IN IN - Wendy Felton, 16, Marion, 1987 -&- Tricia Reitler, 19, Marion, 1993

Al_B

Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are s
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In Tricia's case there have been three suspects named. I wonder if somehow LE could get one of them to turn on the others and talk about what happened to one or both girls.

Hoppy

well, the three suspects weren't connected at all so no way that could happen and in the paper they had only ever mentioned just two who are both in prison one is in for theft and the othe for child a abduction and I believe murder and in that case they ended up ruling him out of Tricia's case.

I have noticed though that there are a lot of cases that sound a lot like these two as far as age,height,weight, hair color in Ohio,Michigan, Illinois and other states close by.
Grant County isn't what I would call an over populated one with just under 50,000 people for the whole county, and there were no events taking place when these two disappeared.
Ego's run big in LE here so I think they never really looked outside to see if there were other cases that were close in details

A book just came out about Larry Hall and Wendy Felton's brother left a long rant the other day on the amazon review about how the author never contacted his parents and now new wounds are reopened. I feel so bad for the guy. Link below:

http://www.amazon.com/Urges-Chronicle-Serial-Killer-Larry/product-reviews/1451589948/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R1BI6YB0DDVKCB

Let's try to revisit this case and maybe even help the family get some closure. I came across this completely on accident and feel it is my obligation to bring the case back to light. I am new to this - suggestions on where to begin?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/felton_wendy.html

I know this is an old thread but I just found this site as I was going thru some stuff online about these two cases & thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth out there.
I've lived in Marion all my life & have always been interested in these two cases & recently I've really been thinking about them a lot & have been reading everything I could find on the cases.
I know with 100% certainty within my own self that Larry Hall is responsible for Tricia Reitlers disappearance (and when I point out to others why I say that, they tend to agree with me) & he very well may have been involved with Wendy's also.
I've also got a theory about where he may have disposed of Tricia's remains based on his own account & evidence found in his possession & places he was known to frequent & I spend a lot of time in that area hunting & whatnot but it is a big tract of land.
I figure if I'm going to be out in the woods hunting or mushroom hunting or whatever I might as well go to that particular area & who knows might just stumble on something.

I don't have any insights into these cases but have read about them. My dad grew up in Marion so we visited his family there a lot growing up and I have tons of memories of all the places we used to go. Every time I eat a donut I start longing for a Vogels caramel roll. Hard to believe that while I was enjoying things like that these two girls were being taken.

Itsmevkb,
I think about that sometimes too. It's chilling to look back at a time when I was doing something fun or whatever & to know at that very same time someone was going through something as horrible as these girls endured.

We're coming up on the 23rd year since Tricia's disappearance in just a couple weeks & I think it'll be 29 years this year since Wendy disappeared and to know that some lowlife coward has the information that would allow these families to finally bring their girls home and they continue to keep that information to themselves.

Some claim Larry Hall has said if Indiana would not seek the death penalty against him he would tell where she's buried at. That should be a decision the families would have to agree to but I've read several times where the Reitlers have said they don't want revenge or any retribution, they just want to bring their daughter home.

I think most of the time it's a control issue within the twisted mind of a serial killer, the fact that they hold the key that unlocks the puzzle gives them the same sick pleasure as committing the crime in the first place.

I feel for these families everyday.
I remember back when my son was in college & working at the mall in Indianapolis & his roommate went to pick him up from work at around midnight on a cold winters night & went to the wrong side of the mall. After my son waited for 30-40 min, & is cell phone was dead & he couldn't get back in the mall to a phone, he decided to walk back to the dorm. In the meantime his roommate could not find him anywhere & decided to call my wife & I to tell us that our son was missing, at about 1:00 am.
I'll never forget the panic & fear that set in. A dread so strong you can taste it. It was absolutely the single worst moment in my life. It took us about 20 min to get dressed & I grabbed a couple handguns & some ammo & we tore out for Indy. About 10 min into our drive our son had finally reached his dorm & called me to tell me how angry he was with his roommate. I can't explain in words the relief that came over me. It was as if I was actually floating above the ground rather than standing on it. I had to pull over for about 30 min after the call because I was so shook up I could no longer drive. It was like the severity of the situation just hit me all at once. And we had our son back. I could not imagine (even after going through that) what these families have gone through & continue to go through on a daily basis. And to think that some sicko is getting his jollies just knowing that he caused all that pain & continues to cause it daily just really makes my blood boil. I'd like to have about 30 min with the little cowards, I guarantee I'd get the information out of them.

I pray everyday that somehow, someway, these girls can finally come home & be laid to rest with the compassion & love that they deserve instead of spending one more night out in some cold, damp, dark & scary woods. What a day that would truly be....

Itsmevkb, unfortunately Jim Vogel retired some years back. And while a few have tried, no-one will ever come close to a vogels caramel roll! They were truly one of a kind.
Have a blessed day.

One way of connecting all of the midwestern young womens' disappearances might be to figure out if there were any Civil War reenactments going on at the general time and area they disappeared. Larry Dewayne Hall was a re-enactor that travelled all over the Midwest, participating in Civil War re-enactment type events. He has a twin brother.

There is another book about Hall : In With The Devil by James Keene

That's exactly how authorities have connected him to several cases. And there are a couple battle re-enactments in our county & adjacent counties that both Larry & his twin brother Gary were known to have been involved with. And located in just the kind of off the beaten path, out in the woods where not a whole lot of people go type of places that one might dispose of a victim.

I have yet to read Keene's book but I know the story well. Great idea Beaumont had of putting Keene in with him. And it almost kind of sorta worked. If only Keene would have waited a few more days or if his FBI handler/fake girlfriend would have gotten his message sooner..... I guess we can only speculate on how the outcome may have been different.

A lot of circumstantial evidence came out of that. Evidence that confirms in your gut what happened but not quite what Beaumont was after. The location of Tricia Reitler specifically.

I just recently learned about this forum and am particularly interested in learning whether there have been any new leads in Wendy Felton's case. I lived in the area at the time she went missing and knew one of her best friends. Does anyone know how long it took before the classification was changed from a runaway to a missing person? I wonder how that impacted the investigation. I also see this case discussed in conjunction with Tricia Reitler's - but they same quite different to me. In Tricia's case she was outside walking through a desolate area. It seemed to have been a crime of opportunity. Wendy was at home and alone for a brief window of time. Were neighbors investigated? Family and friends that may have known Wendy would be home alone? Were there signs of forced entry or is it presumed she let the person in? I have so many questions and if anybody has ideas of where I can start looking into this case I would love to get some tips. Thank you.

One way of connecting all of the midwestern young womens' disappearances might be to figure out if there were any Civil War reenactments going on at the general time and area they disappeared. Larry Dewayne Hall was a re-enactor that travelled all over the Midwest, participating in Civil War re-enactment type events. He has a twin brother.

There is another book about Hall : In With The Devil by James Keene

I believe Larry abducted 3 women from Springfield, Missouri June 7, 1992. There was a Civil War 'skirmish' in a small town 20 miles away from Springfield that wknd. I don't know how to find out who participated in it and if the organizers keep strict records. Anybody know? The women vanished leaving everything behind, meds, cigs, money, purses. They disappeared roughly b/t the hours of 2 to 8 a.m.

Missing from Springfield, MO since 06/07/1992

Where is Sherrill Levitt? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/345/4/
Where is Stacy McCall? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/350/9/
Where is Susie Streeter? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3233/9/

I believe Larry abducted 3 women from Springfield, Missouri June 7, 1992. There was a Civil War 'skirmish' in a small town 20 miles away from Springfield that wknd. I don't know how to find out who participated in it and if the organizers keep strict records. Anybody know? The women vanished leaving everything behind, meds, cigs, money, purses. They disappeared roughly b/t the hours of 2 to 8 a.m.

Missing from Springfield, MO since 06/07/1992

Where is Sherrill Levitt? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/345/4/
Where is Stacy McCall? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/350/9/
Where is Susie Streeter? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3233/9/

Larry has stated he did it in a letter. He also said there were accomplices and 5 other victims the group murdered. You have to google the Q&A to find it, but it's out there online somewhere. It was a book interview I believe.

I haven't been on in a while. Actually I couldn't find where I had posted at. Couldn't remember the name. But I finally found it so might as well revive this thread again. Keep people thinking about these cases.

dmadams87, at first glance these cases do not seem related. However, if you consider the fact that Wendy lived about a half mile from a convenience store/ gas station & she very well may have been walking down the road to that store, then the two cases become very similar.

As far as the battle reenactment theory goes, there wasn't any thing like that going on at the time of Wendy's disappearance. However, I either read or heard from talking to LE involved in the case (can't remember for sure) that there was a guy who was involved with the civil war reenactment scene, who had a big party/get together at his home for the folks who participated in those reenactments. This guy lived in Fairmount, IN. For those that don't know, Fairmount is 4 miles south of Wendy's house. And a lot of folks take the back road to Fairmount which is the same road Wendy's house is on & the convenience store I mentioned earlier.
This "get together" was held at the same time that Wendy went missing.
Could Larry Hall have been on his way to or from this party in Fairmount & spotted Wendy walking down the road to the store??? Or even seen her in her yard???
Something I've always wondered about??

Also remember hearing about some supposed youth pastor at a church in Gas City that she had started attending & he moved away shortly after her going missing. That sounds a little fishy as well.

Larry Hall has confessed to being responsible for the Springfield 3 a couple of times but then he recants.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back