MI MI - Kellie Brownlee, 17, Novi, 20 May 1982

What did Paul do for a living? The reason I ask is because my ex husband was a butcher. He was physically abusive and threatened if I ever left him, he would kill me, cut me in pieces, take me to the arab grocery store he worked at in Detroit, grind me, wrap me, price me, and sell me. He is now in prison for burning half of Detroit down for insurance money. We divorced many many years ago, and I had to go into hiding.
That said, did Paul have a job where he could have disposed of a body by doing something like using a woodchipper, chemicals, or similar?
I am always glad to read stories of those who survived, like yourself.
I know life is never the same. Good question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

William Bradford ( serial killer) traveled and used the " I'm a photographer " line to lure many potential " models " throughout his killing spree.
He liked to frequent malls.
What do you think of #18?? She looks a lot like Kellie IMO.
Right down to the way her hair flips up & all.

https://www.thoughtco.com/50-missing-women-linked-serial-killer-4122624

I looked at #18. She looks similar, but I don't believe it is Kellie. Her hair wasn't as poofy, and she had a different smile, but it is worth checking into.

I looked at #18. She looks similar, but I don't believe it is Kellie. Her hair wasn't as poofy, and she had a different smile, but it is worth checking into.
Thank you
It's been driving me crazy for months and I really wanted another set of eyes to look at the photo.
I always thought the stepdad suspect but ya never know😔

You know. When I was in 10th grade, there was a guy who used to come to our bus stop at Eagle Elementary School. That was at 14/Middlebelt. He drove a pea soup green van, and when I was there alone, he would come and talk to me. At first he was nice, but than he tried to get me in his van. Had my schoolmate not showed up, he would have gotten me. We ran home and told my father. The next day, my father drove us to the bus stop and waited there with us, but he had a trial to go to, (he was an attorney), and couldn't wait any longer. As soon as my Dad left, and he was waiting to make a left turn onto Middlebelt from 14 Mile Road, the green van started to pull out from behind Dr. Marvin Imbers office in the shopping plaza kiddy corner from the bus stop. My dad saw him, and we started running towards home, and my dad picked us up and we followed him, wrote down the license plate number and my Dad reported him to police. I am assuming it would have been West Bloomfield Police. It would have been 1978-80. In the fall or winter. He had kids toys in the back of his van. I remember that, and he was nice looking. Friendly face. I don't know what ever became of that because my dad bought me a car to keep me away from the bus stop. I just remembered that.

You know. When I was in 10th grade, there was a guy who used to come to our bus stop at Eagle Elementary School. That was at 14/Middlebelt. He drove a pea soup green van, and when I was there alone, he would come and talk to me. At first he was nice, but than he tried to get me in his van. Had my schoolmate not showed up, he would have gotten me. We ran home and told my father. The next day, my father drove us to the bus stop and waited there with us, but he had a trial to go to, (he was an attorney), and couldn't wait any longer. As soon as my Dad left, and he was waiting to make a left turn onto Middlebelt from 14 Mile Road, the green van started to pull out from behind Dr. Marvin Imbers office in the shopping plaza kiddy corner from the bus stop. My dad saw him, and we started running towards home, and my dad picked us up and we followed him, wrote down the license plate number and my Dad reported him to police. I am assuming it would have been West Bloomfield Police. It would have been 1978-80. In the fall or winter. He had kids toys in the back of his van. I remember that, and he was nice looking. Friendly face. I don't know what ever became of that because my dad bought me a car to keep me away from the bus stop. I just remembered that.
Omg!
How scary!! 10th grade & trying to pick YOU up + toys in the BACK of this van...
Ugh
I think of the " friendly " face you describe and my mind can't help but to go right to human trafficking.
IMO this man was probably one of many of the friendly faced, nice looking decoys that pimps use to lure victims in by any means necessary. ( force or coercion for example )
Gosh...I wonder what ever came of the tip your father submitted?

Omg!
How scary!! 10th grade & trying to pick YOU up + toys in the BACK of this van...
Ugh
I think of the " friendly " face you describe and my mind can't help but to go right to human trafficking.
IMO this man was probably one of many of the friendly faced, nice looking decoys that pimps use to lure victims in by any means necessary. ( force or coercion for example )
Gosh...I wonder what ever came of the tip your
That was only 1-3 years after Oakland County Child Killer victim Kristine Mihelich's body was found two miles away in Franklin, so I hope the police investigated thoroughly.

That was only 1-3 years after Oakland County Child Killer victim Kristine Mihelich's body was found two miles away in Franklin, so I hope the police investigated thoroughly.
Ozoner

After the human trafficking scenario left my mind... this was the next thing I thought of as well.
*goosebumps

I think that woman looks older than Kellie would have been at 18. The eyes and cheekbones are similar.

Ozoner

After the human trafficking scenario left my mind... this was the next thing I thought of as well.
*goosebumps

We never heard from the police. I am sure they investigated it though.

I remember the Oakland County Child Killings well. We lived at 14/Mbelt right near Franklin, and my father passed by the bus top, where one body was found, everyday on his way to work. That bus stop was so haunting after that. One of my professors at OCCs' daughter was one of the girls killed. Jill Robinson, the little red headed girl. He talked about it on our first day of Public Speaking class.

My brothers and I always suspected it was a neighbor named Frank Curto. He was a sports photographer for the Red Wings, and highly regarded in the community. He lived on Cold Spring Lane in Franklin Valley, where we lived. He was an odd man, and drove a blue AMC Gremlin. Just like the child killer.

I didn't know this till I was in my 30's, but he raped my younger brother, and other boys in the neighborhood. Not sure about little girls. After my little brother told me, I immediately called the West Bloomfield police department, but they said the case was closed, which I didn't understand as they had not found the killer. This was in the mid 1990's. Shortly after that, Frank Curto died. His wife still lives in the house.

I still think it might have been him. He was a very peculiar man. Hung out at the Balloon Bar on Northwestern Highway, and just gave me the creeps. We would see his Gremlin out there when we would go to Northland Mall.

I remember the Oakland County Child Killings well. We lived at 14/Mbelt right near Franklin, and my father passed by the bus top, where one body was found, everyday on his way to work. That bus stop was so haunting after that. One of my professors at OCCs' daughter was one of the girls killed. Jill Robinson, the little red headed girl. He talked about it on our first day of Public Speaking class.

My brothers and I always suspected it was a neighbor named Frank Curto. He was a sports photographer for the Red Wings, and highly regarded in the community. He lived on Cold Spring Lane in Franklin Valley, where we lived. He was an odd man, and drove a blue AMC Gremlin. Just like the child killer.

I didn't know this till I was in my 30's, but he raped my younger brother, and other boys in the neighborhood. Not sure about little girls. After my little brother told me, I immediately called the West Bloomfield police department, but they said the case was closed, which I didn't understand as they had not found the killer. This was in the mid 1990's. Shortly after that, Frank Curto died. His wife still lives in the house.

I still think it might have been him. He was a very peculiar man. Hung out at the Balloon Bar on Northwestern Highway, and just gave me the creeps. We would see his Gremlin out there when we would go to Northland Mall.
He definitely sounds like a good suspect in Kellie's case and in the OCCK case. It galls me that LE can keep police files secret in 40-year-old cases. After a certain amount of time, say 25 years, they should have to open their files to the public regardless of whether the case is still open. Names and addresses, etc., of witnesses and suspects could be redacted.

ETA:
It sounds like the OCCK(s) may have driven a blue Pontiac LeMans. In fact, it seems like the Gremlin connection can probably be ruled out.
http://www.wxyz.com/news/local-news...ld-killer-case-focus-on-wrong-car-for-decades

Did he have a dog?
Hmmm

Does any of these murders seem to have anything in common?

Jane Mixer - March 20, 1969

Kimberly Louiselle - March 20, 1982

Kellie Brownlee - May 20, 1982

Christina Castiglione - March 19, 1983

Does any of these murders seem to have anything in common?

Jane Mixer - March 20, 1969

Kimberly Louiselle - March 20, 1982

Kellie Brownlee - May 20, 1982

Christina Castiglione - March 19, 1983
There are definitely similarities between the Louiselle and Castiglione cases.

A comment on one of the news articles about Louiselle indicated that a female murder victim from Canton was dumped in the same location three years later, but I have no idea what victim is being referred to.

I read The Michigan Murders long ago; I recall that JNC had murdered a girl in California but was never extradited. He was on that trip with a friend; I wonder how closely that friend has been looked at. (I wish that book could be republished but with real names; the psedonyms were confusing.)

There are definitely similarities between the Louiselle and Castiglione cases.

A comment on one of the news articles about Louiselle indicated that a female murder victim from Canton was dumped in the same location three years later, but I have no idea what victim is being referred to.

I read The Michigan Murders long ago; I recall that JNC had murdered a girl in California but was never extradited. He was on that trip with a friend; I wonder how closely that friend has been looked at. (I wish that book could be republished but with real names; the psedonyms were confusing.)

Theres a guy (Gary Lieterman) who was convicted of the murder of Jane Mixer in 2007 through DNA lifted from Mixer's panty hose. Apparenly, he is from Wayne, and owned a house in Westland in the sixties and seventies. His roommate from back then testified in court that Lieterman kept a collection of newspapers about the Michigan Murders in his closet. Also he has always been an avid hunter.

He bought a .22 pistal in the late sixtys, and reported it lost/stolon in 1987. In about 2006 when Lieterman was arrested for Mixers murder, police found some polorod pictures of a 16-year-old girl in the drawer of his bedroom night stand. The girl appeared to have been druged, and her dress was pulled up over her head. She was an exchange stundent who was living with him and his wife.

Here's a link to the Lieterman thread:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...lled-Jane-Mixer-1969-suspect-in-other-murders

I have not been able to find the other victim that someone spoke of or the name, but if you look at the map I made, then you'll see why I think Brownlee was a victim of the same man that murdererd Kimberly.

image.jpg

I am hearing from a friend in MI that Kellie's body MAY have been found. A serial killed named Arthur Nelson Ream dumped bodies in an area in Macomb County, MI. They are searching it as I type this. I am in another state, so I am watching Click on Detroit closely. My friend heard this on Edible(?) and I have no idea what that is. My friend Kellie. We never gave up girl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back