TKS S1 E7: "Wasteland"

Yes, coldpizza. Huge props!! This show must go on! The truth hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.6 miles--too close to the main base point of a sk to dispose of the bodies ----tends to be 5 or more miles away---(same thought about oak beach to the GB4 location---too close)----although Montoya is an easy case to make for it---maybe too easy

ty for backing me up, Peter

the pack theory rolls with rumors from other girls out there that is was a few night shift police---also goes with Montoya's potential "partner" Fred Reynolds

What a disgusting message to leave on an answering machine... :maddening:

Could the phone records not have been reviewed to see who left the message?

If it was someone with APD involved in this, that tag from the tree or whatever would have been a very easy plant at the dumpsite to try to divert attention to somebody else.

officer lopez once said she thought alll the bodies looked like they were dropped at once, as though moved from somewhere else

APO said they told the girls they killed those found to scare them and keep them off the streets..as a strategy..

-Nin

When "The Seeker" said "Some of the scariest people I know are LE and ex LE", I was suddenly reminded of two things: A psychiatrist who once laughed at me when I said I thought cops were probably trustworthy; and a nun I used to work with who once said that those who carry a gun for a living are often making up for insecurities about the size of their penis (yes, she said that). Overall, these two things make me think it makes sense that a LE person could be involved.

Wow- I realize this series is not anti-LE but looking out at the big picture, I do think there needs to be more accountability. We make teachers accountable through scores on high stake tests, we hold hospitals accountable through patient gathered feedback on services. Where is the accountability for LE? I know most members of law enforcement are hard working men and women. But reporting closed and cold cases needs to happen with stats available to everyone.

Families of the victims received calls about their loved-ones being dead prior to when their bodies had been found.

-Nin

"It's so easy to hide a body" in that vast area of land..

-Nin

Episode 8 starting now & looks to be promising & exciting conclusion to Season 1!

Wow- I realize this series is not anti-LE but looking out at the big picture, I do think there needs to be more accountability. We make teachers accountable through scores on high stake tests, we hold hospitals accountable through patient gathered feedback on services. Where is the accountability for LE? I know most members of law enforcement are hard working men and women. But reporting closed and cold cases needs to happen with stats available to everyone.

I agree. There is no doubt most are noble and honest people but like in any group of people there are some who are the black sheep. With the LE profession the problem is it is easy to get a big head on ones shoulders and to think they have all the power in the world.
Judge, jury, and executioner.

For example take a look at the case of this officer who thought it was ok to kill his daughters boyfriend because he didnt approve of him.

http://kfor.com/2016/11/14/former-oklahoma-officer-accused-of-murder-sentenced-on-weapons-charges/

Just a simple example.

What bothered me about the episode was the girl in the car saying that officer beat her and dumped them. If that is true then that particular officer did more than he was owning up to and more than just threatening the girls.

Most LE are required to take psychological tests prior to employment. That's not to say though that a lot of smaller LE Offices do not do psychological testing. I spent 10+ years in LE starting out at a dispatcher my senior year of high school & worked my way up to Administrative Assistant to the Sheriff & Undersheriff of a rural Kansas LEO which at the time did NOT do psych. tests.

Wow- if they uncover another burial site I am going to pass out. Here we go...

Most LE are required to take psychological tests prior to employment. That's not to say though that a lot of smaller LE Offices do not do psychological testing. I spent 10+ years in LE starting out at a dispatcher my senior year of high school & worked my way up to Administrative Assistant to the Sheriff & Undersheriff of a rural Kansas LEO which at the time did NOT do psych. tests.

My local PD has improved greatly by requiring a bachelor degree before they can join the PD. I think that has really helped because it shows committment and responsbility. Before that with only HS or GED they were getting all kinds of people but with the new rules it has developed a more professional police force. I wish all LE departments could have that requirement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back