UK - Huge fire rips through Grenfell Tower, Latimer Road, White City, London, June 2017

[bbm]

Celeste Thomas @mamapie
View from the bedroom. Cracking heard as floors collapse. #WestLondon #LatimerRoad #GrenfellTower #Fire
9:53 PM - 13 Jun 2017
25 25 Retweets 4 4 likes

it seems worst fears have been realized for some

“There was literally two people trapped at the top and they had mobile phones and they had the lights trying to flash them and signal people... They couldn’t get to them ... fire kept going and the lights went out. “

Sky News is reporting from a witness at the scene that one lady is sitting on the ground in tears as her 5 year old son is missing.

omg I hope he is just lost in the crowd and a good samaritan is taking care of him

Sky News is reporting from a witness at the scene that one lady is sitting on the ground in tears as her 5 year old son is missing.

I saw reports of a strong smell coming from the fire.

The building was either incredibly out of code and a tinder box or this was set up in some horrific way I can't even think about.

You're in the UK, right?

SKY News U.K - A reporter at the scene interviewed a resident on the fourth floor and they believe the fire started due to a fire in his neighbours flat caused by an electrical appliance. I hope it wasn't one of those death trap tumble dryers that caused this.

no I'm in Canada

The building was either incredibly out of code and a tinder box or this was set up in some horrific way I can't even think about.

You're in the UK, right?

Would it all be gas-powered? Stoves and water heaters and such?

Normally this type of building has electric storage heaters or electric central heating, they don't normally have gas. My gran lived in a block like this when I was young.

sky news U.K police saying trapped residents are being told to self-evacuate and not wait for the fire brigade. They have to put a wet cloth over their mouths.

There are people alive in the building-- they seem to be on lower floors

now! isnèt it too late for that

sky news U.K police saying trapped residents are being told to self-evacuate and not wait for the fire brigade. They have to put a wet cloth over their mouths.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back