OR OR - Daniel Oberg, 28, Lane County, 22 April 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing: Sweet Home man never returned from camping trip; car found abandoned

According to a Lane County Sheriff's Office report, Oberg was going camping with a friend or two, and may have dogs with him.

Family reported him missing when he hadn't returned by April 25.

Authorities found Oberg's car abandoned in the Marcola area and searched nearby, but have yet to locate him.

Daniel is a white male, 28 years old 6'0" tall, 160 pounds Medium length brown hair, short beard

http://katu.com/news/local/missing-...eturned-from-camping-trip-car-found-abandoned
e3bafa2b74e9b583c4ba0b1488e20755.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Seems like a very positive and spiritual guy. Where are you at Daniel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contrary to early reports, Daniel's dad has posted to Lane County Sheriff's Office FB page that Daniel did not go camping and all his camping gear is still home (but his fishing poles are gone).
https://www.facebook.com/LaneCounty...1385044541542022&comment_tracking={"tn":"R1"}

Also, according to this article:
"Daniel Oberg spoke with his father at about 7:30 a.m. Sunday and has not been heard from since, the father, Kenneth Oberg said Friday.
According to the Sheriff's Office, Oberg may be traveling with one or two other adult males and may have a white pit bull dog with him as well as a younger dog [one of which has been found, as per article posted by doodles].
Kenneth Oberg said it has been established that Daniel Oberg was in Safeway at 12:43 p.m. Sunday, April 23, 'with one kid' and walked out of the store with two other young men.
One could be Shaun Larsen, a former Sweet Home resident and a friend of his son, he said, adding that Larsen's mother told him she had not heard from her son in several days."
https://www.facebook.com/sweethomenews/posts/1704325792918173 (BBM)
(Sorry for posting the FB link only; if you go to the publisher's website, there is a paywall)

Interestingly, though, Mr. Larsen posted in the comment section on May 1st.

(I hope that it's OK to bring this up since his name is included in the article -if not, mods, please delete-, but there are a couple of things about SM's FB page that I find troubling ...).

Worried about Daniel and hoping that nothing bad has happened to him ....

Is Sweet Home the name of a town or geographic region? Or is it a place?

So it sounds like he's from Sweet Home but was in Lane County in the Eugene/Springfield area... Marcola is a both a small town outside Springfield as well as a street in Springfield. There are 2 Safeway stores in thinking which could be they're referring to...One on Pioneer Parkway and Q street and the other farther out on main street and about 56th street I think, which I'm guessing is the one referred to but could be either really.

Marcola is the little rural area where Diane Downs shot her children before taking them the to McKenzie Willamette hospital in Springfield.

I hope this guy is found safe soon.

Are the people that he was with talking? Were they all located (except DO)? In the comments sections of the FB postings people "in the know" keep getting brought up. Sounds like strange happenings going on and people know more than what is being said out loud.

According to the "find Danny oberg" FB page and "Help find Misa!!" (a FB page set up in an effort to find Misa, one of the dogs Daniel is believed to have had with him when he went missing) was found yesterday.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1666329306725731/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/169625396900485/

Misa was found near mile marker 13 of Marcola Rd near the location Daniel's car was recovered on
April 25th, just hours after he was reported missing, on an access road near mile MM 13 of Marcola Rd. Daniel's sister spotted Misa while driving in the Marcola area near MM 13 yesterday. She had a trap brought in by a dog search/rescue group she had been working with, and once it arrived, she and two people from the rescue organization went for a walk. When they came back, Misa was sitting next to the vehicle ...:heartbeat:.

It looks like Daniel's dad is going to take her back and see if she can help find Daniel once she is well rested :tears:.

The second dog, Misa's puppy Koda, was found by a farmer near MM 12 on May 3rd, and has been staying with Daneil's dad.

It sounds like almost all search activities are being carried out by friends and family at this point, while the Lane County Sheriff's Department continues to investigate the case.

Some interesting posts on the FB page of the person who has been identified by MSM (link posted in my last post) as possibly being one of the men Daniel was with when last seen. Among the many memes posted is one from a couple days ago with text that reads, "If I got arrested, what would you think I did?" ... :thinking:.

Any local Lane or Linn County Oregon members with ATVs? Who are willing to help with a missing person search? This group is looking for help searching for Danny Oberg in the Marcola Oregon area tomorrow, Saturday, 5/20/17. They need to search the higher ridges. The Lane County search and rescue are going to search with their volunteers down where the mother dog was recently found . Please see group below for more info.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1666329306725731/

Any news?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Interesting comments made by his father on the Find Danny page in the last couple days... Worth reading.

EDIT: Read ALL the comments on the last status made. Gets very interesting.

The Find Danny fb seems now to be a closed group

The Find Danny fb seems now to be a closed group

Why would you have a closed group FB page on a missing person? Wouldn't you want everyone to be able to join and share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that both of his dogs were found roaming leads me to believe that Daniel is not with us anymore. :(

Whether accident or foul play idk but I would lean towards foul play.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back