Suspect: RYAN ALEXANDER DUKE, in custody

It is concerning to know that the UAV team received many tips from locals who are reluctant or afraid to go to police. I have to wonder why people feel such intimidation & what police impropriety has been experienced in that area. What is the problem - negative incidents, abuse of power, excessive force, oppressive interviewing, fabrication of evidence, wrongful convictions. Anyone familiar with any issues with LE in the area.

Since the UAV team has had numerous tips & police say RD was never on the radar screen, it seems hard to believe that the name never ever surfaced with the GBI. Am I too suspicious or anyone else find this disconcerting.

Anyone else find it a bit strange how little information has come out about Ryan Duke? A few days after the announcement and we know very little about the guy other than he had a friend named Bo, he was quite a stunner in high school only to look like a completely different guy at age 33, he may be in renal failure, may be on a disability check, and graduated from Irwin County High School in 2002. I haven't heard a lot from his friends--saw two interviews with former classmates. One young lady was a former classmate although not in the same grade. Another gentleman played football in high school with Ryan and said the local scuttlebutt in Ocilla was that Tara's body had been burned.

I am surprised that he killed her in her home. Hasn't LE always said there was not any evidence of a crime scene inside, other than a broken lamp?
I wonder how he killed a strong, healthy woman without leaving any tell tale evidence behind...

Could be that the police have always known that she was killed in the home but held that back so they would know when they found the right guy.

...or it could be like the McStay case and the police just missed any evidence even though they searched the place.

Could Ryan Duke be the student that the woman in the UAV podcast mentioned that Tara stated she was going by his house after the pageant the night she dissapeared?

I've seen a lot of posts here saying that Duke was a former student of TG's, but I have not seen that reported in the press. It has been announced only that he was a student at the school that TG taught at, not that he was in any of her classes.

Is there a MSM source for this information or is it just an assumption people are making?

Second Suspect or Accomplice?

If you listened to the newest podcast for Up and Vanished last night with Payne Lindsey, you heard a name beeped out several times. This is another person of interest in the investigation. He mentioned he had to beep the name for that reason, being that it is an active investigation.

In a conversation with one of Ryan Duke's classmates, we found some very telling information: mainly that he didn't believe Ryan was resourceful enough to A. have done this on his own and B. hidden it from law enforcement this long on his own. Payne questions him about another individual, with the name beeped out. The classmate then goes on to say that this person was always very "off" and something "wasn't quite right" with him. He literally says that if someone told him "Hey did you hear Ryan Duke killed a man?" He might say "Okay, well I can see that." But, if someone said "Hey did you hear Ryan Duke killed a man and did all the other things they say happened, and hid it for over ten years?" He would say "No, no way". However, he said that if the same was asked to him regarding the second individual, the beeped name, he'd absolutely believe it.

So Payne asks him "Where is _______?" And the classmate replies he doesn't know. And Payne says he drove by his house and there was a light on, but nobody was home, and the classmate basically says he doesn't think anyone knows where he is.

On Facebook a few people said it sounded like the beeped name was Bo/Beau Dykes. At first, that's what I heard. But, we've heard Dykes so much in the investigation/podcast regarding Heath Dykes, it's almost like we're conditioned to hear that. However, when I put on a pair of noise canceling HD earphones and listened again, I heard what sounded like Bob as the first name, and I swore it almost sounded like he said DUKE again as the last name. But, I also thought I heard an "s" at the end of the last name. So, I started looking on Google.

I found this:
attachment.php

Bob Dukes ... graduated with Ryan Duke. Sometimes Bo/Beau is a nickname for Bob.

I wonder if that is the POI that the GBI wants to question regarding Tara ... ?

Attachments

• IC 2002 list.png
    IC 2002 list.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 599
The GBI currently has 41 agents and an anthropologist at a pecan orchard in Fitzgerald looking for evidence and/or remains. The GBI agent just did a report on a local station about the search. He didn't disclose much, but did disclose evidence tied to Duke had been found at other locations. He also said evidence had been found and sent for review by an anthropologist.

Ricketson said that authorities have performed a shoulder-to-shoulder search that led them to specify a certain area on the property where they believe evidence may be located. He said teams have begun digging at these locations with small instruments and that they will be there as long as they keep "finding evidence."

http://wgxa.tv/news/local/gbi-search-for-tara-grinsteads-remains-leads-to-fitzgerald-property

"On Thursday, Ricketson said they recently received a tip about Grinstead's case that led them to Duke.

Ricketson said that Duke has not shared what happened to Grinstead with authorities."

I found this part of the article interesting.. I assumed he had told them. They must've received good tips to know where to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The UAV twitter account says "This is just the tip of the iceberg...."

Release the next episode now please, please, please.....

This is in extremely poor taste. There is no forthcoming episode because this is not a television show. Someone's daughter was murdered and this is a wide open public forum; I would just urge people to show some decorum and respect for Tara and her family.

This is in extremely poor taste. There is no forthcoming episode because this is not a television show. Someone's daughter was murdered and this is a wide open public forum; I would just urge people to show some decorum and respect for Tara and her family.

Sorry you find my statement so offensive, as I truly did not mean to offend or disrespect anyone, least of all a family who has suffered such a tragic loss. I have total empathy for the family and was glad that they might finally have justice for their tragic loss.

Losing a loved one through murder is a very traumatic experience & the agony never goes away.

Sorry you find my statement so offensive, as I truly did not mean to offend or disrespect anyone, least of all a family who has suffered such a tragic loss. I have total empathy for the family and was glad that they might finally have justice for their tragic loss.

Losing a loved one through murder is a very traumatic experience & the agony never goes away.
Fwiw, I saw absolutely nothing wrong with your post. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Everyone is anxious to find out what happened and to see that justice given to Tara. All these years, it's been a long time.

I don't think commenting on appearance/looks is usually a fruitful endeavor but I have to say - Ryan Duke looks as sickly as he's rumored to be. I cannot fathom a worse place to be ill, than jail/prison - truly hellish, im sure.

I have a hard time mustering sympathy for an accused killer, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mom rids, who is the student and how do you know? I have had questions about this since Roberts was not a former student.

Another good episode on the podcast tonight. Cliffhanger brings us back to the "black truck" once again. Bo Dukes sounds more & more shady with every interview. I figured people involved in her disappearance were listening to the podcast. They have to stay close to the story to know if they are safe or not. With that comment by the GBI investigator to the news crew, I'm more intrigued by the potential of more suspects.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Another good episode on the podcast tonight. Cliffhanger brings us back to the "black truck" once again. Bo Dukes sounds more & more shady with every interview. I figured people involved in her disappearance were listening to the podcast. They have to stay close to the story to know if they are safe or not. With that comment by the GBI investigator to the news crew, I'm more intrigued by the potential of more suspects.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Same! IMO I don't believe that RD was the mastermind or that this was his idea per say. IDK why I just don't feel like "Okay that's the guy all of the wondering is over" not yet anyway. I might feel different once details (hopefully enough) are released from the GJ hearing or a regular trial. Anyone know what the laws are in GA as far as public seeing evidence goes? I found this but I'm not sure how it compares to the ones in Florida:

http://law.ga.gov/sites/law.ga.gov/files/related_files/site_page/GeorgiasSunshineLaws2014WebEdition.pdf

Could be that the police have always known that she was killed in the home but held that back so they would know when they found the right guy.

...or it could be like the McStay case and the police just missed any evidence even though they searched the place.

I totally agree. Also, I do feel that things in her home indicated a struggle, but they were often downplayed or rationalized as something else. I remember many times over the years speculation being that maybe her cat knocked over the alarm clock or other things that were kind of tossed around. Even her jewelry being broken and clothes haphazardly placed were speculated as possibly just being careless or even that she had "entertained a visitor" and just kind of tossed everything off her body in some heat of passion. Plus, her car seat being adjusted to a height too tall for her and her not doing the lamp/light check with her neighbor - many red flags that were either overlooked or downplayed. Just as you mention with the McStay case, how their house was left in an odd state with the food being left out on the counter and couch, but people came up with other possibilities for that too - even though it turned out to be just as it looked - that they were just going about their life in their home and someone came in disrupted it and forced them out. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back