POI: Joseph Brewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am new to this case I have been researching all of the initial POIs to make sure I am up to speed with all facts and I have come across a page that states SG arrived at JB's property, spent some hours there, left with him and then returned a short time later. Does anyone know if this is rumor/speculation or fact? If it is fact do we know where they went and what they were doing and if they left on foot or in a vehicle? Sorry if this has already been cleared up a long time ago, as I say I am new to this case and just making sure I cover everything. Thank you!
SG's phone records do show calls to a local 24 hour CVS store on the mainland and JB did confirm that they went to purchase I think condoms and lube.

SG's phone records do show calls to a local 24 hour CVS store on the mainland and JB did confirm that they went to purchase I think condoms and lube.

Hello all, new here and thought I would make a first post.

Kolker's book, Lost Girls, has a very detailed timeline of SG's movements during
her trip out to JB's place. I highly recommend the book as a starting point for info on some of the missing girl's histories and cases. and especially SG's case. In fact, I'm going back to reread certain portions tonight. (It's been awhile since I originally read the book.)

Josh Zeman, one of the creator's of the Killing Season series on A&E mentions the book it as one factor in motivating him to investigate the cases. He mention's this in one of his stints on Websleuth Radio which are an excellent listen. The radio podcasts with Rachel and Josh and many other guests offer some extra info and insights and fill in some gaps that are not covered on the TV series. All have been excellent.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths

Glad to be among so many sharp sleuths here.
As Josh called some of us on the radio show,
I am an Obsessed Night Owl.

Hello all, new here and thought I would make a first post.

Kolker's book, Lost Girls, has a very detailed timeline of SG's movements during
her trip out to JB's place. I highly recommend the book as a starting point for info on some of the missing girl's histories and cases. and especially SG's case. In fact, I'm going back to reread certain portions tonight. (It's been awhile since I originally read the book.)

Josh Zeman, one of the creator's of the Killing Season series on A&E mentions the book it as one factor in motivating him to investigate the cases. He mention's this in one of his stints on Websleuth Radio which are an excellent listen. The radio podcasts with Rachel and Josh and many other guests offer some extra info and insights and fill in some gaps that are not covered on the TV series. All have been excellent.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths

Glad to be among so many sharp sleuths here.
As Josh called some of us on the radio show,
I am an Obsessed Night Owl.

Thanks and welcome ONO! There is something I am after all day and have not been able to locate it. Perhaps it is in Kolker's book? I recall reading in an article, that JB said SG "surprisingly showed up with a driver". Do you or anyone recall this as well? Thanks!

-Nin

No it's not...I found this in 1st thread but I am unable to access full article because need to be member but copied jist of article that was posted for you...

Brewer told Newsday in an interview Tuesday that he had contacted Gilbert through Craigslist and arranged a date. But after she arrived unexpectedly with a driver and began to act strangely, he told her to leave. He said she then ran down the street and banged on a neighbor's door.

He said he had been interviewed previously by police, had been fully cooperative and that he had taken a lie detector test. He said Gilbert left his home at his insistence and that he had called police. The driver who brought her to the house also has been interviewed by police.

"I didn't do anything. I was totally cooperative," Brewer said. "I have nothing to do with this."

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/s...-man-1.2544876

No it's not...I found this in 1st thread but I am unable to access full article because need to be member but copied jist of article that was posted for you...

Brewer told Newsday in an interview Tuesday that he had contacted Gilbert through Craigslist and arranged a date. But after she arrived unexpectedly with a driver and began to act strangely, he told her to leave. He said she then ran down the street and banged on a neighbor's door.

He said he had been interviewed previously by police, had been fully cooperative and that he had taken a lie detector test. He said Gilbert left his home at his insistence and that he had called police. The driver who brought her to the house also has been interviewed by police.

"I didn't do anything. I was totally cooperative," Brewer said. "I have nothing to do with this."

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/s...-man-1.2544876

Many many thanks!! To me you are the sleuther of the day! :)

-Nin

It's only because I ironically re-read 1st thread last night to get feel for how events unfolded again!

It is kinda funny how story changed w/driver arriving unexpectedly!!

Good luck with your lead...lokking forward to your ideas!

I am asking for help to find a televised interview of JB by the media several years ago either soon after the GB4 were found or just after Shannan's remains were found. I don't recall what station interviewed him; however. JB was in his driveway and about to get into his car and leave. It was light out. Something he said has been on my mind all this time, and I really hope to find that footage. TIA :).

Hey everyone,

Quick reminder. If you haven't seen episodes 1 thru 4 yet you can watch all of them RIGHT HERE

Don't forget episodes 5 & 6 tonight 9:00 PM Eastern on A&E

Join us on Twitter #TheKillingSeason tonight . Josh and Rachel will be on Twitter to answer your questions starting at 8:30 PM ET

Episode 6 is WILD from what I am told.

I am asking for help to find a televised interview of JB by the media several years ago either soon after the GB4 were found or just after Shannan's remains were found. I don't recall what station interviewed him; however. JB was in his driveway and about to get into his car and leave. It was light out. Something he said has been on my mind all this time, and I really hope to find that footage. TIA :).

Forget about what Brewer said, what else would you expect him to say? What is more telling is PC Richard Dormer said it, i.e., he was fully cooperative and took a lie detector test and passed.

Then we have DA Tom Spota telling us that Jim Bissett was NOT a suspect and the SCPD issuing a press release telling us not to believe everything you read on the Internet.

Relay, I did not find the video, but here are some quotes of what JB has said before during several occasions ( including kat913's link) :

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/12/16/man-recalls-missing-n-j-prostitute-as-delirious/
I am innocent in this case. So I have truth on my side. I have no friends other than truth. JB 12-16-2010

http://animalnewyork.com/2010/west-islip-man-was-only-guilty-of-maybe-banging-a-hooker/
I’m waiting for someone to knock on my door and say ‘smile! You’re on Candid Camera. This has been a complete nightmare. I didn’t do this. I have a family. I have a young daughter. I’m not capable of something like this. JB 12-16-2010

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/tag/joseph-brewer/feed/
“My prayers go out to the family,” Brewer said on January 24. Asked if he felt vindicated, he responded: “No. I am not a victim.” JB 1-24-2011

[FONT=&amp]http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40700302/...earch-suv-ny-beach-corpses-case/#.WDnRCJWV46Y[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Brewer, who is not Asian and who also owns a home in West Islip, N.Y., declined to comment when reached by The Associated Press on Thursday. "No comment. I will let the truth be my reporter," he said. JB 12-16-2010

[/FONT]
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/after-finds-cops-talk-to-oak-beach-man-1.2544876
Brewer told Newsday in an interview Tuesday that he had contacted Gilbert through Craigslist and arranged a date. But after she arrived unexpectedly with a driver and began to act strangely, he told her to leave. He said she then ran down the street and banged on a neighbor's door. He said he had been interviewed previously by police, had been fully cooperative and that he had taken a lie detector test. He said Gilbert left his home at his insistence and that he had called police. The driver who brought her to the house also has been interviewed by police."I didn't do anything. I was totally cooperative," Brewer said. "I have nothing to do with this."

Forget about what Brewer said, what else would you expect him to say? What is more telling is PC Richard Dormer said it, i.e., he was fully cooperative and took a lie detector test and passed.

Then we have DA Tom Spota telling us that Jim Bissett was NOT a suspect and the SCPD issuing a press release telling us not to believe everything you read on the Internet.

JB stated something on that video that has stuck with me so I will continue to search for that footage. I have not personally ruled out anyone including a possible suspect(s) not yet discovered.

Brewer admitted that they went to CVS to purchase condoms and lube?? There's a report that Pak said she called him about 3am and asked him to go to CVS to purchase lube and a deck of cards but he refused. I don't think there are any reports SG and Brewer left the house a second time. And, where's the CVS in the Oak Beach neighborhood?

"Shortly after she arrived, Gilbert and Brewer left the house in his vehicle for about 15 minutes but did not leave Oak Beach, sources familiar with the probe said."

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/gilbert-vanishing-reaches-one-year-mark-1.2849214

Relay, I did not find the video, but here are some quotes of what JB has said before during several occasions ( including kat913's link) :

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/12/16/man-recalls-missing-n-j-prostitute-as-delirious/
I am innocent in this case. So I have truth on my side. I have no friends other than truth. JB 12-16-2010

http://animalnewyork.com/2010/west-islip-man-was-only-guilty-of-maybe-banging-a-hooker/
I’m waiting for someone to knock on my door and say ‘smile! You’re on Candid Camera. This has been a complete nightmare. I didn’t do this. I have a family. I have a young daughter. I’m not capable of something like this. JB 12-16-2010

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/tag/joseph-brewer/feed/
“My prayers go out to the family,” Brewer said on January 24. Asked if he felt vindicated, he responded: “No. I am not a victim.” JB 1-24-2011

[FONT=&]http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40700302/...earch-suv-ny-beach-corpses-case/#.WDnRCJWV46Y[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Brewer, who is not Asian and who also owns a home in West Islip, N.Y., declined to comment when reached by The Associated Press on Thursday. "No comment. I will let the truth be my reporter," he said. JB 12-16-2010

[/FONT]
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/after-finds-cops-talk-to-oak-beach-man-1.2544876
Brewer told Newsday in an interview Tuesday that he had contacted Gilbert through Craigslist and arranged a date. But after she arrived unexpectedly with a driver and began to act strangely, he told her to leave. He said she then ran down the street and banged on a neighbor's door. He said he had been interviewed previously by police, had been fully cooperative and that he had taken a lie detector test. He said Gilbert left his home at his insistence and that he had called police. The driver who brought her to the house also has been interviewed by police."I didn't do anything. I was totally cooperative," Brewer said. "I have nothing to do with this."

Thank you NIN :). I don't even recall exactly what Brewer said, but I got the sense he knew more than he revealed publicly. I haven't ruled anyone out, including PH or someone we have yet to hear about yet.

Sorry if I'm hijacking a thread, but the one I was trying to reply in appears to be closed all of the sudden. So in reply to:
Hey just started watching the show and this is my first post.

I Noticed that in either the first or second episode, there is a Town of Babylon sign near where they are looking at the grave sites of the GB4. I found this interesting, since the in his (what we assume to be the murderer) phone calls to the sisters he refers to the victims as wh*#es (not sure about use of language on this site). That to me sounds like a connection with a very religious person as there are many spots in the bible with reference to Babylon and wh*#es. I searched for any sort of Babylon connection in AC and cannot find one.

I, too, have been wondering about possible religious overtones - and the probability of specific racial supremacy - in our search of LISK. The word "w***e" and also the racist descriptive "half-breed" he called MB's little sister when speaking to her on the phone. Not sure if this is any relevance either but it's interesting that AC who lived in W Babylon - originally hailed from North Carolina - and I remember reading in Kolker's book that her sister at one point before AC's death had moved down south again, married and "found God again" (Baptist?) in an effort to get clean. Prob no *real* relevance but it is a thing to think about, into. Or not. I

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you believe the story that Brewer and SG went to a CVS to get some condoms, gels, and a deck of cards you would have to believe this professional prostitute traveled from somewhere near NYC, arriving at 2AM and not have her own condoms with her. You would then have to believe Brewer didn’t have his own supply of condoms. All this well-planned operation and all of them forgot to bring their ‘booties’ and gels with them?
Does any of this make any sense to you guys?

It's only because I ironically re-read 1st thread last night to get feel for how events unfolded again!

It is kinda funny how story changed w/driver arriving unexpectedly!!

Good luck with your lead...lokking forward to your ideas!

Yeah, it is! I'd never read that before today. It makes me think that he requested no driver. Why?

Requested no driver? Think about what you are saying. How did he expect her to get to the middle of NoWhere, LI.

Requested no driver? Think about what you are saying. How did he expect her to get to the middle of NoWhere, LI.

Newsflash Hawk...woman know how to drive themselves to calls or catch a cab which will drop them at a clients house.

It's not an unusual request at all. Alot of clients don't want some guy parked in their driveway for an hour.

It's cause for their neighbors to speculate or call the cops because of a suspicious car, with a guy sitting in it, in the neighbourhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288