UK UK - Kevin Hicks, 16, Croydon, 2 Mar 1986

I hope I am wrong about that as well. Kevin's disappearance and obvious murder prematurely killed his parents as well. One can only imagine what that family went through. Kevin sister is still living it.

I hope I am wrong about that as well. Kevin's disappearance and obvious murder prematurely killed his parents as well. One can only imagine what that family went through. Kevin sister is still living it.

This is a case I would love to see resolved to give his family some closure. If the person responsible for his disserpearance hasn't died or been convicted of another crime since. Then he is still out there and in my opinion has committed other offences.

I have only learned about this today. His picture is what drew me in. He has such a young, sweet face...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I am editing this to include a trigger warning as I know there will be some reading who might need this.

I just do not quite know where on the forum this would go but I just feel like I am reeling having learned of yet another friend who is a SOSA survivor. I knew them after they had been moved from the Shirley Oaks home. In fact I had several friends there.

Yesterday, I began looking at links and somehow Kevin Hicks name appeared. Shirley Oaks home was closed in 1983 and Kevin did not disappear till 1986 but it got me thinking. Lee Boxall? Connection to youth clubs?

Shirley Oaks is in fact not a huge distance from where Kevin was seen walking. A fair walk, but one I have done myself. Basically, Shirley is just above Addiscombe. One wonders how many pedophiles lived around Addiscombe...

https://www.shirleyoakssurvivorsassociation.co.uk/

This pedophile ring was covered up. It involved almost every authority. It was huge. I really doubt it ever went away. Croydon is still known as a place where there are a lot of sexual predators even now. Just now I read a Facebook post claiming it has the highest number of rapes in the country.

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/200-perverts-live/story-11369061-detail/story.html

Anyway, this is really shocking and I was surprised I could not find anything already on Websleuths.

https://cathyfox.wordpress.com/2017...called-home-report-of-shirley-oaks-survivors/

http://google-law.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/shirley-oaks-children-raped-trafficked.html

I really do not quite know what I am trying to say here. I am glad these victims are finally getting compensation. I don't think it will be justice till every single person who hurt them is found and put away (if they are still alive.)

My daughter went to school with one of the guys involved in I really hope there is some other explanation for his disappearance.

(geographically, Addiscombe and Shirley are next to each other and suburbs of Croydon.)

If Kevin was sighted walking towards home then he would either have intended to turn left into Lower Addiscombe Road to fetch his bike or to take the path that goes along the left side of Ashburton park as this has, I think, an entrance into the road he lived in.

Either way, he would have had to cross Lower Addiscombe Road either at what was then the Black Horse crossing or before it. He did not get back to his bike.

Did he leave home on his bike?
Was there ever really a sighting?
There is, if these things are true, quite a small area in which he disappeared. It would be surely between the end of Shirley Road or just before and sort of making a block between that and the road that leads to his house. That is Woodside.

I change my mind a lot but today I think the answer would lie within quite a small area and that the most likely is when he reached Lower Addiscombe Road. This, as I have said before, is a road that is sometimes busy and sometimes deserted.

The most likely would be walking along Lower Addiscombe Road towards the Black Horse to get his bike.

This narrows things down to on the right hand side of Lower Addiscombe Road between Shirley Road and the Black Horse as you would be unlikely to cross the road if you were going back to the 7/11

Just a thought. Why would you take a bike the extremely short distance to the 7/11 from Kevin's house?

Was it fingerprinted?
Where is the bike now?

If you have a bike then surely you would ride it to where you were next going and it is quite a walk up to Bingham Road by turning left or right and then turning left into Shirley Road and then, whichever way you go to Kevin's road.

I have no idea what light this throws on anything but I hope the bike was fingerprinted.

This was not the only Addiscombe kidnapping/disappearance or whatever it is, although this one is quite different!
http://m.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/addiscombe-kidnap-victim-home-family-pay-ransom/story-11359138-detail/story.html

Look at the Shirley Oaks Survivors Website. The abusive people surely did not all leave the area once Shirley Oaks closed and it is only now the extent of the abuse and involvement of the authorities is coming out. Nothing would surprise me where Kevin and Lee Boxall are concerned.

Look at the Shirley Oaks Survivors Website. The abusive people surely did not all leave the area once Shirley Oaks closed and it is only now the extent of the abuse and involvement of the authorities is coming out. Nothing would surprise me where Kevin and Lee Boxall are concerned.

I've always had a belief that kevin hicks and Lee boxell are connected in some way, I personally feel in the kevin hicks case that he met foul play at the hands of someone he knew. I think someone in the addiscombe area may know alot more than they are saying and considering the police got a phone call from someone with information ten years after he vanished as to where kevin may be buried if that call was genuine then there are certainly others who know what happened to him. I do think that the same person is responsible for lee boxell going missing aswell, I still think that sighting of a boy matching lee boxell discription walking down the road with an older man was lee boxell. I personally feel lee boxell was probably in the wrong place at the wrong time and was tricked into going with someone.

I've always had a belief that kevin hicks and Lee boxell are connected in some way, I personally feel in the kevin hicks case that he met foul play at the hands of someone he knew. I think someone in the addiscombe area may know alot more than they are saying and considering the police got a phone call from someone with information ten years after he vanished as to where kevin may be buried if that call was genuine then there are certainly others who know what happened to him. I do think that the same person is responsible for lee boxell going missing aswell, I still think that sighting of a boy matching lee boxell discription walking down the road with an older man was lee boxell. I personally feel lee boxell was probably in the wrong place at the wrong time and was tricked into going with someone.

Well now we know so much about the corruption at that time. It beggars belief! So many people in authority outed as abusers in the same area.

I think this is probably too early. Somehow my gut reaction is this is something local and possibly connected to the speakers Kevin was hiding. Addiscombe used to be a genteel kind of area, but it always had a very rough element and things have got worse over the area.

Police believe that Kevin’s shopping trip was a ruse so that he could meet up with somebody. However, if he did meet someone, that meeting ended and Kevin was seen walking towards home, on his own, in Shirley Road.

Kevin did not take door keys with him, if he was visiting a gay cruising area this would make sense. It was dark, maybe walked or got bus to Shirley Heights. Walked back, seen on Shirley Road walking in general direction of home, alone.

Maybe turned right at the end of Shirley Road and went to the car park in Ashburton Park another gay cruising area, from where he vanished?

Police believe that Kevin’s shopping trip was a ruse so that he could meet up with somebody. However if he did meet someone, that meeting ended and Kevin was seen walking towards home, on his own, in Shirley Road.

Kevin did not take door keys with him, if he was visiting a gay cruising area this would make sense. It was dark, maybe walked or got bus to Shirley Heights. Walked back, seen on Shirley Road walking in general direction of home, alone.

Maybe turned right at the end of Shirley Road and went to the car park in Ashburton Park another gay cruising area, from where he vanished?

I was not aware that he had a bike. He was seen in Shirley Road heading in the general direction of home at 10pm, he does not seem to have been with anyone, but the report did not say he had a bike. He may not have taken his bike if he was visiting a gay cruising area.

His bike was left outside the 7/11. I am sure I have seen this although it would be a very short distance to cycle from his house. The gay cruising is a possibility, I guess. But was it a gay cruising area at the time Kevin went missing? What would be in Shirley Road? I don't think the Tesco garage was there back then. Ashburton school, houses, I still think he left his bike and walked up into Bingham through Park View Road and then back down from wherever he went in or from Shirley Road. It is a bit of a hike past Trinity up to the Shirley Methodist Church and would have taken some time to get to Shirley Hills or into Shirley. I think the bike was in some reports and not others.

I hate walking by where the Black Horse was. I cannot do it without running theories about what happened through my head...
At the time, the Black Horse still existed as it was pulled down in 2006. One other possibility is that Kevin went to the Cricketers pub which is between the end of Bingham Road and on the left going towards Lower Addiscombe. Did that have a reputation for anything?

The UK had 7-eleven shops from the mid-1980's to mid-1990's. I think they pulled out of the UK market circa. 1997, but there were certainly a number of them in and around London at the time Kevin Hicks went missing.

We did used to have them! And we certainly had several in Croydon. They were like Spar or Nissa is now.

Hi, after checking recently, you are correct. Must have been a London/SE thing though. Never saw any in the North or Scotland.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back