NY NY - NY, Pier 17, UnsSexRace25-35, UP6262, poss transgender, red lace bodysuit, chin implant, May'98

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
1108UFNY.jpg
1108UFNY1.jpg

Artistic rendering Date of Discovery: May 11, 1998
Location of Discovery: New York, New York County, New York
Estimated Date of Death: Months prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Unknown
[h=2]Physical Description[/h] Estimated Age: 25-35 years old
Race: Unsure, possibly Hispanic
Height: 5'7", Estimated
Weight: 130 lbs., Estimated
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Plastic chin implant. Orthopedic screw in the right tibia. Congenital hypoplasia of posterior arch of C1. Well-healed fractures of the right rib #9, and left ribs #2, 5, 7 and 8. Well-healed fracture of the sternum. Possible well-healed fracture of the nose.
[h=2]Identifiers[/h] Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available
[h=2]Clothing & Personal Items[/h] Clothing: Red lace body suit and blue jeans.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
[h=2]Circumstances of Discovery[/h] The victim's partial remains were found floating in New York Harbor off Pier 17 (South Street Seaport). NYPD Harbor removed her body from the water.
[h=2]Investigating Agency(s)[/h] Agency Name: New York County Medical Examiner’s Office
Agency Contact Person: Angela Soler
Agency Phone Number: 212-447-2770
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: M98-02592
NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 6262
[h=2]Information Source(s)[/h] Namus

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1108ufny.html

it seems this poor soul suffered a lot in life

I hope she can at least get her name back in death

I came across this and reminded me of this Jane Doe. but I don't know if they ever identified the victim in the article.. But the story sounds like what could of happened to this girl.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/cops-hope-slay-finally-solved-article-1.806535

A California couple is due in Bronx Supreme Court tomorrow to be arraigned in an unusual murder case that some cops see as long-overdue justice for an anonymous outcast. The killing took place 14 years ago, and the victim remains unidentified. The indictment charges the couple with second-degree murder of Jane Doe, a young woman who was thrown into the East River off Hunts Point. "I have been practicing law for 25 years, and this is the first time I've come across a Jane Doe [victim]," said defense lawyer Michael Torres, who was assigned to represent one of the defendants. "Nobody knows the true identity of this person, including my client," Torres said. "It's amazing after 14 years they were able to make an arrest on this matter.
" Detectives have not given up trying to identify the victim.

I'm looking at the family angle," said Lt. Steve Boldis of the cold case squad. "She was someone's daughter, niece, granddaughter. Someone has been wondering about her. After 14 years, I would love to be able to knock on someone's door and lay it to rest for them. It would be closure.
" Police theorize the victim was killed because she resisted working in a prostitution ring in the Hunts Point area allegedly run by the defendants, Arthur Kinlaw, 44, and his wife, Donna, 39. The Kinlaws have criminal records in Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Texas. Donna Kinlaw was arrested numerous times for prostitution in the Bronx in the 1980s. The couple was arrested last November in Sonoma, Calif., in welfare fraud. Investigators checking their backgrounds developed information that the Kinlaws may have thrown a woman into the river in the South Bronx in the early 1980s. California authorities called the NYPD; Boldis and Detective Vincenti Nitti found a case to match the tip: A woman had been asphyxiated, bludgeoned, bound and gagged and was found floating in the East River on May 3, 1984. The victim was determined to be 18 to 25 years old, with dark brown hair, 5-feet-4, 130 pounds. The body had been in the water about two weeks and was not recognizable. Shortly after the body turned up, the Kinlaws left New York for Florida, Boldis said. They have traveled around the U.

S. with their nine children. Cold case cops went to California to talk to the Kinlaws, and on June 19, they arrested them. They were extradited to New York. Cops believe the victim's first name was Linda, and that she came from Suffolk County. Boldis said the Kinlaws were known to have enlisted women from bars in Bay Shore and other towns in Suffolk as prostitutes. "Whatever she was doing maybe she was just a teen enjoying the bar scene and got caught up, maybe she worked for them and wanted to stop we have to put it to rest," Boldis said. He said cops plan to check Suffolk high school yearbooks, and he hopes a sketch of the short-haired, plain-featured woman will jar someone's memory. Anyone with information is asked to call (800) 577-TIPS.

I came across this and reminded me of this Jane Doe. but I don't know if they ever identified the victim in the article.. But the story sounds like what could of happened to this girl.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/cops-hope-slay-finally-solved-article-1.806535

A California couple is due in Bronx Supreme Court tomorrow to be arraigned in an unusual murder case that some cops see as long-overdue justice for an anonymous outcast. The killing took place 14 years ago, and the victim remains unidentified. The indictment charges the couple with second-degree murder of Jane Doe, a young woman who was thrown into the East River off Hunts Point. "I have been practicing law for 25 years, and this is the first time I've come across a Jane Doe [victim]," said defense lawyer Michael Torres, who was assigned to represent one of the defendants. "Nobody knows the true identity of this person, including my client," Torres said. "It's amazing after 14 years they were able to make an arrest on this matter.
" Detectives have not given up trying to identify the victim.

I'm looking at the family angle," said Lt. Steve Boldis of the cold case squad. "She was someone's daughter, niece, granddaughter. Someone has been wondering about her. After 14 years, I would love to be able to knock on someone's door and lay it to rest for them. It would be closure.
" Police theorize the victim was killed because she resisted working in a prostitution ring in the Hunts Point area allegedly run by the defendants, Arthur Kinlaw, 44, and his wife, Donna, 39. The Kinlaws have criminal records in Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Texas. Donna Kinlaw was arrested numerous times for prostitution in the Bronx in the 1980s. The couple was arrested last November in Sonoma, Calif., in welfare fraud. Investigators checking their backgrounds developed information that the Kinlaws may have thrown a woman into the river in the South Bronx in the early 1980s. California authorities called the NYPD; Boldis and Detective Vincenti Nitti found a case to match the tip: A woman had been asphyxiated, bludgeoned, bound and gagged and was found floating in the East River on May 3, 1984. The victim was determined to be 18 to 25 years old, with dark brown hair, 5-feet-4, 130 pounds. The body had been in the water about two weeks and was not recognizable. Shortly after the body turned up, the Kinlaws left New York for Florida, Boldis said. They have traveled around the U.

S. with their nine children. Cold case cops went to California to talk to the Kinlaws, and on June 19, they arrested them. They were extradited to New York. Cops believe the victim's first name was Linda, and that she came from Suffolk County. Boldis said the Kinlaws were known to have enlisted women from bars in Bay Shore and other towns in Suffolk as prostitutes. "Whatever she was doing maybe she was just a teen enjoying the bar scene and got caught up, maybe she worked for them and wanted to stop we have to put it to rest," Boldis said. He said cops plan to check Suffolk high school yearbooks, and he hopes a sketch of the short-haired, plain-featured woman will jar someone's memory. Anyone with information is asked to call (800) 577-TIPS.
Definitely sounds possible. Maybe not a direct link to this couple, but this woman could've been working in a prostitution ring for years, decided that she wanted out and/or was going to expose the operation, and was murdered over it. It also could've been that she refused to start working in the ring, with the same outcome. Hopefully detectives are working to identify this Jane Doe as hard as they're working on the woman in that case.

1108UFNY[1].jpgCLRobinson[1].jpg1108UFNY1[1].jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/998dffl.html

Cynthia Louise Robinson
Missing since January 1, 1992 from Lakeland, Polk County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: February 14, 1961
Age at Time of Disappearance: 30 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 139 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Vertical scar on stomach.
Clothing: Jeans with holes.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Robinson was reported missing on June 22, 1992 by her sisters after the family had not seen or heard from her in several months.
At the time of her disappearance, she was driving a green 1980 Oldsmobile Cutless, Fl tag FQR37X. The vehicle has never been recovered.
Robinson was a known drug user who was possibly involved with the Mexican Mafia.

Mary Ann Knightly went missing in Feb 1998 from Bear, DE which is about 2 hours away from NY, NY. Circumstances state that her hubby (POI) said she packed a bag and left for Florida. Mary Ann borrowed her mother's van the day before she disappeared. When her husband returned the van he said Mary Ann asked him to return it. No one knows how she planned to get to Florida.

I wonder of there was a history of domestic violence. It would also be interesting to know if Mary Ann had reconstructive surgery. This is pure speculation but I think she may have ended up in NY and odds are she was probably transported in a van. MOO

Mary Ann Knightly – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
mary_ann_knightly_2.jpg
1108UFNY_LARGE.jpg

mary_ann_knightly_1.jpg
1108UFNY1_LARGE.jpg

Map of where she was found.

Attachments

• 65506162-0E19-4867-A6CC-B3B5B72DD60E.png
    65506162-0E19-4867-A6CC-B3B5B72DD60E.png
    408.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 4D5B4B7A-A09C-48E9-8BFE-F960F818A10F.png
    4D5B4B7A-A09C-48E9-8BFE-F960F818A10F.png
    500.1 KB · Views: 7
The chin implant implies resources or an auto accident. Cosmetic surgery is not always covered by insurance.
Maybe we'll learn more from those defendants?

The injuries are probably from a traffic accident, like an un-restrained driver hitting the steering wheel. However, where the fractures are indicates that she may have been wearing a seat belt as a driver and been involved in a high-speed frontal collision.

Were the Kinlaws ever convicted?

This lady needs her name back. Do we know if foul play was involved? Could have been an accident or suicide as well.
But this lady floating in the water in lingerie stinks like foul play somehow.

That has been in style with the "urban jungle" hip hop crowd the last years or so.
But in 1998 it screams sex worker.

I agree. Around 2006 I searched for a more modest version of this to wear under my blouses - I wanted a bodysuit as it wouldn’t ride up. Just my experience, but the vast majority of my options were low-cut and lacy “Fredericks of Hollywood” items.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back