Dan Rassier Lawsuit Against SCSO

I have to say this case has changed the way I think about the media. From the very beginning, I saw this story on A Current Affair and they painted the 'neighbor' whose parents were away as a shady figure. In fact, I have been obsessed with finding Jacob and who took him since that first story. As time wore on,I was increasingly convinced of the 'neighbor's' guilt. The media did not make any statements that would have pointed my opinion in any other direction. WE find out many, many years later that they basically had Heinrich in the very beginning...footprints, car and no evidence on the 'neighbor.' I am never going to be manipulated again, nor will I push hard against someone who appears guilty. We did not have all the evidence. I am so sorry for what Dan Rassier and his family had to endure all these years. He did not deserve any of our accusations. Since Jacob has been found and the real murderer is caught I have backed off on the other cases where I am SURE I know who did it. An innocent man should not have lost so many years of a peaceful life due to misinformation. Peace to Mr Rassier and his family and friends. I hope you win your case and continue your life in peace :)
Great post!
I too have learned to WAIT until a person is proven guilty before convicting them in my own head.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have to say this case has changed the way I think about the media. From the very beginning, I saw this story on A Current Affair and they painted the 'neighbor' whose parents were away as a shady figure. In fact, I have been obsessed with finding Jacob and who took him since that first story. As time wore on,I was increasingly convinced of the 'neighbor's' guilt. The media did not make any statements that would have pointed my opinion in any other direction. WE find out many, many years later that they basically had Heinrich in the very beginning...footprints, car and no evidence on the 'neighbor.' I am never going to be manipulated again, nor will I push hard against someone who appears guilty. We did not have all the evidence. I am so sorry for what Dan Rassier and his family had to endure all these years. He did not deserve any of our accusations. Since Jacob has been found and the real murderer is caught I have backed off on the other cases where I am SURE I know who did it. An innocent man should not have lost so many years of a peaceful life due to misinformation. Peace to Mr Rassier and his family and friends. I hope you win your case and continue your life in peace :)

Excellent post! Also the Nancy Grace show on CNN really painted Dan Rassier as the right suspect for the abduction as well.

I think we'll find more evidence that LE did a hatchet job on this case from the very beginning, and that the shift in theory in 2004 was without merit and possibly willfully deceptive. Ken McDonald absolutely lied in his search warrant application and to the judge who was reluctant to sign the search warrants. I believe he also may have lied when seeking a warrant to listen to Duane Hart's phone calls.

The media played this case horribly as well, with the exception of Trish VanPilsum. Media should have been ALL OVER Sanner in 2004 when he proposed the abduction on foot theory.

Lots of disgrace to go around with this case.

Excellent post! Also the Nancy Grace show on CNN really painted Dan Rassier as the right suspect for the abduction as well.

I think we'll find more evidence that LE did a hatchet job on this case from the very beginning, and that the shift in theory in 2004 was without merit and possibly willfully deceptive. Ken McDonald absolutely lied in his search warrant application and to the judge who was reluctant to sign the search warrants. I believe he also may have lied when seeking a warrant to listen to Duane Hart's phone calls.

The media played this case horribly as well, with the exception of Trish VanPilsum. Media should have been ALL OVER Sanner in 2004 when he proposed the abduction on foot theory.

Lots of disgrace to go around with this case.

Why do you think McDonald lied? What was the impetus? Why didn't he go after much more paltable choices such as Heinrich or some of the other ones mentioned on here?

Why do you think McDonald lied? What was the impetus? Why didn't he go after much more paltable choices such as Heinrich or some of the other ones mentioned on here?

He lied to get a warrant, and it worked. I don't know - I've been saying for awhile know they were either conspiring to show progress in a case they figured would never be solved, or they were that stupid. (And it's hard to believe anyone in their position would be that stupid).

All that talk about 50,000 tips, etc - is just noise. They had the guy from day one, even before day one - no leadership, and fighting between FBI and SCSO. Silly human pride.

He lied to get a warrant, and it worked. I don't know - I've been saying for awhile know they were either conspiring to show progress in a case they figured would never be solved, or they were that stupid. (And it's hard to believe anyone in their position would be that stupid).

All that talk about 50,000 tips, etc - is just noise. They had the guy from day one, even before day one - no leadership, and fighting between FBI and SCSO. Silly human pride.

What sense does that make? If they really thought they had the guy , solving the case would bring the accolades because this case was huge!

Why would anyone not want to solve it and get the praise for solving it? Pretending it was someone else when they really knew who it was? Really, that makes sense? I don't think so

What sense does that make? If they really thought they had the guy , solving the case would bring the accolades because this case was huge!

Why would anyone not want to solve it and get the praise for solving it? Pretending it was someone else when they really knew who it was? Really, that makes sense? I don't think so

One must look beyond the headlines to figure out what the media isn't saying. There was no reason to look beyond Danny Heinrich, let alone forget about him and go after someone else.

One must look beyond the headlines to figure out what the media isn't saying. There was no reason to look beyond Danny Heinrich, let alone forget about him and go after someone else.

Please explain why so many many many investigators chose not to solve it.

IMO it wasn't a conscious choice, the ball was dropped, more than once.
I am also in agreement that this was a different time & we had ZERO technology..a fax machine was pretty much it if I recall correctly.

IMO it wasn't a conscious choice, the ball was dropped, more than once.
I am also in agreement that this was a different time & we had ZERO technology..a fax machine was pretty much it if I recall correctly.

Why do you think the ball was dropped if it was so obvious it was Heinrich as ELOC claims?

Why do you think the ball was dropped if it was so obvious it was Heinrich as ELOC claims?
I've stated before that the " team " who was trying to find jacob gave up too early, IMO. There WAS enough there early on to go on and they DID follow him yes. IMO they could have followed him longer/closer ESPECIALLY knowing the tire tracks & foot prints were a pretty good match ( at the time. ..they were a good match, now WE know they match almost perfectly ) the description, the voice, it all fit then IMO.
Unfortunately once they had DR in their sights there was no going back, no review of anything IMO.
I've followed many cases where once LE hit a wall, they would go back and RE interview, look at everything over and over.
In this case they tried to "create" a perp.

I know we have the benefit of hindsight.

Just..looking at the evidence they had..it's really tough to understand how they put that all aside and went & dug up some poor teachers Farm!

LE blatantly took everything they had, everything they knew about Heinrich and tossed it for Rassier.

IMO they went on emotions..he lives with his parents so he must like children.
He works with kids so he must want " easy access " to children.
He isn't upset enough so he must be hiding something.

I could go on & on.

Now, if they would have stayed with FACTS and followed the evidence they had...
IMO they would have got their man.

Who are all these investigators you keep talking about? The FBI worked the case for what, 3 months at the beginning....didn't touch it again until 2015. The only BCA agent on the case was the unethical, pathological liar Kenneth McDonald. Then leading up this posse of dimwits was the not so studious Captain Pam Jensen since 1999. Anyone in the SCSO working the case under Jensen likely only would've had info she fed them when chasing down leads. I've spoken to SCSO employees, it's also mentioned in "In the Dark" episode 8....upper ranks didn't care what their grunts had to say. They went with whatever fit their the theory their crazy heads thought of, right or wrong, evidence or no evidence, no matter how implausible it was. Then I think you asked how Ken McDonald lied.... One prime example would be saying INTERPOL was investigating Dan because of a conversation overheard on a train while he was in Europe riding trains for 4 years... Really, even I know INTERPOL investigates art thefts and they usually need to be asked for assistance. I also don't believe this big document dump will have much of anything in regards to Dan. They would've used any piece of information, any tip they had, before they would've played the INTERPOL card for the court. Stearns County LE/CA are still doing boneheaded things to this day. Kendall and crew provided me a good chuckle end of last week at the degree of their incompetence.... Distributing court private court proceedings to news outlets, but their not even smart enough to remove the County Attorney copy tag from the first page... LOL...SMH

There have been many many investigators over the years. Just for one example, they followed Hienrich for nine months.

Anyway, people may wish to read about Interpol. Art theft is something they do, but it is a tiny thing.

https://www.interpol.int/FAQs

There have been many many investigators over the years. Just for one example, they followed Hienrich for nine months.

Anyway, people may wish to read about Interpol. Art theft is something they do, but it is a tiny thing.

https://www.interpol.int/FAQs
You are correct, they do play many roles apparently. Unfortunately still for Ken McDonald, I didn't see Dan Rassier on that list.

You are correct, they do play many roles apparently. Unfortunately still for Ken McDonald, I didn't see Dan Rassier on that list.

What list? And please explain why McDonald would lie? What is it that he would gain?

Who were the people on the train in Europe that were so concerned aboutwhat DR said that they reported it to Interpol. What is it that DR said that would be so concerning ?

What list? And please explain why McDonald would lie? What is it that he would gain?

Who were the people on the train in Europe that were so concerned aboutwhat DR said that they reported it to Interpol. What is it that DR said that would be so concerning ?

Where are you getting the idea that DR said something to anyone on a train in Europe?

The whole thing about Interpol investigation DR was fabricated. Their "investigation" consisted of replying to the BCA asking Interpol if they had investigated DR while he was in Europe. They had not. End of story. McDonald included this information with the search warrant application because the judge was otherwise reluctant to sign the warrant.

Where are you getting the idea that DR said something to anyone on a train in Europe?

The whole thing about Interpol investigation DR was fabricated. Their "investigation" consisted of replying to the BCA asking Interpol if they had investigated DR while he was in Europe. They had not. End of story. McDonald included this information with the search warrant application because the judge was otherwise reluctant to sign the warrant.

I am confused. Where did you get the info that there was no Interpol report on a train? That is very specific. The report said people were concerned on a train.

Do you have a reference to it being fabricated?

I am confused. Where did you get the info that there was no Interpol report on a train? That is very specific. The report said people were concerned on a train.

Do you have a reference to it being fabricated?

It's best if you listen to the In The Dark episode, Person of Interest, and then read the documents on that web page.

In a nutshell - McDonald said that Rassier made strange comments about being on a train in Europe. There was nothing about people being concerned about what Rassier said on the train, it was strictly what McDonald manipulated from something Rassier said. So McDonald subsequently contacted Interpol to see they had anything on Rassier. McDonald turned that around to state that Interpol investigated Rassier, stating in his affidavit that "has been further investigated by Interpol regarding comments he made on a train while traveling in Europe"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back