GUILTY TX - Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, Bullard, 1 Nov 2016 #2 *Arrest*

#3 post:

''Sometimes we dream with things we cannot do or that cannot be, but it's for wise people to mess up, but it's better to learn from the mistakes and whoever doesn't learn, hasn't compossed, not even with ''hard hits'' (Madrazos in Mexican Spanish slang often mean ''strong hit'') or am I wrong? :-[''

There you go, I had a hard time translating it due to his grammar, but maybe I got it.

Amaraya and Videogamemc,

Great translations. I was able to compensate for the bad grammar and horrible spelling, but was lost on nearly all of the slang. I am don't know the Madrazos, slang term, but Mexicans can use the word compuso as slang to mean "broken" or more probably, "busted". He is also using it in the reflexsive (unless that is just another grammar error)

Thus, the portion with the term "se compuso" might be something like:
ya n se conpuso nia madrasos o me equiboko :-[

"... has not already busted oneself on it, nor received a "hard hit", or I am mistaken."

I think equivocar(se) (written as "me equiboko"?) also implies a mistake that is not one's own fault. Therefore, with the context maybe something like: "has not already "busted" oneself on it, nor received a "hard hit", or I am mistaken from bad info...."

Maybe he is doing a show in the interview room because he knows he is on camera...

Why wasn't he deported when arrested for beating his wife up? We have enough bad people already, we don't need them coming here illegally and staying only to commit horror in our neighborhoods.

y el q n aprenda ya n se conpuso nia madrasos o me equiboko :-[

madrazos (madrasos) are punches, hits, crashes, etc. "and he who doesn't learn now, won't learn (get it together) not even with a crash, punch, etc. or am i wrong?"

the grammar, spelling is written as it is said and there is quite a lot of difference between spoken and written. i speak spanish (central american) but i am ok with the mexican (most of the time) words and i am a linguist so that helps to get through the caca of it all ;)

that being said, it's pretty obvious this guy wanted to show he was tough and comes off as a real violent and aggressive s.o.b. that poor little girl to have to be the victim of such anger and he shows himself in his crime to be a real pendejo. if he was so tough, to take it out on a 10 year old innocent girl. disgusting...

I don't really care why he did it. I doubt if a jury made up from the citizens of that county are going to care why he did it much either.

If there was a sexual assault involved, and the prosecutor decides to go for the death penalty, ole Gustavo is going to spend the next 12 years of his life sitting in a concrete cell waiting for a toxic cocktail to be injected into his veins.

We don't even know if she was alive or dead when he tossed her down in that well. She may have clinged onto life for a day or two while he was making up stories and denying involvement.

You can't reform these guys, history has proven that over and over. They need to be removed from society, poste haste.

His two year old daughter will be much better off if she never knew he existed.

that being said, it's pretty obvious this guy wanted to show he was tough and comes off as a real violent and aggressive s.o.b. that poor little girl to have to be the victim of such anger and he shows himself in his crime to be a real pendejo. if he was so tough, to take it out on a 10 year old innocent girl. disgusting...[/FONT][/COLOR]

This insight shows your skills as a translator. I have translated Spanish from time to time in the past. When I translate, I usually have to do so mechanically. Thus, I can miss things like this.

This insight shows your skills as a translator. I have translated Spanish from time to time in the past. When I translate, I usually have to do so mechanically. Thus, I can miss things like this.

thanks, it took me a bit to get through it because it just broke my heart. usually, you can read this stuff and just think it's some kid posturing and trying to make themselves look big. but knowing, as someone said, in hindsight. it's truly sickening. but- important to see how intrinsic violence and aggressive identity- associating oneself with a crazy murderer, etc; are not to be overlooked. my heart just breaks for this little one. my son and i said prayers for her in spanish last night (i didn't give him the details about the whole story) and i have been holding her close to my heart. poor sweet sunshine of a girl...

Why wasn't he deported when arrested for beating his wife up? We have enough bad people already, we don't need them coming here illegally and staying only to commit horror in our neighborhoods.

I read something this morning that said he was deported after assaulting his wife

Here you go

A law enforcement source told KETK, he somehow got back into the United States after being deported for committing a violent crime in 2014.
Jail records indicate he served 30 days behind bars for assaulting his wife.

Authorities say Gustavo Zavala-Garcia is the only suspect in the 10-year-old’s death. The Dallas Morning News reports that Zavala-Garcia is Kayla’s uncle. Smith says the suspect has been jailed without bond on a federal immigration hold.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kayla-g...dy-of-texas-girl-found-in-well-relative-held/

Smith County Sheriff Larry Smith has confirmed the suspect in the Kayla Gomez- Orozco case.

Gustavo Zavala-Garcia, 24, is the primary suspect in the case of Kayla Gomez-Orozco. Garcia was booked Saturday night on an Immigration Detainer according to Smith County Jail records. Sheriff Smith said they have no other suspects at this time.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/33643567/suspect-in-custody-regarding-kayla-gomez-orozco-case

Anyone feel differently about border security after this????????

no. i do feel that 30 days in jail for domestic violence is a sham though. there must be a better way. he would have hurt someone in mexico or where ever else. he was, imo, aggressive and violent. that needs to be addressed in sentencing. a few cases now we see people who have shown themselves to have no consideration, respect for the lives of others, beyond that they are violent towards others in disturbing ways. that should be a focus when in prison. just my opinion.

I saw in the past thread someone wanted a Gustavo's Facebook post translated. Can that someone report and point which post wants it to be translated, please?

So very sad.

What a monster he is! I see he has marks to his face too. Wonder how he explained those?

I'm trying to work out how he arrived back home from church so fast as first reported by his wife? Or was his wife not there, and was just repeating what he had told her?

Banking is listed as work. Also studied RN. ? May have had a couple of jobs. Or he did not let her attend church that evening. The story was always hinky.

thanks, it took me a bit to get through it because it just broke my heart. usually, you can read this stuff and just think it's some kid posturing and trying to make themselves look big. but knowing, as someone said, in hindsight. it's truly sickening. but

Thank you to everyone who translated his postings! I tried to use the translation button, but none of it made any sense to me.

thanks, it took me a bit to get through it because it just broke my heart. usually, you can read this stuff and just think it's some kid posturing and trying to make themselves look big. but knowing, as someone said, in hindsight. it's truly sickening. but- important to see how intrinsic violence and aggressive identity- associating oneself with a crazy murderer, etc; are not to be overlooked. my heart just breaks for this little one. my son and i said prayers for her in spanish last night (i didn't give him the details about the whole story) and i have been holding her close to my heart. poor sweet sunshine of a girl...

That is a beautiful way to honor this little girl. I am going to light a candle for her as well at church. Please consider that....

You also identified that "Tachillo" was not only a last name (I have not heard it before, and thought it was just another slang word), but were also able to make the connection to the drug dealer and then knew that the use of the name was a slang term for "uncontrollabe rage / vengeance".

I think your translating skills (far more than mechanical proficiency- they are what the government would call "intelligence grade") and your compassion could really help a domestic violence shelter. Perhaps you could consider volunteering part time at such a shelter? You could well be in a position there to alert authorities to real dangers that could otherwise be "lost in translation".
Thank you to everyone who translated his postings! I tried to use the translation button, but none of it made any sense to me.

Software based translations have alot of trouble on the extreme ends of the educational bell curve.

Highly educated people's use of a language can contain references, subtle wording usages or advanced grammar / verb usage (spanish has about 14 verb tenses of which some are usually purely literary) to convey meaning that software misses. At the other end of the curve are people whose slang, grammar mistakes and spelling errors "short circuit" the same software.

That is a beautiful way to honor this little girl. I am going to light a candle for her as well. Please consider that....You also identified that "Tachillo" was not only a last name (I have not heard it before, and thought it was another slang word), but were also able to make the connection to the drug dealer and then knew that the use of the name was a slang term for "uncontrollabe rage / vengeance".I think your skills and your compassion could really help a domestic violence shelter. Perhaps you could consider volunteering part time at such a shelter? You could well be in a position there to authorities to real dangers that other translators could well miss.
i will definitely light a candle for her sweet spirit tonight, a lovely gesture.i would love to work to help in that way- thanks for your kind words. to be fair i just remember the story of tachio and it's not slang but as a reference it just seemed pretty obvious to me what he was alluding to. anyone who compares themselves to a monster is admitting the monster they themselves are. for now, i am in the process of a career tune-up. you gave me a great idea- thanks! :)

I don't really care why he did it. I doubt if a jury made up from the citizens of that county are going to care why he did it much either.

If there was a sexual assault involved, and the prosecutor decides to go for the death penalty, ole Gustavo is going to spend the next 12 years of his life sitting in a concrete cell waiting for a toxic cocktail to be injected into his veins.

We don't even know if she was alive or dead when he tossed her down in that well. She may have clinged onto life for a day or two while he was making up stories and denying involvement.

You can't reform these guys, history has proven that over and over. They need to be removed from society, poste haste.

His two year old daughter will be much better off if she never knew he existed.

Part I put in bold...I hadn't even thought of that. I really hope that isn't the case.

Anyone know if there will be any updates from LE today??

for now, i am in the process of a career tune-up. you gave me a great idea- thanks! :)

I am glad to be of help. Please keep us informed of how any career tune-up towards your goal goes:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back