FL FL - Daytona, WhtMale 2128UMFL, 11-21, near pond, denim jacket, May'72

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this match most as well. Lots of NY kids would make their way down to the sunny Florida - whether with their families help or just running away there. I don't think his being from NY should dissuade us from considering him.

It doesn't hurt to submit it, or email NY. He could have been kidnapped and put on the streets to prostitute and just couldn't contact home for a number of reasons.

Just saw this case. Regarding the pubic hair: In the 1970's, widespread shaving was commonplace in healthcare for pre-operative reasons. and those reasons might include a variety of procedures for which hair in now considered no big deal and left alone today. A man having his appendix or gall bladder out could count on weeks of re-growth itching and misery. It was also a common means of eliminating lice from the pubic region.

DaisyChains it believe that is a really good match considering the new article that I found from 2016 http://news.usf.edu/article/templat...5&utm_medium=rotator&utm_campaign=usfhomepage which claims now his height to be approximately 5’4” - 5’8” tall when originally I had seen John Doe was like 5'2 I believe. Thomas Allen Meuse is said to be 5'7.

I like this match most as well. Lots of NY kids would make their way down to the sunny Florida - whether with their families help or just running away there. I don't think his being from NY should dissuade us from considering him.

I am going to submit Thomas as a possible match then right now. Thanks for the heads up on the height xmadamx!

oh meanmryjane that is really interesting it actually reminded me of something I had seen a bit ago that I thought was disturbing...It had to do with the Boy Scouts...

Scout was initiated at campout (Camp Edge) by being stripped naked and rolled in the sand then shaving cream was placed on genital area to shave area with a straight razor. Boys pants were pulled off by adult leaders. See also, CONF002024. Both registrant and another accomplice scout leader were suspended then reinstated to the Boy Scouts after a committee had meetings on this issue. Three years later, applied for re-instatement. Committee decision issued, registration denied.

There are many more creepy things that the Boy Scout Leaders did on this link and there are quite a few in Florida....
<modsnip: broken link>

Just saw this case. Regarding the pubic hair: In the 1970's, widespread shaving was commonplace in healthcare for pre-operative reasons. and those reasons might include a variety of procedures for which hair in now considered no big deal and left alone today. A man having his appendix or gall bladder out could count on weeks of re-growth itching and misery. It was also a common means of eliminating lice from the pubic region.

Good Idea On Thomas..He really looks like the photo of John Doe.... crossing my fingers hope you will have better luck than you had with Barbara!!!!!!
I am going to submit Thomas as a possible match then right now. Thanks for the heads up on the height xmadamx!

Good Idea On Thomas..He really looks like the photo of John Doe.... crossing my fingers hope you will have better luck than you had with Barbara!!!!!!

Let's hope so!!

He has been submitted now officially. :)

Thank you for the encouragement madamx!

I called a couple of the numbers for the John Doe at Volusia County to see if I could talk to anyone about the Green Schwinn Bicycle and all I got was voicemail and they close at 4. The only email I found was a j mullen but that is for the medical examiner and I don't think he would have anything to do with the bike.

Also I was wondering if this Jane Doe at was found floating April 25 1972 not too far from where this John Doe was found might have something to do with each other.. not sure... any thoughts?

I called a couple of the numbers for the John Doe at Volusia County to see if I could talk to anyone about the Green Schwinn Bicycle and all I got was voicemail and they close at 4. The only email I found was a j mullen but that is for the medical examiner and I don't think he would have anything to do with the bike.

Also I was wondering if this Jane Doe at was found floating April 25 1972 not too far from where this John Doe was found might have something to do with each other.. not sure... any thoughts?

Not sure but that UID sure looks like she could be Kathaleen. Notice the mention of tan complexion. She went missing from FL. HOWEVER she is RH negative. Shoot just noticed that! Plus both DNA is in the system I suppose. But still gosh Kathaleen looks close.

<modsnip: not an approved source>
Very interesting about the decapitated head of Hines possibly being found and the UID having been decapitated. Hm! Thank you for this madamx.

So are you theorizing that perhaps this young man was one of the foster children at the home she ran? I would hate to think both he and Hine were killed (IF related) b/c he was being sexually/physically abused by a guardian and Hine had found out about it. This would be an interesting find if we could research further.

You rock girlfriend! :yourock:

I'd never heard of shaving pubic hair due to a lice infestation, so that's interesting. Would this be more common practice in an institution or facility, or something people would do at home as an SOP in order to get rid of lice (in addition to the shampoo and nitpicking)? Or, if a person had crabs, would a doctor do it during an office visit as part of the treatment?

I don't know what happened in this case, but it is weird that 2 young boys are found dead about the same time.

I wanted to also note, that I found a Daytona Beach paper on the site, but no mention of this boy being found, the UID boy.

So in my message to Namus yesterday asking for the Thomas Allen Meuse comparison I also requested that IF Thomas is a rule-out that it be listed on this John Doe's profile at Namus. Wonderful to get this speedy reply:

"Thank you ! We will do our best to compare and post an exclusion if possible.”

Kind regards,
Carrie

Carrie Sutherland
NamUs Regional System Administrator
Web: www.NamUs.gov
NamUs @ UNT Health Science Center
Phone: 817-202- 5931

Email: carrie.sutherland@unthsc.edu

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=feST4K8J0scC&dat=19720508&printsec=frontpage&hl=en

not sure this will work but I found this article about Irvin Ziglar, May 8th 1972 I can't copy and past because the site won't let you, but you can go to the link, and read it.

attachment.php

Notice Irvin was last seen at a minibike shop madamx? Very interesting find Skully you rule!! Thank you.

Yes what are the odds both young men/boys would be murdered in 72 in FL? Hm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back