NC NC - Leland, Brunswick River, BlkMale 18-30, UP1407, drowned, wrapped in burlap, blue socks, May'77

Does anyone know where the sketches of the John Doe come from? How reliable are they? I couldn't seem to find any info on that.

Victor Coleman does look like the UID sketches in my opinion.

According to his NamUS page, one of the sketches was made by the FBI.

Thanks for posting him Jake! Local state case for me.

It is speculated that the body was dumped upriver originally in the Cape Fear River somewhere in between Elizabethtown or Fayetteville.

At 202 miles long, the Cape Fear River Basin is the largest in the state, flowing through 27 counties.
Source: https://www.wilmington-nc.com/cape-fear-river.html

nc map victim leland.gif
I made a map; the circled counties are where he was thought to have been dumped and the X is an approximate to where he was found.

Does anyone know where the sketches of the John Doe come from? How reliable are they? I couldn't seem to find any info on that.

Victor Coleman does look like the UID sketches in my opinion.

yes I feel that Victor looks like the UID.. the only thing is his height and weight are off..But it does not hurt to submit him since he is the closest to the UID

1927UMNC2_LARGE[1].jpgVColeman1[1].jpg

@Jake479 did you submit this one and/or get feedback. Interesting that according to Namus no AA men went missing in North Carolina before 1978 (tongue in cheek - I'm sure they just haven't uploaded old files yet).

@Jake479 did you submit this one and/or get feedback. Interesting that according to Namus no AA men went missing in North Carolina before 1978 (tongue in cheek - I'm sure they just haven't uploaded old files yet).

It's been so long. I honestly can't remember if I sent it in or not.

The victim's body was discovered floating in the Brunswick River. The body was wrapped in burlap, with a burlap strip tied with a simple loop about the right wrist and a burlap strap tied in double loop about neck.

There was evidence that the victim was alive when wrapped in the burlap and it appeared he had tried to escape before he drowned.

The body was dumped upriver, possibly originating from the Cape Fear River, located near Elizabethtown and Fayetteville.

1927UMNC

With there being apparently no dna available. I don’t see how he will be identified anytime soon. I don’t know why they would have cremated him and scattered his ashes at sea before identifying him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back