Identified! NJ - Atlantic Highlands, WhtFem 15-20, UP1458, Skeletal on hillside, Dec'88 - Nancy Carol Fitzgerald

My classes ruled out Karen Kamsch. I teach forensic science. We ruled it out a few years ago. We did a photoshop of their jaw lines and they matched almost perfectly....But not their DNA

Has Brenda Crowley ever been checked against this Doe? She was supposedly last seen sometime in February or March 1980 (sometimes listed as 1979), but it's possible she went missing well before that; she was expelled for truancy in February 1980 and while she may have had issues with attendance beforehand, it's also entirely possible that her disappearance might have caused her to stop attending school for a long enough stretch of time for her to be expelled for that alone. There is uncertainty about her case, including exactly when Brenda disappeared as she apparently was either not reported missing right away or wasn't taken seriously and was eventually purged. Her absence wasn't discovered until approximately a year after the fact when her mother was murdered, but she wasn't officially reported/re-reported missing until 1994. Brenda was 15 or 16, has dark blonde/light brown hair and either blue/green or hazel/brown eyes, and is listed as being between 5'4"-5'6" and weighing 110-130 pounds; keep in mind those are estimations made years later in 1994. Also, she is missing from Staten Island, NY which is only about 30 miles from Atlantic Highlands http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/crowley_brenda.html.

NamUs says the shoes were an 8 1/2 while Doe says 6 1/2.
NamUs says she died 1980-1988 while Doe says 1973 - 1978
Will ask the case worker to clarify when she gets back to me

Welcome to WS!

No; she has not gotten back to me on a few things I emailed about. She told me she was giving it straight to NJ State Police; yet I have not seen any of the case corrections done.

Just looked at the email, she contacted Donna Fontana about adding the pic I sent but never answered me on the shoe size or year killed. Donna Fontana is the one that entered the case.

Shoes are still showing as 8 1/2. Does anyone remember when they went out of style? I remember wearing Capezio's in the early 80's, Chinese slippers, bamboo thong flip flops, chunky heel snake skin boots. Been trying to remember because Doe Net says she died between 1973 and 1978 which is probably more accurate for the shoes.

NamUs UP # 1458
Doe net link

attachment.php

18 Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Carol Donn 1963 Florida
Margaret Fox 1960 New Jersey
Brenda Green 1972 Alabama
Lorraine Herbster 1962 New Jersey
Sandra Hopler 1955 Pennsylvania
Karen KAMSCH 1962 Maryland
Michelle Lakey 1974 Pennsylvania
Charlotte Loomis 1958 New Jersey
Judy Martins 1955 Ohio
Tammie McCormick 1972 New York
Audrey Nerenberg 1958 New York
Judith O'Donnell 1961 New York
Robyn Pettinatto 1960 New Jersey
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Patricia Seelbaugh 1956 Pennsylvania
Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
Sheryl Tillinghast 1956 New York
Karen Zendrosky 1963 New Jersey

Attachments

• Shoes.jpg
    Shoes.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 199
Shoes are still showing as 8 1/2. Does anyone remember when they went out of style? I remember wearing Capezio's in the early 80's, Chinese slippers, bamboo thong flip flops, chunky heel snake skin boots. Been trying to remember because Doe Net says she died between 1973 and 1978 which is probably more accurate for the shoes.

NamUs UP # 1458
Doe net link

attachment.php

18 Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Carol Donn 1963 Florida
Margaret Fox 1960 New Jersey
Brenda Green 1972 Alabama
Lorraine Herbster 1962 New Jersey
Sandra Hopler 1955 Pennsylvania
Karen KAMSCH 1962 Maryland
Michelle Lakey 1974 Pennsylvania
Charlotte Loomis 1958 New Jersey
Judy Martins 1955 Ohio
Tammie McCormick 1972 New York
Audrey Nerenberg 1958 New York
Judith O'Donnell 1961 New York
Robyn Pettinatto 1960 New Jersey
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Patricia Seelbaugh 1956 Pennsylvania
Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
Sheryl Tillinghast 1956 New York
Karen Zendrosky 1963 New Jersey

Was there ever any confirmation that Jan Cotta was definitively ruled out as well?

Just to make sure everyone knows, Jan Cotta was ruled out as being this UID. She isn't listed via NamUs because she was not compared through it, this was done before it was created. It's good to know that and finally have it settled ,though Jan is still missing and AHJD doesn't have her own name back; even when there's no match made at least we can include one more missing person that we know a UID *isn't* and that individual's family can be confident they haven't found their answers yet and need to keep looking.

Just to make sure everyone knows, Jan Cotta was ruled out as being this UID. She isn't listed via NamUs because she was not compared through it, this was done before it was created. It's good to know that and finally have it settled ,though Jan is still missing and AHJD doesn't have her own name back; even when there's no match made at least we can include one more missing person that we know a UID *isn't* and that individual's family can be confident they haven't found their answers yet and need to keep looking.

Ms. Reed from Namus did send me a message today that Jan Cotta was indeed excluded for this Jane Doe. She is going to put her on the rule-out list for this Jane Doe, she told me, as she has enough documentation.

Ms. Reed from Namus did send me a message today that Jan Cotta was indeed excluded for this Jane Doe. She is going to put her on the rule-out list for this Jane Doe, she told me, as she has enough documentation.

That's good, they were probably getting Jan sent in at least once a week before.

Maybe a long shot, but possibly Kathy Sue Wilcox http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilcox_kathy.html? She likely was a runaway, at least in the beginning. At the time of her disappearance in 1972 she was 15 years old, 5'4" tall and 130 pounds, and had dark brown hair and gray eyes. She has previously fractured her legs and toes, but it's believed that the injuries may not show up on X-rays. Her dental condition is unknown as she had never been to a dentist and has no records available as a result. Side-by-sides of KSW and AHJD: Kathy Wilcox 1.jpgAtlantic Highlands Jane Doe.jpg.

Jan Cotta and Rosemary Calandriello are now listed as rule outs.

Full list of rule outs as of 09/12/17:
  • Lynn Burdick 1964 Massachusetts
  • Rosemary Callendriello 1952 New Jersey
  • Jan Cotta 1954 New Jersey
  • Carol Donn 1963 Florida
  • Margaret Fox 1960 New Jersey
  • Brenda Green 1972 Alabama
  • Lorraine Herbster 1962 New Jersey
  • Sandra Hopler 1955 Pennsylvania
  • Karen Kamsch 1962 Maryland
  • Tracy King 1960 Pennsylvania
  • Rhonda Labbe 1956 Massachusetts
  • Michelle Lakey 1974 Pennsylvania
  • Charlotte Loomis 1958 New Jersey
  • Judy Martins 1955 Ohio
  • Tammie McCormick 1972 New York
  • Audrey Nerenberg 1958 New York
  • Judith O'Donnell 1961 New York
  • Robyn Pettinatto 1960 Montana**
  • Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
  • Patricia Seelbaugh 1956 Pennsylvania
  • Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
  • Sheryl Tillinghast 1956 New York
  • Karen Zendrosky 1963 New Jersey
**Incorrectly listed as New Jersey.

Full list of rule outs as of 09/12/17:
  • Lynn Burdick 1964 Massachusetts
  • Rosemary Callendriello 1952 New Jersey
  • Jan Cotta 1954 New Jersey
  • Carol Donn 1963 Florida
  • Margaret Fox 1960 New Jersey
  • Brenda Green 1972 Alabama
  • Lorraine Herbster 1962 New Jersey
  • Sandra Hopler 1955 Pennsylvania
  • Karen Kamsch 1962 Maryland
  • Tracy King 1960 Pennsylvania
  • Rhonda Labbe 1956 Massachusetts
  • Michelle Lakey 1974 Pennsylvania
  • Charlotte Loomis 1958 New Jersey
  • Judy Martins 1955 Ohio
  • Tammie McCormick 1972 New York
  • Audrey Nerenberg 1958 New York
  • Judith O'Donnell 1961 New York
  • Robyn Pettinatto 1960 Montana**
  • Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
  • Patricia Seelbaugh 1956 Pennsylvania
  • Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
  • Sheryl Tillinghast 1956 New York
  • Karen Zendrosky 1963 New Jersey
**Incorrectly listed as New Jersey.[/QUOT

Good to see Jan Cotta is added to the list finally.

Barbara Bruno may have gone to New York City after her disappearance, approximately 50 miles from Atlantic Highlands. Submitted.

Another possibility: Brenda Davidson http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davidson_brenda.html vanished shortly before her 14th birthday. Her height of 5'7" tall is over the estimated range but is within three inches. It's thought that she might have run away as she had allegedly spoken about wanting to shortly before she went missing and was possibly seen buying a bus ticket that afternoon. However, there's been no sign of her since 1974.

http://canyouidentifyme.blogspot.nl/2013/01/the-disco-age-and-sandy-hook-bay.html

Parts of the text:

Platform shoes and knee-high acrylic socks were the rage. Nightclubs, loud music, gin fizzes, piña coladas, loud clothes, and dancing all night long--yep, those were the days. Those were the disco days.

I may have died earlier than 1980, possibly during the disco rage in the mid-1970s. They don’t know for certain. Here comes the hardest part--they don’t know my name.

My profile data says I could have been anywhere from 15 to 18 years old, possibly up to 30 years old. I stood 5 feet tall, but possibly up to 5 feet and 3 inches. I might have weighed 100 pounds, but possibly up to 120 pounds. I was wearing brown platform sandals, knee-high acrylic socks, and a long sleeved grey-and-red nylon laced top.

The stats are at least confusing.......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back