NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #6 *Parents chgd w/Murder*

I spent the last few days reading all the threads on this case and as much msm as I could (really disappointed in some news outlets...it has only been 3 years yet many of the links from 2013 are dead already).

It was heartbreaking to read all of the optimistic posts and statements from those of you following so actively over time and her mother and family, knowing what we know now. I am thankful for the diligent work by the FBI, Marshburn (he is really one of the absolute best) and Erica's family to finally find her and wring the truth out of Sandy.

Jaime Parsons has made a tremendously transformative journey to becoming a man and likely still has a lot of recovery to do. I work with young people like him often and coming from a home purported to be as hellish as the Parsons' takes an enormous toll on a kid's psyche, sense of self and understanding of normal behavior. Both he and Erica (and the other kids) are so fortunate that Scott and Tammy Parsons had their **** together enough to help him open everyone's eyes to the truth. It is really a miracle, considering the most common outcome in these situations is a kid that ends up in the prison system himself.

Casey is an absolute sociopath and should never be allowed to re-enter society. She may have murdered Erica, but she has also done irreparable damage to her entire family. There have been a lot of disgusting perps in cases I've followed here (Judy Compton comes to mind) but this is the first time I have felt a sickening hatred for someone. I hope she rots in hell, whatever that is for her.

I haven't read all the feeds here but as much as I could over the last couple of days doing internet searches. Yes, a lot of broken links. I am so disgusted by this ENTIRE family of Parsons and Casey's. No one intervened and all seemed to turn a blind eye UNTIL Jamie talked to LE. I can't believe a "mother" would torture an innocent child, let alone encourage her biological children to do the same. I am absolutely horrified and can't imagine her children would be able to consider her "their mother" anymore. God bless Jamie for having the courage to come forward where NO ONE ELSE in the entire Parsons or Casey's family did. If I find that Sandy's dad & stepmother did anything prior to Jamie coming forward, then I may change my mind. Sandy Parson's dad raised him to be the man he is today... did he not? Apple doesn't fall far??

I consider the entire extended family of Sandy & Casey guilty to contributing to the torture and murder of this beautiful child. They should all rot., imo.

Oh no, I've been gone for months and the last thing I expected to see was Erica's thread title changed.

I mean, we all knew, but I didn't think she'd ever be found.

Going to read the actual details now. :(

Even though this was expected it doesn't make it any less heartbreaking.

RIP Erica.
:rose:

I haven't read all the feeds here but as much as I could over the last couple of days doing internet searches. Yes, a lot of broken links. I am so disgusted by this ENTIRE family of Parsons and Casey's. No one intervened and all seemed to turn a blind eye UNTIL Jamie talked to LE. I can't believe a "mother" would torture an innocent child, let alone encourage her biological children to do the same. I am absolutely horrified and can't imagine her children would be able to consider her "their mother" anymore. God bless Jamie for having the courage to come forward where NO ONE ELSE in the entire Parsons or Casey's family did. If I find that Sandy's dad & stepmother did anything prior to Jamie coming forward, then I may change my mind. Sandy Parson's dad raised him to be the man he is today... did he not? Apple doesn't fall far??

I consider the entire extended family of Sandy & Casey guilty to contributing to the torture and murder of this beautiful child. They should all rot., imo.

Well, it was his mother who believed their nan story, and near who's house Erica was found, as I understood it. Sandy Sr. seemed to flip on his son fairly early. You don't end up with a person like Casey without a model for it. JMO

Not the outcome we hoped for but at least she can be laid to rest. Can't wait for the charges to roll in on those two . Bring it on. Fly high little darling xoxo

I hope immunity was given to Jamie. He was under the abusive control of his parents. He remains a hero IMO! He cared enough to remember the last time he saw Erica, and when he could safely report her missing, he did. He, to my knowledge, has been very honest with investigators and the grand jury. It couldn't have been easy testifying against your parents, and family, but he did. His integrity speaks volumes, IMO!

I hope immunity was given to Jamie. He was under the abusive control of his parents. He remains a hero IMO! He cared enough to remember the last time he saw Erica, and when he could safely report her missing, he did. He, to my knowledge, has been very honest with investigators and the grand jury. It couldn't have been easy testifying against your parents, and family, but he did. His integrity speaks volumes, IMO!

Especially hard when you know what they're capable of and have been subject to their abuse for 18-ish years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://wbtw.com/2016/10/04/deputies-erica-parsons-believed-dead-long-before-reported-missing/

“What we’ll ask the public – and anybody that’s interested – is to consider donating for her marker, in what we hope will be an angel. That is something she had a passion for – angels,” said Sheriff Kevin Auten. Donations can be made to ‘Prevent Child Abuse Rowan:’ – 130 Woodsen Street, Salisbury, NC 28144. People are asked to make a notation of “Erica’s angel.” A grave plot has also been donated for Parsons.

Very good -- it appears that the money is to be sent to an account, etc., that is controlled and probably audited. It looks like the good Sheriff Auten is her angel here on earth. So glad she has got one. Bless him.

http://www.wect.com/story/33300785/more-info-released-on-discovery-of-erica-parsons-remains

So it seems the family doesn't own the land but it's still a familiar area.

I've been thinking why they chose the area they did. I'm thinking back to the CA case and why Caylee was where she was. The Parsons chose this location because:
It was close to SP's Mother's house. So they can drive by the area that they knew alright and "check on" the grave site without actually checking on it and they'd want to keep tabs to see if it was being disturbed or found out.
Also, it was just over the state line so likely the thought process was that it was in another jurisdiction so LE might not look in South Carolina when they were telling authorities she was in North Carolina. (maybe more charges will be added for this extra little deception)
And lastly it was to reinforce their kind of truth to the lie of she is with her Grandmother which she technically would be sorta of with her being near SP's Mom's house.

I wish they could just put 'Erica Lynn' on the stone and leave off the "P" word.

I just happened upon this case a week or so ago. I am sickened beyond belief at what that poor innocent girl suffered for so many years. And I mean sick...I feel like throwing up. I also feel very very angry and outraged at the parents and even the extended family. They obviously didn't give a crap about her whereabouts, and apparently knew Casey couldn't stand her (speaking of Casey's sister in particular). It's sad that nobody in the extended family cared enough to want to see her again, to demand to know where she was, to go over the head's of the parents to find out the truth about Erica.Does anyone know how old she was at the time of the adoption? So many years of horrible abuse at the hands of the entire family. I can't get this horror out of my mind.Rot and BURN you evil, worthless monsters! They were not worthy of their own children, let alone worthy to raise someone else's. Erica deserved nothing but love and support and hugs and joy and spoiling...RIP Erica, I am so sorry what you went through but at least now you are free from the evil and pain you endured.

I just got caught up on all of this, I think.
So so heartbreaking. These adoptive parents she wound up with... its just so hard to find words!
She never stood a chance it seems. I am glad she is found.. but doggone.. she never ever got to live. I pray they can build a case where these two "adoptive parents" will never be able to walk a public street ever again. They are just not fit.

Erica has been on my mind all afternoon for some reason, so I thought I'd do something I rarely do & bump her thread (even though I have no info or link to add).

I still pray for you all of the time Erica. I hope those who harmed you during your short time here on earth pay dearly for the unspeakable things they put you through. Rest gently beautiful girl.

Erica has been on my mind all afternoon for some reason, so I thought I'd do something I rarely do & bump her thread (even though I have no info or link to add).

I still pray for you all of the time Erica. I hope those who harmed you during your short time here on earth pay dearly for the unspeakable things they put you through. Rest gently beautiful girl.

Right there with you KayElJay! I so hope murder charges get filed. I don't care that the <cough> "parents" are already in jail - I'm thirsty for justice for Erica!

No link, but I sure love pour Mods and members!

Attachments

• erica_grave_distance.jpg
    erica_grave_distance.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 101
  • erica_grave.jpg
    erica_grave.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 97
Oh, my. The pics of the area where she was found just make me cry. Such a lonely human-less looking place. Dreary-looking. She was so alone in life, and then her little body was put in a lonely place after death. Oh, just why???

Erica, you have earned your wings love.
5a053dfb-2896-47db-acd9-e4531aa60562_zpspgm8gvek.jpg

attachment.php

Fly high, your safe and loved. No one can take that from you now.

Attachments

• ca8b67c2-7819-4b11-9ef8-3bd1ba2d25fb_zps0ic8oyxz.jpg
    ca8b67c2-7819-4b11-9ef8-3bd1ba2d25fb_zps0ic8oyxz.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 548bf7a4-4014-4487-981c-638339282a78_zpshystkqvt.jpg
    548bf7a4-4014-4487-981c-638339282a78_zpshystkqvt.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 405

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors