GUILTY PA - Harry Vaughn, 60, killed in home invasion, North Braddock, 28 Sept 2015

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
Murdered: Harry Vaughn -- Black / Male / 60 Years Old

The City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, is in South-Western, PA.

Day 2

Tue., Sep. 29th: WTAE-TV :

http://www.wtae.com/news/teenagers-arrested-in-60yearold-mans-death-in-north-braddock/35551094

Lower Court Criminal Docket Sheets:

Jordan Johnson - B/M/17:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-05003-CR-0008621-2015

Destiny Walker - B/F/16:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-05003-CR-0008619-2015

Pre-Trial Confinement Without Bail.

Harry was a friend of mine. Such a sweet man who'd do anything for anyone. I just spoke with him Sunday afternoon. I'm shocked over this and saddened this happened. I was,supposed to see him today. :(

Harry was a friend of mine. Such a sweet man who'd do anything for anyone. I just spoke with him Sunday afternoon. I'm shocked over this and saddened this happened. I was,supposed to see him today. :(

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Guilty plea in shooting nets man up to 40 years in prison - January 3, 2017

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/east/2017/01/03/Jordan-Johnson-pleads-guilty-to-2015-shooting-death-in-North-Braddock-apartment-Pittsburgh/stories/201701030144

A North Braddock man will serve 17½ to 40 years in prison after pleading guilty Tuesday to second-degree murder.

Jordan Johnson, 18, was accused of killing Harry Vaughn, 65, at the victim’s apartment on Ridge Avenue in North Braddock.

Johnson, who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, conspiracy, possession of a firearm by a minor, robbery and tampering with evidence, apologized to Mr. Vaughn's family.

Allanda Stevens, Mr. Vaughn’s daughter, told the court it has been difficult to cope with losing her father to violence.

“I’m happy for justice today,” she said.

Destiny Walker's trial is currently scheduled for January 30th.

Knoxville woman convicted of North Braddock murder

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/11868134-74/according-walker-braddock

A Knoxville teen woman convicted Monday of second degree murder in the shooting death of a North Braddock man in September.

Destiny Walker, 18 according to court records, was convicted of the murder charge as well as robbery and conspiracy following a non jury trial in front of Judge Cashman.

Walker's sentencing is set for April 27.

This is so sad. I've been to his place so many times and I keep picturing how this happened. I'm mad it's only second degree.
He was so loved by so many in the area of all different ages.
If they were in that much trouble they needed to rob that sweet man, all they had to do was ask him for help. I knew his kids, saw his youngest grandkids often. He was great with them. This still breaks my heart.

From last month:

Knoxville woman gets shorter sentence for deadly botched robbery

A woman previously facing a maximum sentence of life in prison for second-degree murder pleaded guilty Wednesday morning to third-degree murder for her part in the deadly botched robbery of a North Braddock man in 2015.

Destiny Walker, 19, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 80 to 160 months in prison Wednesday by Common Pleas Judge Randal Todd, according to the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office. That's a sentence of roughly 6 1⁄2 to 13 years.

This is so sad. I've been to his place so many times and I keep picturing how this happened. I'm mad it's only second degree.
He was so loved by so many in the area of all different ages.
If they were in that much trouble they needed to rob that sweet man, all they had to do was ask him for help. I knew his kids, saw his youngest grandkids often. He was great with them. This still breaks my heart.

I didn't know Mr. Vaughn but he sounds like such a lovely sweet person. In so many cases of home invasions the victim/s were good and kind people when evil entered their space and took their lives away so senselessly.

In our state we had a brutal home invasion last year where a 83 year old woman was horrifically beaten and then set on fire while alive. She died soon after from all of the severe burns and injuries she sustained. There were four or five of them, against one helpless little elderly woman. She was known in the area as being kind to everyone. She was a widow and hired workers to work her blueberry farm. Many of those who had worked for her came out afterwards saying how good she was to all of them. One of the suspects had worked for her in the past and this is how he repaid her kindness by bringing multiple people with him to brutalize her. There were females involved in that case too along with the male suspects. This happened in Georgia. They are charged with capital/felony murder and imo, those who have the death penalty attached to their case will get it once the trial goes forth and if they are convicted which I have no doubt and they will be. They have a voluminous amount of evidence in her case.

I am so sorry for your great loss pghbrandi and for all of those who loved and admired such a kind decent man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back