FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could accept this if the motivation for the crime began with robbery. At this point, I don't think robbery was the motive. I'm always open to changing my mind, though.

Plans in the developmental stage for work? She was very intelligent. Or perhaps they wanted nothing at all--just got their jollys rumaging through her things after they finished with her.

Personally, I think it speaks more to the blurriness and distortion from the very old camera, than to the truth of the matter.

If robbery was not a factor, then why take anything other than the phones? Curiosity? Attempt to make it look like a robbery? Of course, getting off on going through her stuff after they were done - that is one cool and confident person (or very dumb) to believe they are someplace where they won't be seen and take that additional time. As far as the video I believe it should be processed again - has science advanced enough to do something else?

OK, I can see someone taking the purse - money, credit cards, etc. But take the briefcase and not the DVD player? If anything could easily have been pawned or sold that was it. And if so, who would have noticed it missing? Maybe Rob, but the initial assumption might be that she took it and it was in the apartment somewhere.

Why the briefcase? What could have been in there that someone would want?

I just finished watching the latest ID Discovery episode on this, "Girl Interrupted" and Joyce Kesse's first impression of the HOTG surveillance video was the person was an adolescent. That is a different viewpoint I had not considered given the height of the POI. That is so new to me I can't imagine a scenario.

I believe the missing briefcase points to a coworker more than anything.....Like you say, why the briefcase? Did the briefcase possibly contain something that she was going to present at the meeting she was to attend on Tuesday am? Could this "something" have implicated this person in some sort of wrongdoing at the company that could get him fired?

Perhaps it is nothing more than her briefcase was in her car if she went somewhere after speaking to Rob and it was kept as a trophy or perhaps it was a valuable briefcase that could have been sold....

To me the missing contacts do not point either to an am or pm abduction.....If we consider that she was abducted in the morning she would have put the contacts in before leaving.....If we consider a pm abduction , she had not had the opportunity to take them out....

I know that she told Rob she was tired and was in bed or getting ready to go to bed but still, she could have changed her mind and gone out....Drew said that she was "blind" without her contacts or glasses ....I believe that I read somewhere that her glasses (that she kept at the bedside while sleeping) were in the bathroom....Had she gotten up that morning with them on and placed them there ? Or, did she unpack them and leave them in the bathroom until she went to bed later?

Truth Prevails posted: "I also can't help but thinking that if in all this time the images never resulted in one decent tip, then there is something seriously wrong with the images. Even images rendered by sketch artists result in a ton of tips--why not these images? I don't get it at all."

Because the only publicity about these images (however little of it there was) was that the person is 5'3" to 5'5" with a hairknot (or whatever).

There was no publicity about the face I found, no decent publicity about possibility of person being of greater height, although I did run across a news article posted here a few years ago where Orlando Police said they would not rule out the POI was up to about 5'11". I found that very encouraging. I hadn't seen an encouraging statement like that from them in a long time. (And of course I miss a lot too, was glad to see that.)
Well, I don't think you miss much, but that's just my opinion. :)

You know, I'm surprised that there was little publicity. I didn't really realize that. I discovered these forums in about 2008, so by then the video had been released and the case discussion itself seemed to be getting some traffic. I guess I just assumed it was more wide spread.

Another thing that seems to have made LE believe the POI was on the short side was the driver's seat in Jenn's vehicle--it was pulled ahead of where she kept it set. Instead of at least contemplating the thought that he had plenty of time to pull the seat ahead after parking it, they seemed to become more focused on making him ridiculously short to match the obviously distorted images.

Never had I heard about the face image that you have brought to light. I always heard that he never turned around--but lo and behold--we have evidence that he did.

If robbery was not a factor, then why take anything other than the phones? Curiosity? Attempt to make it look like a robbery? Of course, getting off on going through her stuff after they were done - that is one cool and confident person (or very dumb) to believe they are someplace where they won't be seen and take that additional time. As far as the video I believe it should be processed again - has science advanced enough to do something else?
As my thoughts remain "unsettled" as to how the perpetrator found the opportunity to abduct Jennifer, I think in the comment you are referring to I was contemplating the idea that Jenn went out on her own on the evening of the 23rd.

Maybe Jenn was close to getting a call for help placed, and he got angry enough to strip the cell phones of their SIM cards and decided he would pitch her purse and briefcase in case she had something else helpful towards an escape in either one. (Here I am assuming her briefcase was in the car because she hadn't taken it up to her condo after arriving home.)

I know that leaves a big question mark concerning the DVD player strapped in the back seat. Maybe he didn't want to get back there and risk leaving finger prints on the seat belts; or having a loose hair fall out; or something like that. Less to clean and worry about if he never even went back there.

I believe this guy was cool, confident, and intelligent, plus he wanted to make sure everyone else knew these things about him.

That's a great idea about getting the video enhanced again with today's technology. Something must have advanced in 11 years. I think photography might be one of those strange fields where limitations due to the original equipment may always exist. It couldn't hurt to try, though.

To me the missing contacts do not point either to an am or pm abduction.....If we consider that she was abducted in the morning she would have put the contacts in before leaving.....If we consider a pm abduction , she had not had the opportunity to take them out....

I know that she told Rob she was tired and was in bed or getting ready to go to bed but still, she could have changed her mind and gone out....
Absolutely. And the third option is she could have put them back in if she decided to go out on the evening of the 23rd. It only takes a minute. Once you're used to them, your eyes don't water or anything.

Drew said that she was "blind" without her contacts or glasses ....I believe that I read somewhere that her glasses (that she kept at the bedside while sleeping) were in the bathroom....Had she gotten up that morning with them on and placed them there ? Or, did she unpack them and leave them in the bathroom until she went to bed later?
Either could work. Also, if she made a decision to go out that evening, it would make perfect sense that her glasses were found in the bathroom. That's exactly what a person would do--set their glasses on the counter, plop in their contacts, leave the glasses right there so that when they got home and removed their contacts, their glasses would be handy. Then, when they got into bed, they would take their glasses off and set them on the bedside table--at the ready and easy to find in the morning.

<modsnip>

As the phones are such a strong possible clue , what other reasons could there be for them going "off"? Rd jfc makes a great point re water immersion , but only 40 minutes after speaking freely on her land line is the puzzle!
40 minutes--that could be considered a fair amount of time. The cell phones may have been one of the very first things he disabled.

If we choose to discount the ping or pings, he could have been hiding in Jennifer's condo as she talked to Rob. He could have been just waiting for her to go to sleep so that he could easily subdue her.

"around noon" I have to say is within realm of driving time from Americana at noon to Ocoee.
If very close to noon is within the realm of coordinated alibi.
Just sayin. That's all I have to say on it.

If this were the case, wouldn't you think he would have to be intellectually challenged or have a drug riddled brain, perhaps?

Hardly a trace was found in the car, (at least as far as we know). He drove it from somewhere; parked it just so, so; spent 32 seconds sitting inside it quite possibly wiping the steering wheel, etc.; he exited and walked away calmly so as not to draw attention to himself. And--amazingly--managed to have his face masked by the fence post every time the camera was able to snap. Except when he knew he was far enough away, because he did turn--but only when the distance was so great that all we can see is a ghost shaped image for a face.

Coincidence? Luck? I don't know--but he sounds rather skilled to me.

I'd say if he is not the actual perpetrator, he knows a whole lot about what actually happened to Jennifer Kesse.

Lets say he was someone who wanted to stay under the radar for other reasons like a criminal past or hung out with folks who were "undesirables" gang members or that sort. Or someone who he had respect for asked him to do a favor. He was careful with "this persons car" made sure it was parked straight , made sure he didn't leave anything in it when leaving and walked away without a care in the world. To say he carefully avoided that camera imo doesn't fly. Most people couldn't plan to walk the way he did to "intentionally" avoid the camera (which I bet he never knew was there). Of course it's all just spitballing...

I've been following Jennifer's case for a while now. It seems unlikely to me that she went out anywhere on Monday night after 10pm when she had to work the next day. After all, she was tired from her trip that weekend, then had to get up extra early to drive from Ft Lauderdale to her job and work all day. If it were me, even if I was 24, there would be no way I'd go anywhere once I got home. It's been mentioned that maybe she went to drop the friend's phone off at Fedex that night, but that wouldn't make any sense because it still would go out until the next day anyway. IMO all evidence points to her getting ready to go to work (damp shower, clothes she decided not to wear on bed, towel still damp, etc) and someone abducted her on her way to her car or getting into her car. The only thing that baffles me is both phones being powered off at 10:40pm--especially when she used hers for an alarm.

I've been following Jennifer's case for a while now. It seems unlikely to me that she went out anywhere on Monday night after 10pm when she had to work the next day. After all, she was tired from her trip that weekend, then had to get up extra early to drive from Ft Lauderdale to her job and work all day. If it were me, even if I was 24, there would be no way I'd go anywhere once I got home. It's been mentioned that maybe she went to drop the friend's phone off at Fedex that night, but that wouldn't make any sense because it still would go out until the next day anyway. IMO all evidence points to her getting ready to go to work (damp shower, clothes she decided not to wear on bed, towel still damp, etc) and someone abducted her on her way to her car or getting into her car. The only thing that baffles me is both phones being powered off at 10:40pm--especially when she used hers for an alarm.

Hi loveslabs, I used to be hung up on the 10:40 p.m. phones being powered off detail as well, until Joyce Kesse (Jennifer's mom) said on the Unconcluded podcast that that detail has never been confirmed by LE to her knowledge. According to her, LE are the only ones who knows the exact time the phones were turned off, and they have not shared that information with anyone. I know others here might feel differently, and the 10:40 rumor had to have come from *somewhere,* but I personally am 99% convinced Jennifer was taken in the morning. I think more evidence points to the morning of the 24th than the night of the 23rd. Of course if the 10:40 p.m. time was confirmed, I'd probably reconsider.

I'm in agreement with others here that at this point LE needs to release a little more of what they know. Obviously whatever strategy they've been employing up to this point hasn't worked. It's hard to balance my respect for LE with my longing for the Kesses to have answers sometimes.

As my thoughts remain "unsettled" as to how the perpetrator found the opportunity to abduct Jennifer, I think in the comment you are referring to I was contemplating the idea that Jenn went out on her own on the evening of the 23rd.

Maybe Jenn was close to getting a call for help placed, and he got angry enough to strip the cell phones of their SIM cards and decided he would pitch her purse and briefcase in case she had something else helpful towards an escape in either one. (Here I am assuming her briefcase was in the car because she hadn't taken it up to her condo after arriving home.)

I know that leaves a big question mark concerning the DVD player strapped in the back seat. Maybe he didn't want to get back there and risk leaving finger prints on the seat belts; or having a loose hair fall out; or something like that. Less to clean and worry about if he never even went back there.

I believe this guy was cool, confident, and intelligent, plus he wanted to make sure everyone else knew these things about him.

I had to settle in and read this again. First time I've seen that theory on why they abductor did not take the DVD player. Don't touch it or the surrounding area - the less you touch, the less you have to wipe down or concern yourself with leaving a hair, fiber or DNA, i.e., the KISS principle in action. And the more I think of that, the less inclined I am to believe this person was not the abductor but someone who was paid to park the car. If you have the type of person who would park the car somewhere else for a price and wipe it down, chances are you would have the type of person who would take the DVD player. As a bonus.

Although I've been a proponent of Jennifer leaving to get the phone off or to someone else such as ex-bf at mall bar, I have to take her security system not set into consideration. Just too many loose ends. So I have been considering that she went out to her car with her purse with both phones in it, possibly to drive a short distance and possibly not, and abducted at her car as is believed but at 10 at night.

The alternative is her letting someone in that she knew well, or the favorite theory of someone with a master key to her condo, and they overcame her and removed her and her purse in her car without leaving a crime scene whatsoever. I don't know, none of the possibilities really point to anyone.

Hi loveslabs, I used to be hung up on the 10:40 p.m. phones being powered off detail as well, until Joyce Kesse (Jennifer's mom) said on the Unconcluded podcast that that detail has never been confirmed by LE to her knowledge. According to her, LE are the only ones who knows the exact time the phones were turned off, and they have not shared that information with anyone. I know others here might feel differently, and the 10:40 rumor had to have come from *somewhere,* but I personally am 99% convinced Jennifer was taken in the morning. I think more evidence points to the morning of the 24th than the night of the 23rd. Of course if the 10:40 p.m. time was confirmed, I'd probably reconsider.

I'm in agreement with others here that at this point LE needs to release a little more of what they know. Obviously whatever strategy they've been employing up to this point hasn't worked. It's hard to balance my respect for LE with my longing for the Kesses to have answers sometimes.

A terrific post, expresses my sentiments as well.

I just can't see an abduction in broad daylight happening. If the security system was off that would indicate to me that maybe either she left knowing she be right back (quick trip to her car to get something) crime of opportunity occurring or maybe it was set and then turned off because she had a visitor...btw my system keeps a time log every time the codes are used.

I just can't see an abduction in broad daylight happening. If the security system was off that would indicate to me that maybe either she left knowing she be right back (quick trip to her car to get something) crime of opportunity occurring or maybe it was set and then turned off because she had a visitor...btw my system keeps a time log every time the codes are used.
January in FL, it would have been dark in the morning when she was leaving for work.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

January in FL, it would have been dark in the morning when she was leaving for work.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Exactly and construction/landscaper workers would not have arrived yet. Considering her complex was still half empy at the time, it wouldn't have been that hard. Think about Kelsey Smith who was abducted in broad daylight from a crowded Target parking lot.

I haven't been able to listen to the Podcasts, so that is good to know. It seems likely that she might have shut the friends phone off at that time, but not hers.

The shower and clothes laid out says morning abduction from the parking lot. But not necessarily a violent struggle...someone she knows, turn to speak to, and is apprehended by gun/ knife, she might not raise a commotion..."It's ok, let's talk this out..."

To the Kesse family, I'm sorry...if this is bs and you want us to stop. My take is that Police have more info that they can't release. We're all held up by info not available,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth