM's credibility, including by bringing up the forged letters. Nurmi went so far as to say, iirc, that MM testifying would have resulted in the being sentenced to death.

As for JM and MM. Not sure if it was in Jan 2013 or not, but iirc, MM literally bolted out of the room while being interviewed by JM, lol. Maybe that's when JM brought up the touchy subject of perjury being a criminal offense? ;)

Why would MM comply with to send the forged letters to Nurmi in the first place? That is the burning question for me. Answer to that question, if surfaced, could be what Nurmi was afraid of- receiving the death penalty.

I want to know what had on him in the first place.

Whose computer did #witchy-poo use to plan her route?

Matt's in Santa Cruz to avoid detection from L.E.? Darryl's in Monterey to avoid detection from L.E.? Her own computer in lovely Yreka (and then wreck the hard drive to avoid detection from L.E.)?

I did a route map for her a few years ago with stops at all her known cities (which was slightly different than Nancy's map on HLN which had #Lefty driving North through the mountains of Arizona into Utah, and not the most direct route back into California -- the state she was supposed to be in), but after her last known stop in Sparks, I originally had her returning to the car rental office in Redding, not continuing on to Yreka to get to work on time and then returning to Yreka the next day.

So the mileage on her roundtrip from Redding to Redding (by my estimation) would have been approximately 2,627.5 miles (without counting number of miles driven in and around each of the cities that she visited)

The miles driven on her rental car was 2,834 miles -- 206.5 over a Redding to Redding roundtrip.

But... if JA bypassed Redding on her return trip and drove directly to Yreka from Sparks, NV. (by way of Sacramento) and returning the car in Redding the next day, her total miles would have been 2.823.02 miles.

That is barely ten miles over the mileage on her rental car for the week-long trip. And the three gas cans she had filled at Tesoro in SLC the morning she left RB's house would have probably been used to fill her Infinity which she had left in Redding.

I had always assumed the extra miles she drove, and the three full gas cans, had something to do with getting rid of evidence somewhere off the beaten path in northern Utah and/or Nevada, but maybe not after all.

So... another J.A. mystery solved?
It sounds plausible. But this means she drove close to 900 miles, SLC - Yreka - Redding, with 3 full gas cans just to save maybe about $5. People do that?

It sounds plausible. But this means she drove close to 900 miles, SLC - Yreka - Redding, with 3 full gas cans just to save maybe about $5. People do that?
I imagine almost all people would not do that. Then there's #Smartypants. I know she thinks she's being prudent (if not flat-out frugal out of necessity), but if a gallon of gas weighs six pounds, her car (with an extra 90 pounds in the trunk) is now burning through more fuel in those 900 miles than without -- which would probably negate any savings that she may have gained from buying gas in a cheap state (if not put her in a defecit). But who am I to argue with her logic?

Edited to add: in my post above, I had said that the extra miles she drove bypassing the car rental joint in Redding and driving directly to Yreka on her way home (and then back to Redding the next day) was ten miles over what her car's speedo read, but what I meant to say is that it is ten miles less than the speedo reading. So now she's only got ten miles of wiggle room to play with.

Why would MM comply with to send the forged letters to Nurmi in the first place? That is the burning question for me. Answer to that question, if surfaced, could be what Nurmi was afraid of- receiving the death penalty.

JMO, but I don't think the had anything on MM. He didn't want to be in a relationship with her back in the day, even moved to escape her clutches.

But.... they stayed in touch after that , and from reading 's journal, I get the sense MM not only knew she was mentally unbalanced, but cared enough to try to get help for her.

Just a guess, but I think it's very possible the had convinced MM that TA was abusing her emotionally ("pushing her towards considering suicide"), and perhaps physically as well. And... it wouldn't surprise me at all if she involved him in some way without his knowledge, only for him to find out afterwards what she'd done and to have felt complicit.

(Consider DB. Lost a job, a house, and his credit because of the , the cut him off with no warning --"and no swearing in front of me anymore either, Darryl! "--yet hands over gas cans and money and use of his computer on June 3.

And, who knows whether or not he would have lied for her and given her that alibi she seemed to be requesting from him when she called right after Travis was found? Had she not been caught off guard by Flores presenting evidence she had in fact been there, that is.

-----

Nurmi said explicitly why he thought MM testifying would likely have resulted in her being sentenced to death.

What he said was that JM would elicit info from MM about his involvement in the forged pedo letters. Faced with the fact of those letters, that the had gone so far as to manufacture evidence and tried to tamper with a witness, in the service of creating a malicious, evil lie about the man she slaughtered, and had done so in order to save her own sorry arse.....Nurmi didn't think the jury would feeeeeel good about that. ;)

I had in the back of my mind a few months back that there was a drug shipment or something. 'Cos there was the ridiculousness of that whole big UHaul truck (with contents she didn't want her mother to see), a trip with the truck to Searcy's (she paid per mile to take the truck there, huh?). On top of that there was the bizarre $$$$$ "loan" from some old man near Monterey with prompt payback (with what money?). And then there was the hinky evening of June 2....

She could have intended to do something else, but ran out of time because of her job.

When it comes to fuel, Jodi Arias = #pennywise_#poundfoolish

#2DESCEND

:D

's use of DB's computer, etc. on June 3rd AM. (from JM cross of ).

JM asked both DB and the if MM was with her the morning of June 3. Even though he didn't dwell on their separate denials, I get the feeling JM knows MM was in fact with the for some while, and that he was telling the that he knew.

Also, JM forced her to be more specific about what she did on DB's computer. He knew whether or not she actually sent any emails from her regular email account. And she knew JM knew that, so she went with a story about looking at her MySpace (including emails from that account) because " she hadn't looked at it for several days."

She had to have been snooping on TA. Too bad she didn't try a few hours later, after Travis had accepted Brook's invitation to go camping that night.

JMO, but I don't think the had anything on MM. He didn't want to be in a relationship with her back in the day, even moved to escape her clutches.

But.... they stayed in touch after that , and from reading 's journal, I get the sense MM not only knew she was mentally unbalanced, but cared enough to try to get help for her.

Just a guess, but I think it's very possible the had convinced MM that TA was abusing her emotionally ("pushing her towards considering suicide"), and perhaps physically as well. And... it wouldn't surprise me at all if she involved him in some way without his knowledge, only for him to find out afterwards what she'd done and to have felt complicit.

(Consider DB. Lost a job, a house, and his credit because of the , the cut him off with no warning --"and no swearing in front of me anymore either, Darryl! "--yet hands over gas cans and money and use of his computer on June 3.

And, who knows whether or not he would have lied for her and given her that alibi she seemed to be requesting from him when she called right after Travis was found? Had she not been caught off guard by Flores presenting evidence she had in fact been there, that is.

-----

Nurmi said explicitly why he thought MM testifying would likely have resulted in her being sentenced to death.

What he said was that JM would elicit info from MM about his involvement in the forged pedo letters. Faced with the fact of those letters, that the had gone so far as to manufacture evidence and tried to tamper with a witness, in the service of creating a malicious, evil lie about the man she slaughtered, and had done so in order to save her own sorry arse.....Nurmi didn't think the jury would feeeeeel good about that. ;)

Nurmi eventually had determined that forged the letters after 3x5 cards were found. And he believed if the State could prove the letters were forged by the , she would be on death row.

But JM did not want jurors to see or hear about the pedo letters, even if he could prove they were forged, because of a highly inflammatory nature of the letters. So he was elated they were gone after the pro per fiasco.

Both sides had good reasons for never wanting to bring up the letters in front of jurors.

MM did tell JM in one of his interview that he had never seen bruises on . I used to have a video clip where JM tells that fact during their exchange. I will try to look for it later. I think JM was pretty confident MM would not lie about the bruises if he took the stand, but at the same time he didn't want to take any chances he would lie.

One of the reason I think the had something bad on him from the get-go is- in 48 hours interview, she said she called Matt on June 4th because he is somebody that would not betray her. At this time she was claiming ninjas killed Travis. What made her think anyone would not call police if he/she found out that ninjas had killed Travis. From the very beginning she announced to the public MM was her alibi, ally, and confidante. She basically shut MM's mouth with that announcement.

I think Matt had done something not so good during the planning stage, helped her inadvertently or knowingly.

Honestly, I don't know what I am saying anymore. I need a glass of wine.:banghead:

Hi everyone! A few months back I was talking to an out-of-state coworker, and we were talking about some criminal case, and he mentioned that it hit too close to home. When I asked how, he said that he was very good friends with Travis Alexander. In fact, Travis had lived with him and his wife for a few months at one point. He knew Jodi, knew of their relationship, and remembered the day his friend called saying they couldn't find Travis... that his car was at home, but he wasn't answering. He then mentioned how later people went back and found him... and how he remembers that call he got as well. I've never really had a connection to a case on here before, and I have to say, it really put things in a different perspective.

Oh, my gosh...I'm watching the Arias cross. I can't remember ever hearning all the minute detail about the Bianca episode.

Then the ridiculousness about sharing a tent with MM for two weeks and not having sex! Followed by the ridiculousness of June 2-3 where she slept on the floor of MM's room and his roommate was also in the room. She makes sure she gets that in there at least three times. She's just so "pure".

I also find it curious that this roommate of MM was never identified or asked to corroborate.

Had to share this picture with you all - posted by YESorNO from the sidebar thread:

Attachments

• Jodi new job.jpg
    Jodi new job.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors