Toddler's Mother/Peaches/Jane Doe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've merged Peaches' thread with the Toddler's Mom/Jane Doe #3's thread. Hopefully, that will make this exciting new development easier to follow. It's a brain twister, for sure. But the implications could be far reaching. :crossfingers:

Here's the news report. I hadn't seen it before the radio show, and nearly fell out of my chair when Rachel and Josh announced it on air.

Unidentified Murder Victim Dubbed ‘Peaches’ Linked to Gilgo Beach Killings
By Timothy Bolger - Long Island Press
December 13, 2016

[....]

Investigators revealed the link between Peaches and Baby Doe in a recently updated case file listed in NamUs, a federal database used to help identify Jane and John Does nationwide. The case file was updated following inquiries from Josh Zeman and Rachel Mills, filmmakers who produced The Killing Season, a docu-series about LISK and similar cases that recently aired on A&E. The duo, who produced a bonus video about Peaches in which they interviewed her tattoo artist, said they hope the new info will help both investigators and the Websleuths community crack the case.

“I think in so many ways this changes the case quite considerably,” said Zeman, who provided emails showing that he asked the Nassau medical examiners office to update NamUs with more information on Jane Doe No. 3 days before the case file was clarified. “While it provides some clarity, it also deepens the mystery of the Long Island Serial Killer case.”

It would be worth it to circulate this info in strip clubs & bars near clubs in CT. During the era this pair of UIDs were discovered, strip clubs were booming $$$ wise in that region (especially CT) & the mother might have had associations with those businesses. Someone might remember her tat. BTW some of the strip clubs in New England have a relaxed view of women picking up johns in or around them....so she might have worked the areas.

Someone on fb pointed out it seems the person responsible for the murder of these two UIDs could have been a long haul trucker with access to a refrigerated trailer. (Hence the tote, a good way to store something that might leak...& a tote can be dumped out of a rig's window.)

Have anyone else notice the three letters in the leaf on the left of the peach? I wonder if the tattoo artist would remember what they meant. When you place something like initials on your body. You tend to talk about the reason behind them to the tattoo artisit while you are being tattooed.

Forgive me~~I'm still unsure if Peaches if Caucasian or of another race.

Assuming she is a Caucasian, I found a woman who went missing and has a sister with the nickname "Peach".

From the article....
"If I ever see her again, I will tell her I won't judge her. I will just tell her Peach (Horne's family nickname) loves her."

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/SHAME-OF-THE-CITY-The-Missing-Homeless-2805454.php

Her name is Bridget Lee Pendell. She sometimes goes by her former married name Williamson.

Her mother lives in NY with her daughter.

attachment.php

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1435/0/

Attachments

• Capture-Peaches-..PNG
    Capture-Peaches-..PNG
    322.8 KB · Views: 444
Have anyone else notice the three letters in the leaf on the left of the peach? I wonder if the tattoo artist would remember what they meant. When you place something like initials on your body. You tend to talk about the reason behind them to the tattoo artisit while you are being tattooed.

I can't quite make out the letters.....what do you think they are?

I can make out the first two. The last one I am not completely sure about. TB. Last one maybe A.

I also thought 'B' in the middle... maybe a 'P' on the end? Not sure though, it's so hard to tell.

I know it's been reported in the media that way~~but the 2 rule outs on NAMUS are both Caucasian women.

Question, per NAMUS profile, Peaches was only deceased a few days. Yet, the remains found were putrefied. That fast? TIA

Were they? I don't know a lot about decomposition, but she must have been... "Fresh" enough to get a good photo of the tattoo, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Were they? I don't know a lot about decomposition, but she must have been... "Fresh" enough to get a good photo of the tattoo, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The lead article on this thread noted that the torso was dead probably 3 days when the body was found, so a good photo of the tattoo would be reasonable. I also think the letters on the tat look like T and B and ??. Would love to have the tattoo artist's opinion on the letters. Also, I’d guess the letters could be initials for her boyfriend, her toddler, or other family member (less likely to be hers)?

I was very surprised at the article linking Peaches to Baby Doe and to Jane Doe 3. If she's Peaches, then this means they both went missing in June 1997, so missing persons cases from later years are now discounted as possible matches, right? So a more narrow set of missing persons, but the extra years that have ticked past will make ID that much tougher. It certainly made me wonder when the authorities made the DNA link - I certainly can't believe this is new news to them. The lack of transparency makes it even tougher for the public to assist with any tips to ID this woman and child.

MOO

Is it possible with the new info about peaches there is a bigger area that could lead to more victims? If so the theory of where LISK might live (if he doesn't live close to dumping grounds) could change.

I'm working (slowly) on a list of possible victims in areas further out now. Any tips on how to search for cases with the same MO? Since I am new I don't have the many tricks some of you have. Mad skillz I am seeing all the time by members!

I can make out the first two. The last one I am not completely sure about. TB. Last one maybe A.

I believe the initials are TBA. We don't think this is initials of a name but a "crew" there'a a crew out of Atlanta called TBA. Please websleuths go down that rabbithole. Perhaps she's from Atlanta (peach) and has ties to TBA crew?

Rachel & Josh

This update is downright fascinating to me! I never would have thought to make the connection. Jane Doe I believe #6 had remains from as far back as '96 linked to her. Amazing how far this guy (guys?) will go to keep these women unknown. We may not be much closer to catching the guy, but I do hope we're closer to identifying this woman and her baby. Any new piece of information in this case is worth looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong