Belize - Francesca Matus, 52, & Drew De Voursney, 36, murdered, Corozal, 25 Apr 2017

Missing Canadian woman's vehicle found in Belize
May 1, 2017

Snipped...
...The U.S. State Department also said they’re aware of reports of an American citizen missing in Belize.

“The welfare of U.S. citizens is one of the Department’s highest priorities. We stand ready to provide all possible consular assistance. Due to privacy considerations, we have no further comment at this time,” they said in an emailed statement to CTVNews.ca on Monday.

image.jpg

So the vehicle was found walking distance to town. That opens up all sorts of scenarios, including that it was possible for one person to have caused their disappearance.
The drive to Consejo is a straight run up 4th Ave and out of town. Where could they have run into trouble?

I looked up one variety store (Mo's) and it is only open late morning and into the afternoon. No late evening hours. Are the gas stations open late? Is there somewhere else they could have stopped?
Where was there car parked relative to Scotty's? Was in eyesight of the bar? Could something have happened right at the parking lot/parking spot as they got in the vehicle?

Im going to rant for this post, ignore if you want.

The whole advisory for visitors rather annoys me. People from 1st world country need to realize that when traveling to third world countries, things will not be the same.
Yes, the third world category affects all aspect of the country, including crime.
End of rant.

Im hoping Francesca & Drew are found safe.

Not good at all....the possibilities here are so frightening. An accident would have been easier to take.☹

Im going to rant for this post, ignore if you want.

The whole advisory for visitors rather annoys me. People from 1st world country need to realize that when traveling to third world countries, things will not be the same.
Yes, the third world category affects all aspect of the country, including crime.
End of rant.

Im hoping Francesca & Drew are found safe.

I am always amazed when travelling to hear tourists complaining constantly about nearly everything. I don't understand what people are expecting from some of these poor third world countries. :facepalm:

Saw this case on the news this evening. It sure is looking bleak for this couple. :(

Forgive me if this has already been addressed but how long has the couple been together? Did they meet in Belize? Were they both returning to their respective home towns?

I am always amazed when travelling to hear tourists complaining constantly about nearly everything. I don't understand what people are expecting from some of these poor third world countries. :facepalm:

Montezuma's revenge? Yes. Less than 5 star accommodations? Sure. Crazy driving taxi service? Uh-huh. Mugging? Possibly. But nobody expects to become a victim of what is looking more and more like kidnapping, possibly murder.

I don't think that anyone assumes that 3rd world means very high crime rate with 3% solved, but that is the problem in Belize.

Just read they've been found deceased in Chan Chen village. I can't remember which Facebook page I saw this on in order to post the link. Anyone else see it? Help!

Edit: Found it but the post was removed. Sorry folks. I jumped the gun.

Saw this case on the news this evening. It sure is looking bleak for this couple. :(

Forgive me if this has already been addressed but how long has the couple been together? Did they meet in Belize? Were they both returning to their respective home towns?

I read that they had met last year sometime and they had been dating for 3-4 months or so. She was due to fly back to Canada the next day after they were at the bar and Drew was due to return home this week.

2-3 months ... met in Belize.
She was returning to hometown Toronto, he was to return to hometown in Atlanta May 4.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back