MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a philosophical note, what can you do with someone like Kylr?
If this has taken place in a US state with the DP, well there's that.
But in other states without it, or in countries without the DP - it seems more like cruel and unusual punishment both to him and to society to not put someone like him to death.
You can't treat them, right? Personality disorders aren't diseases. Evil is not a disease. They can't be treated the way mental illnesses can.
You can't ever really trust them with women or children or even animals/pets. So they can never be released.
So a lifetime spent locked away at state expense.

i guess the only thing we can do is look at this warped and demented individual as a prime example of aberrant humanity- a genetic and/or socially constructed monstrosity to be studied while isolated and caged . Yost has proven himself to be an irredeemable force of darkness

i shared these threads with a producer here in west palm... we both worked at 41 in kc (at different times) but i think we're going to try to cover this tomorrow once more details are released... hoping we find out more today

I am still a bit confused on the timeline from this week. Was the first notification that remains were found when the were giving the interview and the call came in?

i thought they found one skull and gave notice to kara's mom... then during the interview to the local outlets, they got the call about the second one

The first articles stated that Karas family had been informed that a skull found was likely Karas (paraphrasing)

I posted a tweet with a short video It's in both threads (sorry gone 3am here and I'm on my phone)

Karas and Jessica's Mom were being interviewed when the detective called, if you listen closely he says no confirmation but his gut says it's Kara.

There is also another tweet with another short video with both Moms at the police station where Karas Mom says that they have no confirmation and no ID.

HTH
I'm wondering if maybe they found remnants of clothing or other identifying evidence that makes LE believe (unofficially until proven) that these are the missing girls. They may have given the moms more information than the public knows about at this time. Beyond sad, but maybe it will at least bring closure to the grieving families. I can't think of anything worse than never knowing. R.I.P. Dear Girls

[video=twitter;849595873038303232]https://twitter.com/LindsayShively/status/849595873038303232[/video]

Lindsay Shively‏Verified account @LindsayShively 32m32 minutes ago

Lindsay Shively Retweeted Andres Gutierrez
Families of #JessicaRunions & #KaraKopetsky now wait to see if remains found in Cass Co. belong to the missing women. Search resumes today.

i guess the only thing we can do is look at this warped and demented individual as a prime example of aberrant humanity- a genetic and/or socially constructed monstrosity to be studied while isolated and caged . Yost has proven himself to be an irredeemable force of darkness

Reading suggestion: Before It's Too Late by Stanton Samenow.

5 things to know about the 2007 disappearance of Kara Kopetsky

1. Kara's mom hasn't seen her since she left for school on May 4, 2007

<modsnip>

2. Kara was seen on security footage

<modsnip>

3. She had a tumultuous relationship with then-boyfriend, Kylr Yust

<modsnip>

4. Police found human remains they believe could be Kara's

<modsnip>

5. Police have not identified the remains yet

<modsnip>

Two skulls found near Belton; now two moms wait to learn if they are their missing daughters

snipped from article

"We are not at this time able to determine if it's male or female, if we have an age, a sex. We don't have that information," said Sheriff Jeff Weber, Cass County.

According to Captain Kevin Tieman, the skull recovered Monday has been sent to the Jackson County Medical Examiner for further examination.

I just snipped a couple of lines from the article that should be kept in mind, until there is a definite answer about these girls.

I know we all want closer, I just want to be sure. imo moo

As another poster stated, I don't think they would have notified the families unless they found something else with the remains that suggests it's them. I think the jewelry Kara was wearing is a pretty strong theory. I think LE would be very hesitant to call the families just from finding two sets of remains without any other identification or clues suggesting its the girls. That would be a gut-wrenching thing to put two mothers through if they weren't sure.

Last night on the news it showed a clip of their two mothers receiving a phone call notifying them of a second skull being found. They just held each other and cried. I can't even imagine. Was so hard to watch. I hope these poor families get some answers and justice.

As another poster stated, I don't think they would have notified the families unless they found something else with the remains that suggests it's them. I think the jewelry Kara was wearing is a pretty strong theory. I think LE would be very hesitant to call the families just from finding two sets of remains without any other identification or clues suggesting its the girls. That would be a gut-wrenching thing to put two mothers through if they weren't sure.

Last night on the news it showed a clip of their two mothers receiving a phone call notifying them of a second skull being found. They just held each other and cried. I can't even imagine. Was so hard to watch. I hope these poor families get some answers and justice.

I think they would have, because as soon as the info hit the news people would have been calling them to ask if they had heard. It is bad enough for them to be told skulls were found, but being blindsided by it would be even worse. Police would want them to be aware. I've seen it in many missing cases, where families of missing people are notified when remains are found and sometimes they don't turn out to be the person they're looking for.

I think they would have, because as soon as the info hit the news people would have been calling them to ask if they had heard. It is bad enough for them to be told skulls were found, but being blindsided by it would be even worse. Police would want them to be aware. I've seen it in many missing cases, where families of missing people are notified when remains are found and sometimes they don't turn out to be the person they're looking for.

Calling them to the station seems to be over kill if they don't have a strong feeling it's them, just notifying them via phone call I could see ("We found remains but don't know anything else at this time, just wanted you to know.") I really think they found something else with the remains that suggested it's them. JMO.

Can I be happy and sad at the same time.?

Calling them to the station seems to be over kill if they don't have a strong feeling it's them, just notifying them via phone call I could see ("We found remains but don't know anything else at this time, just wanted you to know.") I really think they found something else with the remains that suggested it's them. JMO.

i believe he said that they could not confirm 100% it was her but that he felt it in his gut... by that phrasing, i'm led to believe they have some sort of identifying evidence that would allow him to make a statement like that and that this was not a phone call to alert them of the knowledge of remains in general being found

i believe he said that they could not confirm 100% it was her but that he felt it in his gut... by that phrasing, i'm led to believe they have some sort of identifying evidence that would allow him to make a statement like that and that this was not a phone call to alert them of the knowledge of remains in general being found

Agreed, that's the point I was trying to get across.

One report yesterday noted that no clothing was found. However that does not exclude LE finding some type of remnants later in the day. In addition to finding the 2nd skull, undoubtedly the remains had been there for sometime and were scattered about. Reason for LE's inability to not put together a complete skeleton. Have to agree that I would not think that LE could drag the families down a path without some credible evidence. All though the article stated they were contacting the families of MP's in the area. Will have to see what today brings....

Wonder if KY has gotten wind of the possible findings of the girls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally I think they might have more info because a while back skeletal remains were found semi close as to where Jessica was last seen and as far as I know neither of the families were called in

I would imagine that as soon as the families heard of this discovery that they would have been contacting the police. I wonder if the police outreach is more of an effort to make sure the families know whatever they can from the police first rather than news or rumor. The earlier statement from the witness stating that he saw the suspect in the area when Kara went missing is probably the most solid link. I hope this is the young women. They and their families deserve to have a final resting place that was not chosen by the murderer.

If it is the young women, I hope this murderer confesses and pleads guilty to save the families from more heartache.

I have never been mushroom hunting, but do you just walk around and look for them or is there some digging to do? Wonder how he located the bodies, were they completely buried or was this a shallow type grave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong