MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do too and was surprised at first, but they are going to sensationalize it simply because of the notoriety of KY and because Kara has been missing for ten years come May. There's a couple news sources here in KC that tend to have a bad habit of jumping on little snippets of info, sensationalizing their reporting methods, and then having to backtrack because the actual facts just weren't there. The media has also been put on what I'll call a gag order due to Jessica's case being sealed, so they're going to jump to report anything about it that they legally can because people are interested. Some of the reporting I saw today was done in good form, but I've read several articles that jump to conclusions and report almost in a way that confirms all of our suspicions without word from LE. Much of it just comes across as tacky reporting. Now, I've jumped to conclusions here as well. But I'm also not a journalist trusted to deliver the news in an accurate manner, though I do try to be as accurate as possible and not look like a fool :) which all those reporters will after all the sensationalism if this turns out not be Jess or Kara. As far as I can tell, LE are trying to give the media snippets to keep them at bay until they can wrap up what they're doing in Peculiar.

Thanks and I agree! I think our media is so hungry for news that they jump on something so quick like you said and run with it quicker than they can actually verify anything. I have caught one station on twitter and called them out on it before.

I just hate to see this being reported as fact when it may turn into something else.

JMO and MOO

I would be really surprised if they did. He was in jail for a good part of this time, outside of that there was a good time period with the child's mother he choked. She was incredibly lucky she wasn't a victim. I don't think he is an organized intelligent killer I think it's all high emotion, unorganized, reactive murders. I think had he been left free that he would continue to devolve and there would be additional victims but I really think this animal has no control over his behaviors and he would be quickly linked to any of his victims.

First time poster and have been following the Liberty & Abby thread diligently, but had to pop up in this one to post a link to this article. I don't know how to post up pics, but there is a pic in this article that is of Kansas City Missouri Incident report that was filed with the locals and notified to the FBI agent on this case. It is a statement from a witness (named blacked out) about one TY and his travels on the day Miss Kopetsky disappeared. Witness states that he saw TY travelling in TY's pickup truck southbound on Road Y and that they continued south past the intersection with Route YY. According to the awesome map above ... travelling south on Y past YY will take you on a path that directly lines up with where the remains have been found. Witness also says it would be extremely unusual for KY to be in that area ... ergo his reporting of it.

attachment.php

http://www.kmbc.com/article/police-call-families-of-2-missing-women-after-second-skull-found/9229881

Attachments

• redactedpolicereport-1491340624.jpg
    redactedpolicereport-1491340624.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 757
Thanks and I agree! I think our media is so hungry for news that they jump on something so quick like you said and run with it quicker than they can actually verify anything. I have caught one station on twitter and called them out on it before. I just hate to see this being reported as fact when it may turn into something else. JMO and MOO
They definitely are hungry. Good on you for calling them out before! You would think that after all the misreporting with Toni Anderson's case recently, they wouldn't be so quick to jump the gun on this one since it has so many followers and so much emotion attached. I mean, for the love...it's not even been a full 48 hours yet and law enforcement aren't even sure. All they seem to be running with is the proximity of the remains to Belton and a LE officer saying he has a gut feeling this is Kara. Well, stop the presses, let's report some info that may not even be true. Way to go KC media. Once again, way to go. :facepalm: Ok, sorry, rant over :)

First time poster and have been following the Liberty & Abby thread diligently, but had to pop up in this one to post a link to this article. I don't know how to post up pics, but there is a pic in this article that is of Kansas City Missouri Incident report that was filed with the locals and notified to the FBI agent on this case. It is a statement from a witness (named blacked out) about one TY and his travels on the day Miss Kopetsky disappeared. Witness states that he saw TY and his father travelling in TY's pickup truck southbound on Road Y and that they continued south past the intersection with Route YY. According to the awesome map above ... travelling south on Y past YY will take you on a path that directly lines up with where the remains have been found. Witness also says it would be extremely unusual for KY to be in that area ... ergo his reporting of it. http://www.kmbc.com/article/police-call-families-of-2-missing-women-after-second-skull-found/9229881
Welcome! Thanks for posting this article! I was trying to find that incident report but for the life of me I just couldn't remember where I saw it. I'm glad that the LE officer that took that report was serious enough about it to record it as he did. It seems so many things have slipped through the cracks with Kara's case. Some of the statements Kylr made, viewed in the lens of his psychological makeup and the death of these two girls, are chilling. He states that he "killed people before" and that "what the world really needs is for everyone to die." He truly is a very disturbed individual. I just wonder how many he really has killed. This report may be why LE feel this is Kara and possibly Jessica without confirmation from a medical examiner.

Vail .... You never gave up when many stopped.... Looking at this thread you kept the fire burning. Skibaoo. Your maps mastering have been .. No holds bar.. Thank yall both ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow I remember the Kara Kopetsky case. Their poor families

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People earlier were saying Kara's family was told to come to the station today so I think people are assuming it is her. However, I'm also confused because I have not seen it confirmed at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Agreed... Until all remains are recovered and an accurate ID is made . We do not know for fact at this time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome! Thanks for posting this article! I was trying to find that incident report but for the life of me I just couldn't remember where I saw it. I'm glad that the LE officer that took that report was serious enough about it to record it as he did. It seems so many things have slipped through the cracks with Kara's case. Some of the statements Kylr made, viewed in the lens of his psychological makeup and the death of these two girls, are chilling. He states that he "killed people before" and that "what the world really needs is for everyone to die." He truly is a very disturbed individual. I just wonder how many he really has killed. This report may be why LE feel this is Kara and possibly Jessica without confirmation from a medical examiner.

On a philosophical note, what can you do with someone like Kylr?
If this has taken place in a US state with the DP, well there's that.
But in other states without it, or in countries without the DP - it seems more like cruel and unusual punishment both to him and to society to not put someone like him to death.
You can't treat them, right? Personality disorders aren't diseases. Evil is not a disease. They can't be treated the way mental illnesses can.
You can't ever really trust them with women or children or even animals/pets. So they can never be released.
So a lifetime spent locked away at state expense.

Vail .... You never gave up when many stopped.... Looking at this thread you kept the fire burning. Skibaoo. Your maps mastering have been .. No holds bar.. Thank yall both .. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I second this. Thanks to all that have been relentless in keeping this thread going. :grouphug:

On a philosophical note, what can you do with someone like Kylr? If this has taken place in a US state with the DP, well there's that. But in other states without it, or in countries without the DP - it seems more like cruel and unusual punishment both to him and to society to not put someone like him to death. You can't treat them, right? Personality disorders aren't diseases. Evil is not a disease. They can't be treated the way mental illnesses can. You can't ever really trust them with women or children or even animals/pets. So they can never be released. So a lifetime spent locked away at state expense.
I completely agree with this 100%. Maybe if he had been reached when he was younger, he could have been helped. It's been allowed to progress too far now, IMO. The potential for severe reactive attachment disorder is great, and I think that's barely scratching the surface with him and his various psychological problems. Some people can be rehabilitated. His problems have progressed to far for that, it seems. Missouri has the DP. Perhaps if KY had been more forthcoming with information, he could have garnered a plea deal and avoided a possible DP sentence. Now, with the possibility of both girls found, he'll likely miss that chance.

I do too and was surprised at first, but they are going to sensationalize it simply because of the notoriety of KY and because Kara has been missing for ten years come May. There's a couple news sources here in KC that tend to have a bad habit of jumping on little snippets of info, sensationalizing their reporting methods, and then having to backtrack because the actual facts just weren't there. The media has also been put on what I'll call a gag order due to Jessica's case being sealed, so they're going to jump to report anything about it that they legally can because people are interested. Some of the reporting I saw today was done in good form, but I've read several articles that jump to conclusions and report almost in a way that confirms all of our suspicions without word from LE. Much of it just comes across as tacky reporting. Now, I've jumped to conclusions here as well. But I'm also not a journalist trusted to deliver the news in an accurate manner, though I do try to be as accurate as possible and not look like a fool :) which all those reporters will after all the sensationalism if this turns out not be Jess or Kara. As far as I can tell, LE are trying to give the media snippets to keep them at bay until they can wrap up what they're doing in Peculiar.
Does KY have any ties near where they found the remains? Could this be why they think its both girls'? Or is it more likely that since they found 2 skulls they just automatically assume its KK and JR?

💘 💘"Break the rules and stand apart, ignore your head and follow your heart" 💘 💘

Does KY have any ties near where they found the remains? Could this be why they think its both girls'? Or is it more likely that since they found 2 skulls they just automatically assume its KK and JR? 💘 💘"Break the rules and stand apart, ignore your head and follow your heart" 💘 💘
There is a link that was posted on the last page by Vern that provides an image of a police/incident report that was made after Kara disappeared. Reading through it, I think this may be what is making LE jump to the idea that this is Kara and Jessica. The person making the report stated that KY was seen driving on Y Highway near this area where the remains were found today. He says he saw KY in his truck driving down there around noon the day that Kara disappeared, and that it was weird for him to be in the area. Here is the link that was provided earlier, and the image of the report is on the previous page of this thread as well. http://www.kmbc.com/article/police-call-families-of-2-missing-women-after-second-skull-found/9229881

KY is a walking billboard for antisocial personality disorder IMO.

This is interesting that 2 people that murdered so young (speaking of KY and Ryan Alexander Duke in the Grinstead case)

Yet b/c of their age no one thought or at least could comprehend at the time that they were capable of such evils. Both finally are being held accountable (hopefully) a decade more or less later. Glad to see movement in these cases lately.

I'm following the TG case as well. IN my opinions a big difference is RD has had no violent criminal record or behavior. KY has had so many!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think they have suspicions that they do believe it's KK and JR since they called both mom's. Do they usually call any missing persons family when they find remains?
Also he sounds like someone who has to have it his way or no way and unfortunately when it doesn't go His way he gets violent.

My bio dad was and is extremely abusive and violent and in too many ways KY reminds me of him. He was only 16 and my mom 14 when I was born but he almost killed her multiple times. Thank goodness she had enough sense to give me to my paternal GPs or I would hate to imagine the life I would've had. They were very much like KYs Grandpa too always excusing what my bio dad did. It was always someone else's fault.
Praying for the families tonight may they find peace at last.
RIP Jessica and Kara Fly high 🥀🥀🥀♡♥

💘 💘"Break the rules and stand apart, ignore your head and follow your heart" 💘 💘

It's not been officially confirmed yet by LE or the girls' parents. I thought from the minute I saw the article yesterday about the mushroom hunter finding human remains in the woods that it is Kara and I thought they might find more. Then, this morning when they mentioned finding a second skull it kind of confirmed it my mind that maybe they found Jessica too. It gives me chills because I had a dream a few nights ago about them finding both of the girls in the woods near a big farming area. If it's not them, so be it. Someone else finds whatever amount of closure that this will bring. But, the media seems pretty darn sure that this is Jessica and Kara.

Thanks!! I didn't think that it had been officially confirmed yet, that's why the headline perplexed me! The new one is much better.

I do hope, that whatever comes from this, that Kara's family finally has peace. They have been through so much. The person responsible deserves punishment. In this lifetime.

All my thoughts and prayers are with both Kara and Jessica's family's.

omg this is crazy. Ive followed Kara's case for years and remember the first time I read about Jessica and saw Kylr's name and instantly knew it was the same person from Kara's case. I hope this is them and it brings closure for the family so they can stop looking. He needs to rot in jail before he kills again if he already hasnt

Whether these are the girls or not, I think LE called the moms in out of respect ...to let them know what they know. I think it may take awhile to identify unless teeth are intact 😢 that hurts my heart just saying that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I mean, for the love...it's not even been a full 48 hours yet and law enforcement aren't even sure. All they seem to be running with is the proximity of the remains to Belton and a LE officer saying he has a gut feeling this is Kara. Well, stop the presses, let's report some info that may not even be true. Way to go KC media. Once again, way to go. :facepalm: Ok, sorry, rant over :)

You can put some of it on LE, though. With the Isabel Celis case, no one reported anything before the body was found because Tucson Police kept it quiet until they had DNA confirmation. It was several weeks to a month between finding the remains, verification of identity and public announcement. LE in this case obviously didn't control the wide release of speculative information, and even added to it with the statement about gut feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong