PA PA - Philadelphia, Delaware River near Fort Mifflin Pier, WhtMale 40-50, UP16626, Apr'57

[FONT=&amp]I made this page to help find the Identity of a unidentied man found April 8 1957 in Fort Mifflin Philadelphia.I feel very sad he has been unidentified for 60 years.I pray never to be forgotten.I pray I can help find out who he is and put his real name on his grave stone.There is not a lot said about him.Just the newspaper article I found and put for him.Please share and like this page to help find out who he is.[/FONT]

https://www.facebook.com/Unidentifi...57-Fort-Mifflin-Philadelphia-116167622298207/

The news paper articles I payed for is not saying the same thing as Namus is saying.Namus says he is 5'3 155 in weight.The newspaper article says he is 5'10 and 175 in weight.That is a BIG difference to have made a mistake.I believe the article is probably close to what he was.It is a pretty vivid description of him.It also said he had scar tissues on the lower part of his face and arms.I do not know from what.Burns?The article also says he wearing a blue checked suit and he was badly decomposed.

I'd like to see if he is related or connected to the boy in the box found February 25th 1957.It was 2 months apart in the same county and same medical examiners office? I honestly think this is just too close not to check.

From the boy's website:

Unidentified Bus Passenger - In March 1957, a woman amateur artist identified the body in the morgue as the same boy she had seen sleeping in a man's arms on a bus running from Philadelphia to southern New Jersey. The pair had boarded the bus in Camden, she said. The woman submitted a sketch she'd made of the man, but the investigators weren't able to verify her story.

unknown man 1957.jpg

That's what I was thinking too carbuff.
From the boy's website:

Unidentified Bus Passenger - In March 1957, a woman amateur artist identified the body in the morgue as the same boy she had seen sleeping in a man's arms on a bus running from Philadelphia to southern New Jersey. The pair had boarded the bus in Camden, she said. The woman submitted a sketch she'd made of the man, but the investigators weren't able to verify her story.

attachment.php

I was wondering, could this unidentified man be the father of the boy in the box??? I had another theory, but maybe I'm wrong. What if this unidentified man killed the boy and then killed himself?????

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

NAMUS says there is no DNA, dental records, or fingerprints on file. I would hope they took fingerprints at least. I doubt there is any DNA from the man but they did take DNA from the boy in the box.

Yes that was what I was thinking too or he was a relative.
I was wondering, could this unidentified man be the father of the boy in the box??? I had another theory, but maybe I'm wrong. What if this unidentified man killed the boy and then killed himself?????

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

They would probably have to exhume him to get DNA like they did with the boy in the box.
NAMUS says there is no DNA, dental records, or fingerprints on file. I would hope they took fingerprints at least. I doubt there is any DNA from the man but they did take DNA from the boy in the box.

The article I paid for and got says different than NAMUS.NAMUS said he is 5'3.This article says he is 5'10.That's a BIG difference.I am going to go by what this article says.It seems very vivid description of him to me.He has scar tissue on his lower half of his face and arms.I don't know from what.I'm assuming from burns? He was found in a blue checked suit.That should be able to Identify him.I don't think he got a lot of attention.That's sad.But I do think he connected to the boy in the box.

download%205_zpsvonyinsb.jpg

Does it say anywhere what the man and boy on the bus were wearing?
It seems like they should exhume the unidentified man and extract DNA. The article does not say how the man died but perhaps because he was decomposed, it was hard to tell. Still, there should have been an autopsy.

I have never seen it anywhere where it says what they are wearing.
Does it say anywhere what the man and boy on the bus were wearing?
It seems like they should exhume the unidentified man and extract DNA. The article does not say how the man died but perhaps because he was decomposed, it was hard to tell. Still, there should have been an autopsy.

I have never seen it anywhere where it says what they are wearing.
That's wierd. They should have at least asked the lady what they wearing.. If I was the detective in the case I would have asked her myself.

Could The checked suit guy be the same owner of the Men's Cap that was found near the boy?
Could the Cap guy and the Artist Sketch guy be the same as the unidentified Checked Suit guy?
http://troytaylorbooks.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-boy-in-box.html

label inside of the blue cap led police to Robbins Eagle Hat & Cap Company in Philadelphia. Proprietor Hannah Robbins said that it was one of 12 that had been made from corduroy remnants at some point prior to May 1956. Robbins recalled the particular hat because it had been made without the leather strap, but the purchaser – a blond man in his late twenties – had returned a few months later to have a strap sewn on. Robbins told the detectives that her customer resembled photographs that she was shown of the “Boy in the Box,” but she had no record of his name or address.

I feel it very well could be the same man.
Could The checked suit guy be the same owner of the Men's Cap that was found near the boy?
Could the Cap guy and the Artist Sketch guy be the same as the unidentified Checked Suit guy?
http://troytaylorbooks.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-boy-in-box.html

label inside of the blue cap led police to Robbins Eagle Hat & Cap Company in Philadelphia. Proprietor Hannah Robbins said that it was one of 12 that had been made from corduroy remnants at some point prior to May 1956. Robbins recalled the particular hat because it had been made without the leather strap, but the purchaser – a blond man in his late twenties – had returned a few months later to have a strap sewn on. Robbins told the detectives that her customer resembled photographs that she was shown of the “Boy in the Box,” but she had no record of his name or address.

That's a cap that could have been worn with a blue checked suit.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I honestly don't see how this unidentified boy in the box and this unidentified man are not related or connected some how with each other.They were found about 2 months from each other.I think they are connected to each other somehow.

This is why I feel this unidentified man found April 8 1957 near Mifflin Philadelphia could be related and connected to the unidentified boy in the box found February 25th 1957 in Fox Chase Philadelphia .

There were 3 leads and informants that saw a man and a boy together.

1. Unidentified Bus Passenger - In March 1957, a woman amateur artist identified the body in the morgue as the same boy she had seen sleeping in a man's arms on a bus running from Philadelphia to southern New Jersey. The pair had boarded the bus in Camden, she said. The woman submitted a sketch she'd made of the man, but the investigators weren't able to verify her story.

The sketch she drew of the man she saw looks about 40or 50 years of age to me.The unidentified man was about 40 or 50 years old.

2.Unidentified Delaware Informant - In March 1957, a waitress in Wilmington, Delaware identified the child from a circular as one she had seen several months before walking past the place where she worked, hand in hand with a man who was talking about catching a train for Philadelphia. The woman's testimony could not be corroborated.

3.Unidentified New Jersey Informant - In March 1957, the woman night manager of a restaurant in Camden, N.J., directly across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, called to say she had seen the murder victim in the restaurant on two occasions in February. She said that the boy was accompanied by a man of about 40 . . . red-faced, sloppily dressed. The little boy said he wanted to talk to his 'Mommy' on the telephone, so the man placed a long distance call to Baltimore. Investigators could find no other witnesses who saw the unidentified man and boy at the Camden restaurant, and a check of telephone records disclosed that there had been no long distance calls to Baltimore made during the period mentioned by the woman in her report to police. The lead was eventually dismissed as unsubstantiated and unverifiable.

I do think they are related and connected somehow.The unidentified man found April 8 1957 was said to be badly decomposed.I feel that would put him in the same time frame the boy in the box was found.I do please want this looked into and they are compared to each other.

The news paper article says he has scar tissue on the lower half of his face and arms.That should help to Identify him.Someone might remember him in 1957 around that time period.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back