Second Suspect Arrested: BO DUKES

Dukes faces more indictments in Grinstead case

ABBEVILLE, GA (WALB) -
More indictments have been handed down in the ongoing case of the death of Tara Grinstead in Ocilla in 2005

Bo Dukes was indicted a week ago by a Wilcox County grand jury, on one count of concealing the death of another, one count of hindering the apprehension of a criminal, and two counts of making false statements.

He was indicted on August 26.

http://www.walb.com/story/36291404/dukes-faces-more-indictments-in-grinstead-case

Full immunity? I don't know about that—but maybe a reduced or suspended sentence.

I think he will serve a long prison sentence. It seems the DA has no sympathy for Dukes and he has been indicted on more charges by the GJ. I dont think the DA will make any deals on Dukes or Duke.

I personally feel like the roles are reversed and Bo was more involved and Ryan was the accomplis.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Why do you think this if I may ask? I believe LE has the one who murdered Tara and its Duke. Dukes seems more like a follower to me and Duke knew he could get Bo to assist him after he murdered Tara.

Why do you think this if I may ask? I believe LE has the one who murdered Tara and its Duke. Dukes seems more like a follower to me and Duke knew he could get Bo to assist him after he murdered Tara.

I totally disagree. Bo was obviously a smooth talking but still problem child from a early age. IMO Ryan was never the smooth talking kind, look at his history after her death and compare to Bo. Ryan was a broken man.

I think he will serve a long prison sentence. It seems the DA has no sympathy for Dukes and he has been indicted on more charges by the GJ. I dont think the DA will make any deals on Dukes or Duke.

IMO They know it was Bo, so did Ryan really forget and Bo convinced him that he did it or was he afraid of Bo and consequences. They didn't seem to be friends after that.

I read somewhere that BD was offered a deal if he could lead them to Tara's remains, and he could not remember the exact location. Because of that, he will be offered a reduced sentence...not full immunity. May or may not be correct information.

The way I am understanding it now, he's lied so much that his immunity is crap now, he can't even be trusted on the stand much less his testimony in this whole case, cant rmember details on how that works or came about, you'll have to listen to podcast if you haven't or fb friend Maurice Godwin and UpandVanished etc

I totally disagree. Bo was obviously a smooth talking but still problem child from a early age. IMO Ryan was never the smooth talking kind, look at his history after her death and compare to Bo. Ryan was a broken man.

Hey Lawdog..............oh oh, I totally agree with you on this! Bo's truck, BO telling the story, BO rushing the media, Bo bo bo.........where the heck was Ryan in all this? I don't think he knew what happened....I hope but not sure we'll ever know the truth in this case! More SMALL TOWN bull in Georgia.........not sure how LE was involved or GBI but too much funny stuff going on in this case like the Putnam case

Federal judge may revoke Bo Dukes' bond

A federal judge will decide this month whether to revoke bond for Bo Dukes and send him back to prison.
[...]
A federal judge has scheduled a November 29 hearing for Dukes in Macon.
[.....]
“... but federal court documents say Dukes' bond problems are unrelated to the Grinstead case.

They result from a 2013 case when Dukes pleaded guilty to stealing more than $150,000 from the Army.

He served 27 months in prison and was sentenced to three years' probation, but prosecutors say Dukes has violated probation by failing to keep up with restitution payments and community-service work.”

Thursday, Nov. 29th:
*Bond Revocation Hearing (@ am ET) - GA - Tara Faye Grinstead (29) (Oct. 22, 2005, Ocilla) - *Bo Dukes (32/21 @ time of crime) arrested (3/3/17) charged with concealing a death, hindering the apprehension of a criminal & tampering with evidence. Released on $16,700 bond on 3/3/17 afternoon; waived right to his first hearing.
In June, 2017, a Ben Hill County grand jury indicted Dukes on 3 counts: concealing the death of another, 2 counts of making false statements, tampering with evidence & hindering apprehension of a criminal.
In Sept. 2017, a Wilcox County GJ indicted for 4 charges: 2 counts making false statements (to GBI), 1 count of hindering apprehension of a criminal & 1 count of concealing the death of another. Dukes has not been charged with murder. Dukes is awaiting trial in Ben Hill County.
11/21/18 Update: NOT regarding current charges re Tara. A Federal Judge will decide whether to revoke Duke’s bond & sent him back to prison. Hearing set for 11/29 in Macon. They result from a 2013 case when Dukes pleaded guilty to stealing more than $150,000 from the Army. He served 27 months in prison & was sentenced to three years' probation, but prosecutors say Dukes has violated probation by failing to keep up with restitution payments and community-service work.
Accomplice:
*Ryan Alexander Duke (33/21 @ time of crime) arrested (2/23/17) & indicted (4/2017) of 2 counts of felony murder & 1 count of malice murder, aggravated assault, burglary & concealing death of another. Plead not guilty. Had Review hearings on 11/26 & 11/27. 11/26/18 Update: Specific motions discussed: Defense Motion to limit State’s use of the word “murder”. Motion to exclude defendant’s 1st interview with LE. Dismissal of counts 1, 3 & 4. Motion #32: for Judge not to read indictment to jury. Judge won’t denied motion, but will read what he is charged with. Motion #33: Fair closing arguments from State. Motion #28: Change of Venue. Judge not granting motion at this time, to be brought up later. Defense suggests a jury questionnaire survey. State will have 52 witnesses. Trial set for April 1, 2019. Next hearing scheduled for 12/14.

Bo Dukes’ supervised release revoked in federal conspiracy case

MACON, GA (WALB) - A judge has ordered Bo Dukes back to federal prison after his 2013 guilty plea to a charge of conspiracy to steal government property.
[.....]
Dukes pleaded guilty to conspiracy in October 2013 and was sentenced to more than two years in federal prison. He was released from prison on supervised release in October 2015.

On Wednesday, Federal Judge Marc Treadwell in Macon revoked Dukes' supervised release.

Prosecutors said that’s because Dukes didn’t fulfill his requirements for that supervised release.

Following his guilty plea for conspiracy, a judge ordered Dukes to pay more than $130,000 in restitution. In March 2017, Dukes was also ordered to do 40 hours of community service.
[.....]
Dukes will go back to federal prison, but it is unclear for how long.

anyone know if he's been spotted at all yet? RUmor has it he was spotted at GF mothers house in ROchelle yesterday, is this brookes mother? Is he still with her? I know her linkedin page says she works on forsyth st, a pharmacy there, someone told me yesterday her license expired last month.........whoever it is fled with him from the home they rented and the crime scene

Last edited:
anyone know if he's been spotted at all yet? RUmor has it he was spotted at GF mothers house, is this brookes mother? Is he still with her? I know her linkedin page says she works on forsyth st, a pharmacy there, someone told me yesterday her license expired last month.........whoever it is fled with him from the home they rented and teh crime scene
anyone know if he's been spotted at all yet? RUmor has it he was spotted at GF mothers house, is this brookes mother? Is he still with her? I know her linkedin page says she works on forsyth st, a pharmacy there, someone told me yesterday her license expired last month.........whoever it is fled with him from the home they rented and teh crime scene

He has not been spotted yet. He is also wanted by Feds for breakind parole and some time in Nov he was given 65 days to trport to prison. Slso TRail on Tara scheduled for June. It seems like he has gone off deep end. It would not surprise me if he is found Overdosed. The Cards are stacking up aginst him. Fed Prsion on huge resitution that he has not paid.Tara's trail against him. Yes they were in rented home. My daughter lives on the same street. I have not heard anything about a girlfriend fleeing with him. It just states he was last seen fleeing in a Kia Sorento.

Anyone on here know the family's of Bo and where they have second homes? In or out of the U.S?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back