Brendan Dassey: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's rape, torture, and murder?

Brendan Dassy: Guilty of Teresa Halbach rape, torture, and murder?

• He was an accomplice

Votes: 68 9.2%
  • He assisted in covering up the crime

Votes: 59 7.9%
  • He didn't help but may have seen something

Votes: 67 9.0%
  • Probably not guilty, his confession was coerced

Votes: 231 31.1%
  • Not guilty, full stop, his conviction should be vacated

Votes: 270 36.3%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 112 15.1%
  • Undecided all around, more information needed

Votes: 37 5.0%

• Total voters
One thing that bothers me about this thread is that the title implies TH was raped and tortured. AFAICT there's no evidence of those crimes having been committed. It seems unfair to the family to have to imagine such stuff happening when it could very well be speculation on the part of authorities.

One thing that bothers me about this thread is that the title implies TH was raped and tortured. AFAICT there's no evidence of those crimes having been committed. It seems unfair to the family to have to imagine such stuff happening when it could very well be speculation on the part of authorities.

It's because that's what he was convicted of. Even if we know there is no evidence of it, unfortunately, he was convicted of it. The SA poll thread just says 'guilty of murder' because that is what he was convicted of.

I agree that there is no evidence of it.

JMO

The way the Dassey-case was handled is just so wrong. I sincerely hope he will get out soon.

There is absolutely no indication or evidence that a rape/torture occured. No hard evidence of a murder. That was all, every bit, fed to him by full grown educated and experienced men, some of whom were supposedly working on Brendans own behalf.

Let Brendan go--let him have his life.

I believe his confession should have been thrown out.....but I definitely believe he saw something. I totally believe Stephen is guilty. He sat in prison growing his hate for females. In his mind he thought how dare Teresa reject him......he's a local "celebrity". He never dreamed they would bring charges against him again. Come on....her bones and the rivets from her favorite jeans were found in his burn pile among the tire radials.

There is absolutely no DNA or physical evidence that Brendan Dassey has committed a crime.
To convict someone of murder you should have to have the evidence that they were involved in such a crime. A coerced confession where LE spoon fed BD the details doesn't count as far as i'm concerned. Other people have certainly wrongfully confessed to crimes they didn't commit. The evidence should uphold a confession every time.

I can't decide between the top two options. I think he was there. He said he helped his uncle clean a red liquid in the garage on the day Teresa went missing and he and his uncle both lied about it before the stain was found. Same with the bonfire. They both said they didn't have one, but when witnesses came forward and said they saw them have a bonfire they both admitted (after a while) they did have one together. I think it's pretty telling they both remove each other from the crime scene, already before it was designated as the crime scene.

Agree, 100%... Not sure if he's really innocent, but I'm not sure he's guilty either. It's not just black and white for me.. Maybe he knew something, but I'm not sure his mental capacity could really handle doing this.. And doing it well....

Review delayed until 21st June 2018 if it misses that conference it will be September before the next one.

The website for the court posted a notice Monday that Dassey's petition for review will be "distributed for conference" on Thursday. The high court will not announce its decision on that day, but could release its ruling on Dassey's request the following Monday.

Four justices must vote to grant the petition for Dassey's appeal to be heard by the entire high court.

U.S. Supreme Court to consider Brendan Dassey's appeal on Thursday

I can't decide between the top two options. I think he was there. He said he helped his uncle clean a red liquid in the garage on the day Teresa went missing and he and his uncle both lied about it before the stain was found. Same with the bonfire. They both said they didn't have one, but when witnesses came forward and said they saw them have a bonfire they both admitted (after a while) they did have one together. I think it's pretty telling they both remove each other from the crime scene, already before it was designated as the crime scene.

And the red liquid was what supposedly???
Considering T.H.'s DNA was not found anywhere inside S.A.'s trailer, garage, or anywhere else on the property, that kinda rules out blood....

And the red liquid was what supposedly???
Considering T.H.'s DNA was not found anywhere inside S.A.'s trailer, garage, or anywhere else on the property, that kinda rules out blood....

That's not really a proper argument to say anything about what the red fluid could've or couldn't have been. It certainly does not rule out blood.
Brendan Dassey swore under oath that it could've been blood. His other story was that it could've been a red car fluid (transmission fluid), that got on the floor after Steven "poked" somewhere under the car. I don't know much about cars, but I find it hard to believe transmission fluid can actually leak from underneath a car after "poking" it.
Teresa's DNA was found on a bullet in the garage. Whatever the source of the DNA was is unknown and could've been blood. Her bones were found just outside the garage. The bloodhound Loof showed "much interest" in the garage, a place where Teresa supposedly had never been according to Steven.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back