Did Darlie Routier murder her precious sons? Part 2

Did Darlie Routier Murder Her Precious Sons ?

• Total voters
I have followed this case in great detail for some time.

While I do believe both Darlie and Darrin are guilty, I'm shocked she hasn't implicated her husband.

She doesn't seem the type to go under the bus for someone.

Or, the whole thing was an insurance scam (as they were having big money problems) and when her lies didn't work, she decided to stick with them?

Someone had to plant the sock, and Darrin had no blood on him, meaning he could go plant the sock without leaving a trace of blood.

I am interested in why you feel that Darrin is guilty as well. Do you think he helped cover after the fact ?

This case not only saddens my heart but it is so sickening to even read about. So hard to believe humans can do this but unfortunately they can.

I have always been suspicious of Darlie's story of Darrin sleeping through all of this. That's why I am interested in your opinion as to why he is also likely guilty.

Thanks in advance,

Someone had to plant the sock. However it could've been Darlie as Forensic Files pointed to the fact she had no blood on her feet and no glass cuts / damage as "she ran around" pointing to the fact the glass had been broken after the murder. Also, the Routier family were living beyond their means - both parents had expensive tastes. While Darrin I don't believe committed the murder, he has to know what really happened at the very least.

Someone had to plant the sock. However it could've been Darlie as Forensic Files pointed to the fact she had no blood on her feet and no glass cuts / damage as "she ran around" pointing to the fact the glass had been broken after the murder. Also, the Routier family were living beyond their means - both parents had expensive tastes. While Darrin I don't believe committed the murder, he has to know what really happened at the very least.
Thanks. You make great points.

I can't seem to accept that Darrin slept through all of this.

I appreciate your post !

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

I appreciate your post !

I think he could have slept through it. Stabbing two little boys is a pretty silent way to kill, especially if they were sleeping when she did it. After that it was just staging.

I came downstairs the other day and my cats had knocked down a glass candle holder or two (or likely one that fell against the other). At any rate, they shattered against the table and must have made some noise when they broke. The table was only a foot or two a way from the stair landing, so really close to the stairs and my place is quite small compared to the Routier home. I heard nothing and I am a very, very light sleeper. So I wouldn't think breaking glass and moving the vacuum cleaner around was all that noisy.

However, while I don't believe he was involved (there is no way Darlie would not have thrown him under the bus), and do think it is possible he slept through the whole thing, I definitely believe he figured it out fairly early. It did not take a rocket scientist. He then chose to either willfully deny what he knew to be true, or knew and covered for her.
Both are despicable, knowingly covering being far worse.

In the end his covering for her, if that's what he was trying to do, didn't work since she got the ultimate penalty.

First time to post about Darlie Routier. How did she get the death penalty? What was the specific charges that she was found guilty of? (and yes, I think she is guilty.)

I live in Texas and I know that one can get the death penalty for: 1) killing a police officer and 2) murdering someone while committing another crime such as robbery or rape.

But how did Darlie get the death penalty?

Anyone know when her execution date is? And why there is a delay?

First time to post about Darlie Routier. How did she get the death penalty? What was the specific charges that she was found guilty of? (and yes, I think she is guilty.)

I live in Texas and I know that one can get the death penalty for: 1) killing a police officer and 2) murdering someone while committing another crime such as robbery or rape.

I'm going to answer my own question. She was charged with capital murder. In Texas, if you murder someone under 10 years old, then that's what you can be charged with.

I think the state was smart in trying her for one murder and having the other one as a backup. Too bad that the state can only execute her once.

She's guilty. Darin and her mother know it. If she keeps pointing to Darin now, he will tell what he knows about that night.

That's more or less what I've been believing too. That Darin knew. Why? Because of the huge argument and the threats that had been made that night. The Devil went down to Georgia that night, IMO. It was a huge knock down drag out fight. Darlie had been taking diet pills, which are known to induce psychosis if taken for an extended period of time. Then we have Darin threatening Darlie with taking the boys.

Then Darlie was stewing on the sofa , but then at some point she began planning it that way. In her drug induced psychotic depressed rage... That's what she did.

She went into a rage... It was a perfect storm. The drugs, the depression, the marital conflicts, the financial woes.... Which conglomerated in the **** hitting the fan, so to speak.

I've always said the diet pills were the catalysts. But there was much more going on than that. It was the perfect storm. JMO

I keep wondering about the execution date as well. It's beyond what most dates are. I keep thinking that it's because the state's going to turn it over to LWOP. But why are they waiting? I just wish they'd do something and get done with it. It's really ridiculous. If she's not going to get the DP, just say so, for God's sake. Politics, :gaah:

I appreciate your post !

why? stabbing two sleeping boys wouldn't make a whole lot of noise to alert Darin. They investigated Darin and in fact he was the first suspect but he was cleared by the investigation.

I keep wondering about the execution date as well. It's beyond what most dates are. I keep thinking that it's because the state's going to turn it over to LWOP. But why are they waiting? I just wish they'd do something and get done with it. It's really ridiculous. If she's not going to get the DP, just say so, for God's sake. Politics, :gaah:

She wouldn't get LWOP if she is somehow magically commuted. Since her crime was committed prior to that legislation, she would be eligible for parole after 40 years.

Murdering a child under six, at that time, carried the death penalty. that's why she was only tried for Damon's murder.

No, no one knows what the delay is. I do know her appeals started much later than normal due to the transcript debacle.

She knows better than to blatantly lie to say Darin did it because, pressed against the wall, he might have to tell what he knows about all that she did that night. IMO she is 100% guilty.

I keep going back and forth on this depending what book or article I read. I want a new trial that I can watch!

I keep going back and forth on this depending what book or article I read. I want a new trial that I can watch!

Never going to happen, unless of course they try for Devon's murder. She's lost every single appeal and now with the latest DNA results she's closer to the needle.

I think he could have slept through it. Stabbing two little boys is a pretty silent way to kill, especially if they were sleeping when she did it. After that it was just staging.

I came downstairs the other day and my cats had knocked down a glass candle holder or two (or likely one that fell against the other). At any rate, they shattered against the table and must have made some noise when they broke. The table was only a foot or two a way from the stair landing, so really close to the stairs and my place is quite small compared to the Routier home. I heard nothing and I am a very, very light sleeper. So I wouldn't think breaking glass and moving the vacuum cleaner around was all that noisy.

However, while I don't believe he was involved (there is no way Darlie would not have thrown him under the bus), and do think it is possible he slept through the whole thing, I definitely believe he figured it out fairly early. It did not take a rocket scientist. He then chose to either willfully deny what he knew to be true, or knew and covered for her.
Both are despicable, knowingly covering being far worse.

I believe he knew right away she had done it. She is trying to justify herself on the 911 call but she loses it and angrily declares "someone just walked in here and intentionally did Darin." I also believe he chose to stand by her and lied his head off for her at trial. I don't think he was involved in the murders but if he helped by getting rid of evidence, he too should be in the state pen.

Never going to happen, unless of course they try for Devon's murder. She's lost every single appeal and now with the latest DNA results she's closer to the needle.

Just tragic all around...I mean you know the why...But seriously why to resort to this...Never worth it.

Think I might be the odd one out here but imo Darlie did not kill her children. If the jury had seen her defensive wounds, pretty sure they could not have convicted her. No way imo, seeing the inside of her arms from wrist to armpit nearly black with bruising and cuts, she could have done that to herself and then cut her own throat to within a mil or so of the carotid.

Her sin was behaving inappropriately at her boys gravesites but how many times must we be told by psychologists that the processes of grief and shock makes people do and say things that uninvested bystanders judge as unseemly and Darlie was judged harshly.

If there was no intruder, it must have been Darin. An intruder is also very possible imo, we know Tommy Lyn Sells was active in Texas in that era. It happens. The Golden State Killer murdered people without always sexually assaulting the female of the house, that he may have killed couples and families in other states is being explored by investigators now.

Think I might be the odd one out here but imo Darlie did not kill her children. If the jury had seen her defensive wounds, pretty sure they could not have convicted her. No way imo, seeing the inside of her arms from wrist to armpit nearly black with bruising and cuts, she could have done that to herself and then cut her own throat to within a mil or so of the carotid.

Her sin was behaving inappropriately at her boys gravesites but how many times must we be told by psychologists that the processes of grief and shock makes people do and say things that uninvested bystanders judge as unseemly and Darlie was judged harshly.

If there was no intruder, it must have been Darin. An intruder is also very possible imo, we know Tommy Lyn Sells was active in Texas in that era. It happens. The Golden State Killer murdered people without always sexually assaulting the female of the house, that he may have killed couples and families in other states is being explored by investigators now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back