Possible Victim: Fire Island Jane Doe, UP9098, found Davis Park Apr 1996 & Ocean Parkway Apr 2011 - Karen Vergata

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for the suggested match. I don't show any comparison of these having been done so I will have our panel look at it. If is proven to be a positive match, I will contact you further.

Best Regards,
Mary Bell
Tips & Potential Match Coordinator
Doe Network "International Center For Unidentified And Missing Persons”
How did you go about placing your lead? I don't see anywhere on NamUs to do that.

There is a contact email for each case on NamUs I used that and I used the potential match form on DoeNetwork for that site.

Or what about Mary Kopacz?
attachment.php
IMO this one is an exact match! The eyes and nose are right on...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

IMO this one is an exact match! The eyes and nose are right on...

My concern with Mary Kopacz was her date last seen, June 18, 1991, I feel like this is a large gap between disappearance and murder. But that's just my opinion.

I hope they get back to you with further answers. I submitted a match over a year ago, got a similar response and heard nothing further.

I recall "teeth" were founs as well from Fire Island Jane Doe. In another cold case involving a Jane Doe science has been used with the teeth and hair and it can now be determined where that Jane Doe was from and even where she traveled to before dying. Why can't we use that type of science in this case and maybe find some more clues out?

I don't see as much of a resemblance with Dawn Holt as I do with Robin Ann Vaudreuil.

Maybe, but the reason I asked was because I didn't want to submit Dawn as a possible match if others had already done so.

Sandra Cifuentes??

The dates are a little off, I wonder if the family reported her missing much later than she actually went missing? I think the scars might fit as well. Assuming her hair was longer than the picture, we don't know how old the picture is. Missing from NJ.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8820/35
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-NJ.jpg
    Capture-NJ.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 237
Unlikely in my opinion, she went missing from a Psych Hospital, the date of entry should have been quite close to when she went missing IMO.

I submitted a possible for Peaches a few days ago. The doe Network told me they didn't beleive anyone submitted the possible match before, They will put it in front the the panel. The panel reviews it if the dates are correct and details they forward to law enforcement. Namus will post on the case page who has been RULED out as possible matches.

Here is an example. The bottom of case page lists the rule outs.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11652

More pictures of Mary Ann Kopacs can be found here. Have to say, she does resemble Fire Island Jane's sketch.

http://missingpersonsdata.com/usa/Connecticut/missing-recent/case-details/3335
I just looked at her Namur and they haven't entered any
TOPLdW8.jpg

Fire Island Jane Doe
Namus UP #9098

20 April 1996

"The decedents left and right legs were recovered on April 20, 1996 at Blue Point Beach in the vicinity of Davis Park, Suffolk County NY." (CBS New York)

People walking along Blue Point Beach on Fire Island in the vicinity of Davis Park discovered the victim's legs on April 20, 1996.
The legs had been wrapped in plastic.

She is known as Fire Island Jane Doe and is one of eleven victims found along the remote Long Island highway. (Doe Network)

11/12 April 2011

"The decedents skull was recovered on April 12, 2011 off of Ocean Pkwy in Nassau County, NY, near a bird sanctuary." (CBS New York)

April 12, 2011, the victim's skull was found off of Ocean Parkway west of Tobay Beach in Nassau County. (Doe Network)

Adult White Female, pre-50
Post mortem interval - 15 years
Probable year of death - 1996

• Right lower leg has a 3-1/2" scar on the lateral mid leg area, a 1" linear scar on the lateral mid to lower leg and a 1/2" scar on the medial ankle.
  • The left leg has a 2" surgical scar with adjacent suture scars on the medial left ankle.
  • The decedent had red toenail polish on all toes.
  • The decedent may have had surgery on her left ankle.

Namus UP #9098

Doe Network 1019UFNY

Newsday Map

Shadowraith's Map

I just looked at her Namur and they haven't entered any

I've seen pics of Mary Ann Kopac before. I think it's close but not quite. Is there a general consensus on when FIJD actually went missing?

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Fire Island Jane Doe has a tattoo~~I thought I read somewhere that she did, but of course I can't find it now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back