Welcome to The Murder Accountability Project!

Dear Mr. Hargrove,

I am one of the many who found (and joined) this site after learning about it while watching The Killing Season. (As an aside, which REALLY shouldn't be relegated to an aside, what Tricia has done here is AMAZING!!! ULTIMATE KUDOS!!!)

I saw what you had done with the Murder Accountability Project, and I think it's an amazing tool. As an attorney (now "retired" due to disability) with a background in criminal psychology and childhood development, I think what you are doing here is wonderful. Especially since the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit is now stretched thin (and taken away from these kind of cases), it gives those of us who don't normally have access to this information—but have the ability to digest, interpret, process, and hopefully come up with helpful conclusions/solutions—access to it.

That said, two things you said really stuck with me (I haven't watched the final two episodes—I'm saving them for a bit of "binge watching"—but you said this on an earlier episode): this is (1) entirely voluntary for law enforcement participation, and (2) often law enforcement is understaffed/overbudget and doesn't have the time to enter old cases into the database. So, my big question for you...

Do you think there is a way for us to form community volunteer groups where we could go in and do data entry for local law enforcement on old cold cases? I know that those participating would need to be properly vetted before LE might be willing to open up their files, which might be a time/financial burden and therefore be a non-starter. However, I can't help but think there has to be a way that some of us who are interested, willing, and very upstanding citizens, working as volunteers, could help to get a lot of old files entered across the country if we can get LE on board. I'm an attorney by trade, but not in criminal law. But given my specialty area, one subset would lead me to believe there has to be a way to get grants or other funding to do the background checks necessary to allow willing volunteers vetted to the satisfaction of local LE and get some of these old cases entered into the database.

As you said (and I'm paraphrasing here): the lack of data is holding things back, as well as the lack of entering cold cases. (Yes, I took great liberties in my paraphrasing! My sincerest apologies!!!)

I'm just thinking that if we can get over the hurdle of data entry by using properly vetted volunteers, I would think that it would significantly help the database at a minimum, and perhaps help solve some of these cases at the best.

Anyway, thanks for reading this and "hearing" me out. And thank you for what you've done in building this database—being a math/Excel/database "nerd", I can't thank you enough! (If you ever need any help, feel free to contact me!)

And Trish, you are AMAZING!!! Keep up the wonderful work you do every day, just by keeping this site up! You do so much good in this world, just by being you with the mission you have found for yourself in life!!!!

Thanks to all!!!

Also a data nerd here! Upload, download, excel, etc. [emoji851] gather, then organize, synthesize, analyze... love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, this has to be the absolute best news ever to help solve and show connections for unsolved crimes. It has taken you to do what should have been made mandatory within law enforcement using VICAP. This is so fantastic.

I'm new here and my first post. 😊
I was so excited to see this thread!! This has been needed for so long and I'm thrilled it's finally out there.
Thanks for all the work you've put into making this site happen. It's going to be such an amazing tool and will help and effect many lives.

Have you looked at the Jennifer Odom case in Pasco/Hernando county Fl, 2/19/93?

Tom Hargrove, the man behind the Murder Accountability Project gave us a wonderful interview on Websleuths Radio yesterday.

CLICK HERE and listen

My first time posting anywhere, but my immeadiate thought about this incredible database is: can we find a way to filter by MO? Perhaps by NJEverCurious' idea of color coding? My thought is that if we could group some of these together by MO AND location, perhaps we could make some connections LE has been unable to connect bc of technology? Just a suggestion and I'm brand new at all of this so I apologize if it's a stupid suggestion. Great ideas and great work! Hopefully these unsolved murders can be solved for all of the families and loved ones. Thanks for your time.

:welcome:

My first time posting anywhere, but my immeadiate thought about this incredible database is: can we find a way to filter by MO? Perhaps by NJEverCurious' idea of color coding? My thought is that if we could group some of these together by MO AND location, perhaps we could make some connections LE has been unable to connect bc of technology? Just a suggestion and I'm brand new at all of this so I apologize if it's a stupid suggestion. Great ideas and great work! Hopefully these unsolved murders can be solved for all of the families and loved ones. Thanks for your time.

I am very interested in this! I have a case and would love some help/ feedback on what you guys think! My friends killer is walking free, never charged, married with 2 kids. Would anyone be interested in looking into this?

I am very interested in this! I have a case and would love some help/ feedback on what you guys think! My friends killer is walking free, never charged, married with 2 kids. Would anyone be interested in looking into this?

Hi Nicoleleigh35, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I can't imagine how much harder it must be knowing the person responsible is walking free.

Beyond sleuthing, I don't know how much help I could be, but there are many amazing WS members that might be able to. Is there a thread for your friend? If not, I would ask a mod to start one for you. Starting a thread will get the word out and hopefully justice for your friend.

I am a writer at The New Yorker working on a piece about Thomas Hargrove and the Murder Accountability Project and interested in talking to anyone who has used it, thanks.
Alec Wilkinson

This is so awesome! What a great tool. I am having issues getting the lists of cases to come up. I can get the graphs but not the lists. It its getting hung up on "view data". In any case I will keep trying to figure it out! My sister was murdered in 1990 in Houston along with her boyfriend at the time. It remains unsolved but linked to DNA from a rape around the same time. I was trying to pull together a list of similar crimes using this tool.

My daughter, Brittany Danielle McGlone, was murdered in the home of her boyfriend May 4, 2007 in Wood County, TX. Her murder remains unsolved. The lead investigator is now charged with serious charges not related to my daughters case. Additionally, he, a previous sheriff and other county officials are defendants in federal case. Any help is so appreciated.

My daughter, Brittany Danielle McGlone, was murdered in the home of her boyfriend May 4, 2007 in Wood County, TX. Her murder remains unsolved. The lead investigator is now charged with serious charges not related to my daughters case. Additionally, he, a previous sheriff and other county officials are defendants in federal case. Any help is so appreciated.

Hi Jipsynurse,

I will send this post over to one of moderators to see of there is a thread here for your daughter. Very sorry for your loss.

Dear Jipsynurse,

On behalf of everyone at Websleuths we are deeply sorry for the loss of your daughter.

Could you please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com and I can help you get a discussion going about Brittany's case.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Walk into the police station. Ask to speak to the Det on your friends case. Demand to know why your friends case is not being worked on.

Go to the DA's office and ask them who works on cold cases for your area. Demand to know who will work on your daughters case.
Give the story to a local newspaper.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back