GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterdays swornpodcast............newly gleaned information or atleast clarity............Mr D was in his t shirt boxers, robe and slippers, the cut was along his t shirt neck line he was wearing....
Man on the lawn was a white male and was seen saturday afternoon, no exact time was given, had it been early it could have been Mr Dermond but he was in pj's still when found, its likely one of the perps, since no one has come forward it must be someone involved in the murders....and was likely not Mr D as it appeared they'd all just risen which would surely be before afternoon time..........
She was taken by boat, no doubt to the location she was found, the body cannot float that far in the river, it would have moved no more than 100 yds in the lakes condition and her being anchored, the cinder blocks were wrapped in netting, likely fishnet?, or unless a lawn man, maybe bird netting?, and blocks were 60 lbs.....
allegedly a concrete man on their to do list for repairing driveway was never called by the D's, he would have cinder blocks but no motive there likely......
nothing was taken, so now we know there were things of value and some cash in the house still there when the body was discovered.....
Kitchen door was the door unlocked when the friends 2 miles away (who attended derby party) came by and searched the house, they were waiting on front porch when the cops arrived.....SS says there was no disturbance of crime scene by friends, (i would think fingerprints on doors maybe would be), SS says they have a truckload of prints taken from home but stated very few cases are solved on fingerprints alone......still.........
Garage door was shut, house was completely undisturbed (i had heard/read that a lampshade was askew but dont know if that was true)
closets were immaculate so nothing likely stolen there

It would also be interesting to know who was at that party. Was it only people from inside the gated community or did others also attend. Those people would also know the Dermonds plans for weekend possibly. I think whoever did this was hired so could it have been someone also attending the party that wanted revenge and also to send others a message. I just still feel that there is a message being sent in this murder and just don't see how someone in the family would need to do that. Still not convinced at this point, and also if the daughter is attending the derby, she is probably doing some other things, some touring, shopping, a little mini - vacation and had planned to call them early week, but do we know she did not call? I just have this feeling that we are missing something that may be right under some noses...

Lawdog, each time SS speaks, it brings more questions than answers.....no we dont know she didnt call or email....I dont want to think it was family but I also dont know that whoever killed them got carried away and did the beheading of their own accord, they have to protect themselves too, could have been beheaded to conceal evidence on or in the skull/head, but find it hard to believe they would do that when all that cutting is likely to lend more dna from the killers..........these were questions that had arisen while listening to the cast...........im not convinced of anything, still brainstorming, i go back and forth on the who and why

Lawdog, each time SS speaks, it brings more questions than answers.....no we dont know she didnt call or email....I dont want to think it was family but I also dont know that whoever killed them got carried away and did the beheading of their own accord, they have to protect themselves too, could have been beheaded to conceal evidence on or in the skull/head, but find it hard to believe they would do that when all that cutting is likely to lend more dna from the killers..........these were questions that had arisen while listening to the cast...........im not convinced of anything, still brainstorming, i go back and forth on the who and why

good question about the party

I was just listening to the live newsfeed on sworn fb page.....questions..............it was mentioned that Mr Dermonds body was moved, in an early original article it stated a few feet his body was moved............people speculated he may have been killed in another location and brought to the garage.............now they are saying, which I THINK is new information on how they knew he was moved.......apparently Mr Dermond's feet were dragged through blood on teh garage floor and that he was not killed where he lay or even in the garage, according to holloways interpretation anyway..........................SO WHOSE BLOOD IF NOT MR DERMONDS BLOOD ON THE GARAGE FLOOR WAS HE DRAGGED THROUGH?

Seems the swornpodcast is only there to sing SS praises yet he feels he is the ONLY person to solve this crime............i beg to differ...........and Mr Phillip Holloway is talking out of both sides of his mouth, one ..saying how much SS has done and in other podcasts, link below, they discuss good investigative skills and one is to share with the public, that the public solves crimes....yet since this podcast we are only just now finding out that it was a WHITE MALE on the lawn of the Dermonds yet the public is the ones expected to call in for that infamous call that ss is waiting for to solve this crime..........is there more about this man on the lawn? I know he was hard to see but the witnesses were able to discern it was a male, did they not see his hair color? It was stated they thought it was probalby Mr D, so was he gray headed? Also, Holloway in his swornpodcast said this crime was likely extortion gone bad that they robbers came for big cash............YET IT WAS SATURDAY, MOST BANKS ARE CLOSED and if open, close at noon on saturday.............what a stupid robber, then they behead him............it doesnt make sense, if it was a weekday it would make better sense

ANOTHER thing, that i mentioned earlier post, if no one was murdered in the garage and Mr D was dragged through the blood as was told by the podcast and SS, then WHOSE blood was in the garage?

I think he was killed in the garage, he was turned to place his body for beheading, probably a cramped garage with 2 cars in it, the cast said he was near the garage door and towels were around his shoulders where blood would not run out under the garage door, which was closed, and which can be seen from the street if anyone was down that dead end street, they were the last house..........There was also a blob of blood as if the head was sat down on the garage floor, once again Holloway is saying he was not murdered where he lay, probably somewhere else entirely...talking out of both sides of his mouth.....then why was the head there draining blood? Whose blood was in the garage? Why drag him AFTER you have beheaded him? where did they drag him from or to?
I would like to know which way his upper body was turned, if drag marks are going IN the garage or drag marks going towards the driveway out of the garage?

I can't figure this one out?
but saturday extortion for cash when banks are closed??

and
drag marks thru the blood in garage tells me he was beheaded there, maybe hit outside the garage but no blood would be in there if beheaded elsewhere too

IM CONFUSED

Lawdog did you find out who the guests were at the party?

interesting information discussed about 8:00 minutes and blunders in the tara case that remind me of this one in some ways, of course we know SS has done quite a bit but it stopped and he's waiting for a phone call, give us more information, turn it over to a cold case investigator or something! The public solves crimes,help us help, what else can we know?
http://www.upandvanished.com/case-evidence

The Dermonds dont have a boat

Okay, then let's turn it around.
Were the Dermond's on anyone else's boat the week or day before the murders, where someone could use a ruse that they left something on it to meet them at the dock? We don't now anything about what they had done the day before the murder, do we?
It's been so long I don't remember anything.

Okay, then let's turn it around.
Were the Dermond's on anyone else's boat the week or day before the murders, where someone could use a ruse that they left something on it to meet them at the dock? We don't now anything about what they had done the day before the murder, do we?
It's been so long I don't remember anything.
Yeah good question, we dont know what was going on on friday, last seen out was thursday at publix for MR D

They received their paper with the crossword on friday, it was a saturday paper but comes on friday SS stated in the podcast

we thought of her being lured but it's kind of risky isnt it, on the dock? even though in a cove, it's a short cover or whatever, it's not like it's completely secluded and there are docks nearby and a house on the other side

IDK, just cant figure how they got her down there unless they hung around at night, knowing maybe no one would disturb them and hauled her down thru the woods?

just nothing seems easy unless by car, no one would see them load a body in the car then go to Lawrence shoals and use boat, it's very secluded there, very

gonna thinnk on it some more, as usual haha

I thought something was interesting in the sheriff's comment about the man spotted. He said it's what they did not see rather than what they did see in regards to this white male...so what was it abt him that was missing? Did yall hear that too or am I way out there?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I thought something was interesting in the sheriff's comment about the man spotted. He said it's what they did not see rather than what they did see in regards to this white male...so what was it abt him that was missing? Did yall hear that too or am I way out there?

Oh yeah, I do remember that............its what they did not see rather than what they did see...............what? that was important? that what? do you remember....ill have to g back and listen

SS says pretty sure it happened on saturday, emails were sent on friday, USA today puzzle for saturday comes friday afternoon and family said she does them in the mornings. So this murder happened after saturday morning since the puzzle was completed

The fact that there were many valuables and cash laying around the house, lots of whiskey in the cellar, closets untouched, in immaculate condition seems that there was nothing stolen

unless of course, there was something in the house someone knew of and no one knows is missing

but why behead him and take her 5 miles away

doesnt seem likely it was robbery or extortion, since it was saturday, most banks are closed or close early

THe right foot of Mr D was dragged through a pool of blood about a foot or foot and a half, his left arm had towels beside it apparently to keep the blood from running out the garage door.....this makes me think Mr D was laying long ways between/behind the 2 cars, upper body and shoulders laying in blood, pointing to the left of the garage if you enter from the house, slippers to the right of garage and large blood spot beind the lincoln about a few feet away from body

white male seen walking around the property in broad daaylight on saturday, the likely day of the murder.....whever he was has not come forward...............view back in the woods you could see a white pickup and a lawn then he noted the land was thick with trees between houses, so one could see movement and a body but not details I THINK was referring to the house across the cove thru the woods, as neighbors next door were in asia

in regards to man on the lawn, SS said "its what she couldnt see that is important, which made me know she was tellling the truth"

SS says pretty sure it happened on saturday, emails were sent on friday, USA today puzzle for saturday comes friday afternoon and family said she does them in the mornings. So this murder happened after saturday morning since the puzzle was completed

The fact that there were many valuables and cash laying around the house, lots of whiskey in the cellar, closets untouched, in immaculate condition seems that there was nothing stolen

unless of course, there was something in the house someone knew of and no one knows is missing

but why behead him and take her 5 miles away

doesnt seem likely it was robbery or extortion, since it was saturday, most banks are closed or close early

THe right foot of Mr D was dragged through a pool of blood about a foot or foot and a half, his left arm had towels beside it apparently to keep the blood from running out the garage door.....this makes me think Mr D was laying long ways between/behind the 2 cars, upper body and shoulders laying in blood, pointing to the left of the garage if you enter from the house, slippers to the right of garage and large blood spot beind the lincoln about a few feet away from body

white male seen walking around the property in broad daaylight on saturday, the likely day of the murder.....whever he was has not come forward...............view back in the woods you could see a white pickup and a lawn then he noted the land was thick with trees between houses, so one could see movement and a body but not details I THINK was referring to the house across the cove thru the woods, as neighbors next door were in asia

in regards to man on the lawn, SS said "its what she couldnt see that is important, which made me know she was tellling the truth"
Is he being cryptic? It's what she couldn't see that let's me know she's telling the truth. I'm trying to decide if he's holding back info or just meaning: she could see his lower body but the trees covered his upper body? I can't imagine why he'd hold bk on a possible POI? Particularly any identifiers. Idk if that's important or not, we all know how LE like to hold back some things.

Are we sure the Dermonds did NOT own a boat?

Yeah good question, we dont know what was going on on friday, last seen out was thursday at publix for MR D

They received their paper with the crossword on friday, it was a saturday paper but comes on friday SS stated in the podcast

we thought of her being lured but it's kind of risky isnt it, on the dock? even though in a cove, it's a short cover or whatever, it's not like it's completely secluded and there are docks nearby and a house on the other side

IDK, just cant figure how they got her down there unless they hung around at night, knowing maybe no one would disturb them and hauled her down thru the woods?

just nothing seems easy unless by car, no one would see them load a body in the car then go to Lawrence shoals and use boat, it's very secluded there, very

gonna thinnk on it some more, as usual haha

It is definitely another cliffhanger, in a case with a lot of cliffhangers, I don't ever remember reading who the neighbors were that found them and I believe they were the ones that had the Derby party that weekend. I am revisiting old information but so far can't find if the people that did attend the party were from the Great Waters community of it others came also. Still looking back.

Is he being cryptic? It's what she couldn't see that let's me know she's telling the truth. I'm trying to decide if he's holding back info or just meaning: she could see his lower body but the trees covered his upper body? I can't imagine why he'd hold bk on a possible POI? Particularly any identifiers. Idk if that's important or not, we all know how LE like to hold back some things.

I KNOW! Seems like he just does NOT want anyone to know the full description, on the other hand, what she didnt see is what we need to know?.....I do think it was just mostly movement thru the woods she saw though at this point, i pray hes not witholding the description, as holloway said, the public solves the crimes, tips and leads..you know.....

It is definitely another cliffhanger, in a case with a lot of cliffhangers, I don't ever remember reading who the neighbors were that found them and I believe they were the ones that had the Derby party that weekend. I am revisiting old information but so far can't find if the people that did attend the party were from the Great Waters community of it others came also. Still looking back.

I dont think a name was ever given......i commented back thread about this, one article said they hosted the derby party and i never found a name of a host that lived a mile and a half away from the d's in great waters, but in the cast, SS said they lived 2 miles away from the Dermonds.....also........onthe cast it was stated that the Derby party was within the RP community.....does that mean only those residents? At one point I thought it was in Madison GA so now Im confused....somehwere i may have posted a link on the Derby party information and invitations

but yeah, so close yet so far!! witnessing half a man........grrrrr

Could it be that she didn't see his face b/c it was covered and that is what he is saying without saying it? I would guess he would say someone with their face covered though. Strange.

Istiff, in the podcast, SS spoke of the trees and how thick they were, more I thought about it, I think he was just simply saying she saw something but it's not what he needed to know, or rather, he needed MORE but it just wasn't viewable thru the thick trees.. Thats why he was talking about the white truck he pointed out to holloway in swornpodcast, I THINK, he was pointing across the lake as I believed they were sitting at or near the dermonds previous residence and then he switched and said well do you see over here, all those trees, and holloway said yeah you can see someone thru the trees but can't make out anything. In an earlier article I remember it was stated that the witness saw a man but couldnt' describe more becauase of the trees or shrubs... ORIGINIALLY I was under the impression the person saw someone ON THE LAWN as it was printed several times but I assumed there was no trees in the way.........If someone on the point across from the dermonds was on their dock, they would not have had those obstuctions becuase the dermonds didnt have THAT many trees......so now I wonder if the witness was someone on the cove too, across from the d's and I'm pretty sure they have a lot of trees too... The next door neighbros were not home,they were in asia so it was not them who spotted anyone thru the trees..... they're also thick between them and the Dermonds house

One bit of new information i found interesting is that the cinderblocks, 30lbs each, total 60 lbs, were wrapped in netting..............what kind of person would have cinder blocks and netting in their possession?

Initially I thought they were a total of 30 lb cinderblocks but found this when I had investigated it further......but on the podcast they said 60 lbs total.......FWIW........these were probably cap blocks and solid, which answers the question about how the rope held, instead it was wrapped in netting.....garden bird net or fish net? we're looking at masonry/fishermen guy or masonry/landscaper
-------------

dancinunderthemoon said:
05-10-2017 09:27 AM
Hey hockeyguy, he did, 2 cement blocks weighing 30 lbs. I took that to mean total weight, will have to review that interview....thanks
Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguy33 View Post
He could have meant to say 30 pounds of cinder blocks

There is something called landscape fabric that is used with cinder blocks when building retaining walls. It helps control erosion/drainage.

Maybe there is some land near one of the docks that has been shored up or is falling apart and the blocks were handy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288