Finding Jacob Wetterling - The 27-Year Investigation From Kidnapping to Conclusion

so what is the connection between Jared's abduction and Jacob's abduction?.......evidentially?

There's a leap somewhere....I must have missed it.

cGorg, in the other thread, aren't you talking about moving on now that the case is solved?

Yet here you have an octuple-post. Calm down! :)

so what is the connection between Jared's abduction and Jacob's abduction?.......evidentially?

Early investigators referred to this as a "sure link" between the cases. Apparently it was that the abductor grabbed the genital areas in both cases. It was also a link to some of the Paynesville cases. LE sought to keep this information close to the vest, but the reality was many people who followed the case closely knew about this for years.

Early investigators referred to this as a "sure link" between the cases. Apparently it was that the abductor grabbed the genital areas in both cases. It was also a link to some of the Paynesville cases. LE sought to keep this information close to the vest, but the reality was many people who followed the case closely knew about this for years.

There were no leaks about it apparently. Nothing on the net or here on WS reported the info. Strange

cGorg, in the other thread, aren't you talking about moving on now that the case is solved?

Yet here you have an octuple

Uff Da! You are right! Thx for the wake up call....I need to follow my own advice and let it go and move on.

That's circumstantial.....isn't it? Where's the physical connection? Somehow....LE made the connection. Where is the physical evidence?

Yet here you have an octuple

Uff Da! You are right! Thx for the wake up call....I need to follow my own advice and let it go and move on.

But I won't.....something still isn't right. I think we can let it go and move beyond Jacob's abduction + murder.....but there's something beyond that........

Vehicles & prints ....carpet fibers matched the vehicle Heinrich had when he abducted Jared and his latest vehicle and foot prints matched the scene at the driveway..to the naked eye anyway. Here is a decent timeline highlighting some of this.
http://www.kare11.com/news/crime/heinrich
Thank You. That's my point. They had that in 1989...and your extensive link demonstrates the circumstantial + physical site + vehicle evidence against Heinrich.....and apparently that wasn't enough. How much more does one need to know at the very least to focus on this individual? Apparently not enough...as the case went quiet in 1991. So I ask again....what else was there in 2012 to connect Heinrich to Jacob's abduction? There must have been something similar to the DNA evidence in Jared's case....otherwise what leverage did LE have? Child *advertiser censored* on his computer? Maybe that's it? So it was a waiting game and a calculated risk. ......and then negotiating? IDK...but seems to me the 1989 evidence had enough power for leverage...and the leverage wasn't employed until 2012. Just a thought. I think that is all that remains for me....for wondering.

So...if LE had the presence of mind to test Aaron's + Trevor's pants....would that yield a physical DNA sample?

So...if LE had the presence of mind to test Aaron's + Trevor's pants....would that yield a physical DNA sample?

I doubt if there was anything on Trevor's pants to test. It would be touch DNA and how long would that last?

I doubt if there was anything on Trevor's pants to test. It would be touch DNA and how long would that last?

Point taken- but.....How do you know? That's just your opinion. They had Jared's case almost a year before....with DNA evidence taken. And Paynesville behavioral + DNA evidence....AND-they had the "sure link"......aahhh...well.....it's all a moot point......they screwed the pooch. What can one do? Nothing

The document release is coming very soon. Even with the case solved I'll probably wade through the out of curiosity

The document release is coming very soon. Even with the case solved I'll probably wade through the out of curiosity

Me too, What is the hold up? Thought it was done in March?

Me too, What is the hold up? Thought it was done in March?

It's a big job, 20,000 documents or something like that. Also, they've been busy working another long term case! :)

Will this all be available in one place online? If not, how can one obatain a copy?

Will this all be available in one place online? If not, how can one obatain a copy?

I just listened to an interview with Janelle Kendall and she said the entire file will be posted on Stearns County website "soon" (no date given).

I too cannot completely let this case go. It is solved, so why do we hang on? Most of us put a lot of time and effort into reviewing what evidence we could dredge up. It became part of our waking (and in some cases, sleeping) life. When we looked at other cases and how they were solved, we looked to see if there were parallels. Now we are going back and doing "root cause analysis" in an attempt to learn from this experience as we move into new and different cases. I am hot into the case I have been working on for 29 years, Lauren P Jackson. Everything I have developed just went to the County DA and Detectives. Now that I have done all I can, I have to wait and see if the experts can move this cold case forward to a resolve. I feel like I have lost a part of myself handing off all my work, but it has to be done. Just like we did here. I guess I will be off to look for a missing Centre County PA District Attorney and my new found passion for Forensic Metal Detecting. At some point we all have to close the book, but keep Jacob in our hearts. Part of him is now with all of us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back