GUILTY TX - Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, Bullard, 1 Nov 2016 #2 *Arrest*

(I too Steelman had wondered if she was deceased when thrown in the well :( )

This is so heartbreaking! Rest in peace sweet Kayla.

there is just as many if not more home grown americans who do the same thing. but coming here illegaly is breaking the law. but no, this case isn't making me be all "border security!"

Anyone feel differently about border security after this????????

there is just as many if not more home grown americans who do the same thing. but coming here illegaly is breaking the law. but no, this case isn't making me be all "border security!"

Agree. And that's such a political issue I hope it doesn't encroach on this thread and distract from Kayla. JMO

I cant imagine him serving only 30 days for felony DV especially in TX. here in CA if you have a lack of history, and the injuries aren't terrible, and the spouse isn't cooperative, sometimes they plea to misdemeanor DV. its also possible he never served time as maybe his wife totally wouldn't cooperate, so he was there on the BICE hold and when charges weren't filed/dismissed he was deported.

I read something this morning that said he was deported after assaulting his wife

Here you go

Capital murder charge filed against suspect in Kayla Gomez-Orozco case

EAST TEXAS (KLTV) -
Charges have been filed against a man suspected in the death of an East Texas 10-year-old.

Monday, an arrest warrant for capital murder was filed against Gustavo Zavala-Garcia, 24, according to Smith County Sheriff Larry Smith.

The charge was upgraded to capital murder because it was committed in the course of committing or attempting to commit kidnapping, a Smith County official said.

Good. Capital murder makes him eligible for the death penalty.

I wonder was he going to sell her.
Traffic her possibly.

Bond set at $10 Million!!!

[video=twitter;795766542147420160]https://twitter.com/ShernMinKHOU/status/795766542147420160[/video]

I am so glad to see his bond set so high. He wont be going anywhere.

I am so glad to see his bond set so high. He wont be going anywhere.

I'm glad he didn't make a run for the border. I was hoping there wouldn't be a Brenda Delgado rerun. We're still holding our collective breath on ZuZu Verk's thread praying her suspect boyfriend doesn't try it. Alpine is very close to the border.

Family member charged in death of 10-year-old girl

Gustavo Zavala-Garcia received a $10 million bond on Monday after detectives say he was responsible for the death of Kayla Gomez-Orozco.

[...]

Smith County Sheriff Larry Smith confirmed to WFAA on Monday that Zavala-Garcia was at the church where Kayla disappeared from November 1.

"I've seen a lot of bad stuff but this is one of the worst," Smith said.

Smith says detectives continued to work the crime scene on Monday off FM2493, approximately 15 miles south of Tyler and were able to gather additional evidence from the well that led to the capital murder charge.

He says detectives do have a narrative of a possible motive they are working from, but will not release that to the public.

http://www.12news.com/news/nation-n...h-of-10-year-old-kayla-gomez-orozco/349519055

I wish I couldn't figure out what the motive was. But after reading so many tragic cases of 10 yr olds kidnapped and killed by relatives, there is really only one motive that usually comes to mind---sadly enough. :sigh:

I wonder why he wanted he wanted her to be immersed in water ? Did he want the evidence of his evil ways to be washed away?

I wonder why he wanted he wanted her to be immersed in water ? Did he want the evidence of his evil ways to be washed away?

That might be. . . but apparently he didn't think it through about putting her in his own well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back