GUILTY MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

There is one thing that confuses me. I keep seeing her referred to by her birth name, Alex/Alexis on some missing posters and throughout the internet. Did Aundria know this was her birth name and use it? She knew her birth story? If she didn't go by Alexis, why is it listed like it's an alias? Did her school friends, etc. call her this or is there any evidence she goes by this? I may have missed this being discussed somewhere, resulting in my confusion.

I spoke with the adopted mother (Brenda) in 2013, and asked her that question. She said that prior to the adoption, Alexis was in a foster home. When the Bowmans adopted her, the foster mother told Brenda that her birth name was Alexis. (The foster mother had her own name for her, which Brenda told me, but I don't remember that name). But Brenda said that she didn't know that Alexis' middle name was Miranda or that her last name was Badger.

Brenda says that at some point, she told Aundria that she was born in New Orleans and that her birth name was Alexis. But by all accounts, Aundria/Alexis did not know anything else about her birth family.

It is a strange coincidence though, that Alexis Miranda Badger and Aundria Michelle Bowman have the same initials (AMB).

Thanks, Carl, for clearing that up for me. I have about 20 windows open on this case right now, coincidentally one is a podcast of you speaking on this case.
Another question: In the photos of Aundria, it appears there is something unusual about her eyes. I can't think of what to call it, but they're not crossed eyes. It looks as though maybe one eye 'drifts' upward? I haven't seen this somewhat distinguishing feature listed anywhere. So, were her eyes in fact mismatched, or am I seeing things?

It looks as though maybe one eye 'drifts' upward? I haven't seen this somewhat distinguishing feature listed anywhere. So, were her eyes in fact mismatched, or am I seeing things?

I don't see that. Her eyes look to me to be pretty even and straight . Her first and second grade.class photos show her wearing glasses, but she didn't wear them when she was older. I have no info that she wore contacts.

We've always wondered if the glasses were just a prop to make her look more part of the family, since both Dennis and Brenda wore glasses regularly.

I don't see that. Her eyes look to me to be pretty even and straight . Her first and second grade.class photos show her wearing glasses, but she didn't wear them when she was older. I have no info that she wore contacts.

We've always wondered if the glasses were just a prop to make her look more part of the family, since both Dennis and Brenda wore glasses regularly.

Interesting about the glasses, and I wouldn't put it past those two to do that. I just spent some more time looking at photos of her and I am still seeing mismatched eyes. The reason it stood out to me is that when I first looked at her photo I thought, "Geez, she reminds me of "____ ____"" , a woman that lives in my town (who I know for a fact isn't her) because of her eyes. However, I will defer to you, as you know this case inside and out and have experience with these things! (Secretly, though, I will continue to watch for her here in Michigan, with that impression of those eyes.)
Thank you SO much for all you do to help others.

Interesting about the glasses, and I wouldn't put it past those two to do that. I just spent some more time looking at photos of her and I am still seeing mismatched eyes. The reason it stood out to me is that when I first looked at her photo I thought, "Geez, she reminds me of "____ ____"" , a woman that lives in my town (who I know for a fact isn't her) because of her eyes. However, I will defer to you, as you know this case inside and out and have experience with these things! (Secretly, though, I will continue to watch for her here in Michigan, with that impression of those eyes.)
Thank you SO much for all you do to help others.

Which photos of her looks like mismatched eyes? Here is a google image search The only thumbnail that I see that looks mismatched is the Runaway Train screen shot I posted on City Data, but when you open the thumb, her eyes look fine

131645d1403220682-holland-hamilton-info-needed-march-1989-alexisrunawaytrainpic.jpg

There is one thing that confuses me. I keep seeing her referred to by her birth name, Alex/Alexis on some missing posters and throughout the internet. Did Aundria know this was her birth name and use it? She knew her birth story? If she didn't go by Alexis, why is it listed like it's an alias? Did her school friends, etc. call her this or is there any evidence she goes by this? I may have missed this being discussed somewhere, resulting in my confusion.

Cathy her bio mother refers to her as Alexis, rarely as Aundria so if you're reading Aundria's FB page, you're going to mostly see her called Alexis, some times Alexis/Aundria

Thanks, Carl, for clearing that up for me. I have about 20 windows open on this case right now, coincidentally one is a podcast of you speaking on this case.
Another question: In the photos of Aundria, it appears there is something unusual about her eyes. I can't think of what to call it, but they're not crossed eyes. It looks as though maybe one eye 'drifts' upward? I haven't seen this somewhat distinguishing feature listed anywhere. So, were her eyes in fact mismatched, or am I seeing things?
Her left eye, on the right as we look at her? Yeah, just a teeny bit. It could be "lazy eye". Mr. Carbuff has that. His is quite severe, but most people don't notice it. I didn't notice Alexis/Aundria's before you pointed it out, but it looks possible.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Tomorrow is Alexis/ Aundria's 43rd birthday. Back when I 1st met Cathy I thought she would have answers before the 25th anniversary of her appearance. I still hope answers are coming soon.

Happy birthday Alexis where ever you are!

Alexis/Aundria's Runaway Train on Google Drive. Can't believe it's been 3 years since I found it

Tomorrow is Alexis/ Aundria's 43rd birthday. Back when I 1st met Cathy I thought she would have answers before the 25th anniversary of her appearance. I still hope answers are coming soon.

Happy birthday Alexis where ever you are!

Alexis/Aundria's Runaway Train on Google Drive. Can't believe it's been 3 years since I found it

No clue why I thought today was the 22nd. Friday is her birthday.

Her left eye, on the right as we look at her? Yeah, just a teeny bit. It could be "lazy eye". Mr. Carbuff has that. His is quite severe, but most people don't notice it. I didn't notice Alexis/Aundria's before you pointed it out, but it looks possible.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Alexis didn't have a lazy eye nor did she have a birthmark on her right hip.

It was 31 years on the 11th. I apologize for being late, my grandson has been sick.
If you're on FB Cathy is asking people to share the image below.
Find Aundria Bowman Facebook

Find Aundria Bowman Flier share

attachment.php

Attachments

• 03112018AlexisAnniversaryPic.jpg
    03112018AlexisAnniversaryPic.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 340
I'm sure Carl will let her know. She's easily found on FB on Aundria's FB page Your best bet is to contact her there

I didn't realize until Richard bumped the thread that I missed (1st time) posting for Alexis's 44th birthday June 23rd. I was having "one of those days", I knew it was her birthday, thought her narrative was up to date only to find out it wasn't; so I spent a few hours (in between watching my grandson) to rewrite and share it. By the time I posted it, it was almost 7pm EST.

Find Aundria Bowman posted

Today is Alexis/ Aundria Bowman's 44th birthday. Every year I pray it's the last birthday she'll have as a missing person. Her bio- mom Cathy has been devoted to finding her since she found out she's been missing. Please share this post, hoping it hits the right person who has answers
Aundria Bowman age 14 March 11, 1989 Hamilton MI REWARD $25,000.

ABowman.jpg
ABowman2.jpg
ABowman1.jpg
ABowman3.jpg

The images on the right have been age-progressed to 34 and 39 years.

Name: Aundria Michelle Bowman
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: March 11, 1989
Location Last Seen: Hamilton, Allegan County, Michigan
Date of Birth: June 23, 1974
Race: White
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 115 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Nickname/Alias: Alex, Alexis
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Small birth-mark on her right hip, Pierced ears, She may have bleached her hair blonde
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Aundria was last seen on 03/11/89 in the Hamilton, Michigan area. There were also unconfirmed sightings of her in the following days around the Holland area. To date, she has not been located.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back