FAQ's: Websleuths and The Killing Season/Post Your Questions About Websleuths HERE

Is there any way to block specific members?

Yes there is. You can put anyone you want on ignore.
Click in your settings. Settings is in the upper right hand corner. Then look to your left and scroll until you see "Edit Ignore List". Click on that and add the name, hit save and you are good to go.

Hi! I'm new to Websleuths and am trying to be able to post questions on things. Plus it says I don't have permission to post on the blog page. Any help will be appreciated.

Me too discussions old get bumped when I try to reply

every discussion I get into is 3-5 years old. I was bumped 6 times trying to reply.

Can you please let me know how to edit my profile. I've tried and can't seem to get to the right place. Thank you ;)

I wanted to thank you for allowing me to be apart of such an amazing online community! How did I not know about Websleuths before now! I am such a true crime fanatic, I do a lot of investigating on cases through information on the internet I can find, and how great that I have an entire community of people like myself to share with! Thanks again for the opportunity to be apart of Websleuths. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!! XOXO Lala

Hi! I'm new to Websleuths and am trying to be able to post questions on things. Plus it says I don't have permission to post on the blog page. Any help will be appreciated.

I also just joined and I was having the same problem at first. Have you received an email from Websleuths to verify your account? That was my problem, as soon as I went to the email and verified my registration info I was able to post just fine! Hope this helps!

Hi! How can I figure out how to find information about an aunt I was told was murdered back in the 1970's? I have her name and where it occurred, just not sure of the exact year.
I'd appreciate any help with this!
Send the details to me in a private message: name, locale, and any details you know. I'll research archives for a news article or police notice. If the murder is still unsolved, I can open a thread in "Cold Cases".

I also just joined and I was having the same problem at first. Have you received an email from Websleuths to verify your account? That was my problem, as soon as I went to the email and verified my registration info I was able to post just fine! Hope this helps!
A minimum number of posts is required before all the site features work, like search and blog posting. I believe the magic number is 25 now.

I am a new member to this community. I wanted to familiarize myself more with the topic of serial killers in general. Are there any basic books about serial killers in general that I can begin to read?
Thank you so much for getting me started.
GRCE.

I am a new member to this community. I wanted to familiarize myself more with the topic of serial killers in general. Are there any basic books about serial killers in general that I can begin to read?
GRCE.
There are so many I don't know where to begin. I like the early John Douglas, Robert Ressler, Ann Burgess, Mark Olshaker books (i.e., Mind Hunter, Crime Classification Manual); Ann Rule's The Stranger Beside Me is a good one about Ted Bundy. There are a zillion others that I can't recall right now.

Here's a list from Goodreads to get you started.

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/14429.Non_fiction_books_about_Serial_Killers

GRCE.

• The Crime Classification Manual, by John Douglas, et al, which attempts to model itself after the DSM. The up side of this book, is that it winnows out the differences between, say serial killers, spree killers, mass killers, as well as various motivations for killing, such as mission killing, etcetera.

Is there anywhere on the site that has all of the Ocean Parkway composit sketches of the unidentified victims? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Hello - I was wondering if there is a way of seeing Australian crimes? Or is the best way just to search for the name ?

Love your forum
Many thanks, Cads

Hello - I was wondering if there is a way of seeing Australian crimes? Or is the best way just to search for the name ?

Love your forum
Many thanks, Cads

This thread is nowhere near a comprehensive list of the Australian cases here on Websleuths, but it is a start. I know the U.K. equivalent of this thread is constantly being updated. Maybe the Aussies (& the rest of us from around he world) could try and keep this updated as best we can so that those who wish to follow Australian cases would have an easier go of it :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Links-to-cases-on-Websleuths-*No-Discussion*

Is there a way to get a notification if you've been quoted or if a post has been liked? I find myself missing some things. Thank you!

I live in Cape Town, South Africa, and watched The Killing Season on television at the end of last year. I have a question about how the American legal/judicial system works and am hoping someone in this forum can help. My question is particularly relevant to LISK, but probably relates to many other cases as well.

My question relates to the role of the Feds in the American legal/judicial system. In the final episode of the Killing Season, people were saying that the Feds would be working with the police departments on the LISK case, and pulling together the work being done across states on similar cases. I always thought that was the Feds' primary job. Obviously I was wrong, but then, what are the Feds actually for and what do they do? I can't understand why they didn't do this years ago.

Thanks very much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back