Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post! I'd been thinking the same thing. (I only just noticed the recency of his current FB page yesterday....missed it before).

It made me think he knew that something was about to go down...or was worried it might.

It could have been possible that WAPOL went in and had the FB account deleted surreptitiously. next time BRE attempted to logon and he would have had to set up a new account therefore WAPOL would have his logon and could track him electronically through the logons.

Looking at the old cases it seems pretty clear to me if the women are not the girl next door types the police put their own bias into the cases and didn't try very hard. Which is why the csk victim's families have gone out of their way to create a persona of their daughters as being perfect. Any hint of anything else then the cops don't care, the media doesn't follow the cases up and the general public don't know that their killers haven't been found or the women are still classified as missing. If the woman was a street worker then in someones mind they somehow deserved it, or if hint of drugs involved and perhaps made a mistake of getting into someones car, somehow they were at fault.

It's like some of these women didn't even exist. If they didn't have families who have the capacity to engage the media to remind the public then bad luck really. There's nobody championing these women's cases. If it wasn't for WS then their names wouldn't be mentioned again.

Can someone tell me why on crime stoppers, open murder cases include only two women?

It's bloody disgusting if you ask me, that these people get forgotten by the police and media.

And good on WS posters for at least acknowledging they existed and their cases are deserving enough to be solved.

Looking at the old cases it seems pretty clear to me if the women are not the girl next door types the police put their own bias into the cases and didn't try very hard. Which is why the csk victim's families have gone out of their way to create a persona of their daughters as being perfect. Any hint of anything else then the cops don't care, the media doesn't follow the cases up and the general public don't know that their killers haven't been found or the women are still classified as missing. If the woman was a street worker then in someones mind they somehow deserved it, or if hint of drugs involved and perhaps made a mistake of getting into someones car, somehow they were at fault.

It's like some of these women didn't even exist. If their didn't have families who have the capacity to engage the media to remind the public then bad luck really. There's nobody championing these women's cases. If it wasn't for WS then their names wouldn't be mentioned again.

Can someone tell me why on crime stoppers, open murder cases include only two women?

It's bloody disgusting if you ask me, that these people get forgotten by the police and media.

And good on WS posters for at least acknowledging they existed and their cases are deserving enough to be solved.

Thank you for saying that. It really upsets me too.

In the Grim Sleeper case in the US they classified the missing women (who were sex workers) as NHI on the missing persons reports. NHI stood for 'no human involved'. That sums it up :facepalm:

http://www.huckmagazine.com/art-and...-lonnie-franklin-allowed-go-killing-25-years/

Spoke to a police source yesterday; they indicated to me that they fully believe the legal team for BRE will be using comments from this forum to assist in his defence and potentially attempt to get him a judge only trial.

Something to keep in mind sleuths as I believe there are individuals on here baiting users to make statements that can be used to suggest BRE will not get a fair trial by a jury of his peers.

It would be a travesty for this individual not to be judged by a jury of fellow Western Australians.

<modsnip>

defence could go in with the game of : look at public opinion have have already suggested that my client is guilty before trial and they are likely to conduct polling in the street and use forum comments and anything they can get their hands on. I believe given the publicity this case has had for the last 20 years and given the CIA documentary release and public opinions in newspaper comments / blogs would have more weight to the defence case for judge only trial. And that judge would be selected very carefully as in the Rayney case and not be a WA based judge. just my opinion.

Questions regarding a jury trial vs judge only trial.
Are media allowed in the courtroom in either instance?
Does the court transcripts become available to the public?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Media - yes, because it's a public trial.

Court transcript - not that I'm aware of. The sentencing remarks of the judge get published I think.

The judge can order that the trial be televised. This is relatively new in WA and has happened only a few times before in WA. Because of the significant public interest in this trial in WA, I wouldn't be surprised if some or all of the trial ends up being televised.

has there been a timeline of the mystery man video done - i dont recall seeing one, i am a little confused if the timings in seconds on the video match "real time"

as an example we see mm in 19 seconds then the next pan - she is seen waiting....

is there a real timeline to map onto the video

apologies if i am missing something
Hope this helps.

CCTV Footage of MM by Sutton
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/entry.php?1653-CCTV-Footage-of-MM

Thanks for putting this together Sutton :seeya:

I have just rediscovered the Postnewspapers article 1st published on 22nd December 2015 and BRE arrest occurred on the anniversary of that date in 2016 : pretty interesting timing imo. The article detailed a young womens' alleged brush with danger in a Claremont carpark prevously unreported to WAPOL. She was out with her husband and brother and they went off for a nature stop and she was approached by a man in a white commodore asserting he had misplaced his keys behind the seat in his vehicle luring her into the back seat of the vehicle to help him search. Thankfully her husband and brother returned in the nick of time. To me it seems that this woman had made contact with the Post to detail her story to Bret. Just like the 1989 Cottesloe Hotel victim had. If this is correct and the girl / husband / brother were subsequently interviewed by WAPOL there was one more concerning Claremont event with 3 fresh witnesses to offer a physical identity and to describe the vehicle and the man allegedly involved. She believed the event happened in1994 when she was 18 therefore vehicle was not the VS series 1 but there might have been something on or in that vehicle that was observed and ended up being critical in the scheme of things.

https://www.scribd.com/document/293813982/POST-Newspaper-for-22nd-of-December-2015

It could have been possible that WAPOL went in and had the FB account deleted surreptitiously. next time BRE attempted to logon and he would have had to set up a new account therefore WAPOL would have his logon and could track him electronically through the logons.

I doubt this as I can't see the investigators wanting to alert him of being under surveillance.

The police can get warrants to access people's social media and internet use.

"Many websites have policies in place to deal with search warrants. For example, Facebook allows police with search warrants to request information about users, even if they set their profiles to private.

If a serious crime has been committed, police may be able to apply for warrants to search all of the communications sent to and from a computer."

Quoted from this link :

http://www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/publ...s/online-social-networking-self-incrimination

http://www.lawstuff.org.au/wa_law/topics/article21

Quotes:

" The police can also apply for a warrant to search your online accounts:

If the police suspect that you or your friends have committed a crime, they can apply for a warrant to search your social networking accounts for evidence.
Many websites have policies in place to deal with search warrants. For example, Facebook allows police with search warrants to request information about users, even if they set their profiles to private.
Under Western Australian law, police can apply for a warrant to search your phone for evidence of a crime."

defence could go in with the game of : look at public opinion have have already suggested that my client is guilty before trial and they are likely to conduct polling in the street and use forum comments and anything they can get their hands on. I believe given the publicity this case has had for the last 20 years and given the CIA documentary release and public opinions in newspaper comments / blogs would have more weight to the defence case for judge only trial. And that judge would be selected very carefully as in the Rayney case and not be a WA based judge. just my opinion.

Rayney was different because the cops had publicly announced before he was arrested that he was the 'prime and only suspect', so Rayney was able to argue that the public had already made up its mind. He had also worked for the WA's DPP, so he was able to argue that all WA judges and the DPP would have had a perceived conflict of interest. That's why a judge and prosecution team from outside WA was brought in. None of that is in play with BE's case as yet, in my view.

Apologies in advance. This post is not related to the Claremont serial killer. But today a guy exposed himself and masturbated infront of me at Lake Monger. He then followed me until he realised I was on the phone to the police at which point he went in the opposite direction. The police missed him by about 1 minute. He got into a white hyundai excel (1994-2000) model with a new style plate possibly beginning with 1A. Does anyone know what year the new plates were introduced? I have been trying to find out. Wondering whether it is worth pursuing with the police further or not. If the number plate combo was common for this type of car then might prove to be a dead end. But if it is a car that has been re-registered might be easier for them to track.

Thanks for that info. I live really close and had just decided last night to start walking the lake again after a long hiatus.

<modsnip>

Hope you're ok!

It's worth remembering that the alleged crimes were committed 20 years ago, so there's a large pool of potential jurors available today who would have been too young at the time to remember the details of the alleged crimes.

7 Dec

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

a previous poster on this thread said it was 6 or 7 December and it was their recollection of seeing it somewhere on BRE's FB page (from memory). Don't think that is possible or likely. Someone did post a screenshot of his exwife's FB page in which it had a message on the 16th December a couple of years ago, a happy anniversary message.

a previous poster on this thread said it was 6 or 7 December and it was their recollection of seeing it somewhere on BRE's FB page (from memory). Don't think that is possible or likely. Someone did post a screenshot of his exwife's FB page in which it had a message on the 16th December a couple of years ago, a happy anniversary message.

Hi Papertrail

It was me that said it was the 6/7 Dec.

This came from a FB screenshot from the SD's FB Page (Not BRE's page) that was visible on WS for a short period of time before being removed.

I unfortunately did not screenshot it but the poster of it should still have a copy they can send you.

Everyone puts weight on as they age. I'd like to see a pic of BRE around that time and I'll bet he was slim like MM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MM wasn't necessarily slim on captured cctv. WAPOL put out a message to the viewing public i newspapers indicating that during the NASA enhancement process that size and colour may have been altered. a good example is Jane's top looks light coloured but it was in fact navy blue.

The date that he joined has only just shown up on his Facebook page in the past few days. I had an earlier screenshot of the cover of his FB page and the date he joined wasn't visible then. Odd.

Great post! I'd been thinking the same thing. (I only just noticed the recency of his current FB page yesterday....missed it before).

It made me think he knew that something was about to go down...or was worried it might.

The date that he joined has only just shown up on his Facebook page in the past few days. I had an earlier screenshot of the cover of his FB page and the date he joined wasn't visible then. Odd.
Nobodies was. Its a new thing facebook has added

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members