Turkey - Terror attack Istanbul nightclub 31 December 2016

It bothers me this will get little media attention in countries like Australia, UK, USA. This is as much an attack on Western values as a terror attack in Europe or other Western countries would be.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

It won't --SKy did nothing -

Love Kathy G!

Don Lemmon just got his ear pierced live in CNN - hes buzzed Brooke looks like she is feeling good CNN your source for news

Msnbc is the only 1 I knew who did it like it was here

It bothers me this will get little media attention in countries like Australia, UK, USA. This is as much an attack on Western values as a terror attack in Europe or other Western countries would be.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

It seems to be getting attention here in the US. How much and how long, I don't know.

Idk about MSM, I'm forced to watch NYE stuff with kids, but it's all over Drudge Report.

Turkish interior minister: 16 foreigners among 39 killed in Istanbul nightclub attack - AFP

[h=2] 8 of the wounded in the Istanbul nightclub attack are in critical condition - Al Jazeera

[/h][h=2]Turkish Interior Minister Soylu: Search continues for nightclub attacker - Reuters
[/h]

strange a lot of the videos on YT have been yanked??

Still dont know did they get him?

Is he dead , on the loose

It is kinda confusing

There are no reports of like a hostage deal inside.

So does that mean he got out in the commotion,

Turkish interior minister: 16 foreigners among 39 killed in Istanbul nightclub attack - AFP

[h=2] 8 of the wounded in the Istanbul nightclub attack are in critical condition - Al Jazeera

[/h][h=2]Turkish Interior Minister Soylu: Search continues for nightclub attacker - Reuters
[/h]

I'm so sorry the death toll has risen since I woke up. Thanks for all your news updates I wonder if the YouTube videos are being pulled by the Turkish government.

Yes CARIIS it looks like he got out.

My heart broke when I heard this news last night. Ortakoy is my favorite place in all of Istanbul. (I use to live in Istanbul).

An attack on Reina is a very very specific attack....it was an attack against wealthy secular Islam. It was an attack against those with money and power by who are against Erdogans concservatve values and want to maintain the secular republic ataturk started 100 years prior.

One thing I don't get is why they keep saying he was dressed as Santa clause when we see him in black outside the nightclub.

But for what it's worth...Turks use a lot of xmas decor and Santa clause costumes and tie all that stuff into their New Years celebration. I don't know why, I use to joke they were seriously mixing up the holidays. But the point is people do dress up like Santa on New Years, so if he did change into an outfit he was probably just using it to blend in so to speak. Also no Santa costumes are not white, they are classic red....don't know if what we see on the video if the color is manipulated because it was dark in there?not sure. Didn't look like a Santa suit to me.

I saw video last night inside the club and it was awful, it was a women on the ground bleeding, and there was a man yelling to her to get up. He keeps saying "sister, sister,can you understand me,can you hear me, sister sister get up". (Note calling someone abla (sister) in turkey doesn't actually mean it's his sister)

One last thought, some of the early videos you can also hear people saying their was 2 gunman.

Doesn't anyone know of the media blackout is still in effect?

http://www.cp24.com/world/search-underway-for-nightclub-shooter-in-turkey-at-least-39-dead-1.3223660
Private NTV news channel said the assailant entered the upscale nightclub, on the shores of the Bosporus, on the European side of the city, dressed in a Santa Claus outfit. The minister said the lone attacker was believed to have left the club wearing different clothing.

The prime minister's office issued a media blackout on the events and asked media to refrain from broadcasting and publishing anything that may cause "fear in the public, panic and disorder and which may serve the aims of terrorist organizations."

Security measures had been heightened in major Turkish cities, with police barring traffic leading up to key squares in Istanbul and the capital Ankara. In Istanbul, 17,000 police officers were put on duty, some disguised as Santa Claus and others as street vendors, Turkey's Anadolu news agency reported.
rbbm.

I have a photo I grabbed of him off the internet last night of him changing inside the night club.

He has what looks like light pants maybe Santa pants and a Santa hat, and a dark shirt...but he's in the process of taking off the Santa top.

So here is what I am confused about....we see one gunman enter wearing all black from the security camera across from Reina...he shoots a man on the street and security at the door and we assume then enters.

So why is he in the club later changing out of a Santa suit? Did he go in guns blazing, stop firing to put on his Santa suit, then started firing again and then when he was "done" changes back out of the Santa suit?

I'm sorry but that makes no sense!

i feel like there had to be more then one shooter....as in perhaps he already had another buddy inside and his job was to bring in the guns.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Photo here of him changing clothes.

UPDATE: Photo of the lone Terrorist changing his clothes before fleeing the bar in Istanbul after he killed at least 35 people, injurying 40

https://twitter.com/news_executive

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...lled-new-years-eve-mass-shooting-live-updates
26m ago 13:59

The Turkish prime minister has also said the reports that the attacker was dressed as Santa Claus are untrue.
  • Israeli, Lebanese, Libyan, Moroccan, and Saudi Arabian citizens were among 39 people killed when a gunman opened fire in an Istanbul nightclub during a New Year’s Eve celebration, Turkish authorities said. Another 69 people were injured. At least 15 of the dead are believed to be foreign nationals.
  • Interior minister Süleyman Soylu said that the gunman was still on the run, contrary to earlier statements by authorities that the assailant had been killed.
  • No one has claimed responsibility for the attack on the Reina club, which is thought to have had up to 600 people inside at the time. The club is an exclusive hotspot popular with tourists and local residents that sits on the bank of the eastern side of the Bosphorus.

And yet..
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...re-shows-shooter-in-santa-claus-a3430486.html
[h=1]Istanbul Reina nightclub shooting: Chilling CCTV 'shows shooter in Santa Claus hat prowling nightclub'[/h]
attachment.php

CCTV: Footage apparently showed an attacker carrying a gun in the nightclub (AP)

Attachments

• istanbul01012b.jpg
    istanbul01012b.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 72

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members