GUILTY MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 #11

That is just so very wrong. They took that precious baby's life. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most of us here believe Mother RB alone killed her daughter. There is no evidence MM killed her. It was a rush to judgement. Most of us have watched this trial since day one and then some.

Most of us here believe Mother RB alone killed her daughter. There is no evidence MM killed her. It was a rush to judgement. Most of us have watched this trial since day one and then some.
A rush to judgement against the only one they could judge, thanks to the plea agreement.

Is this all going to be thrown under the rug? Are we never going to hear from the jury? I want to know what made them come to this decision. Springski mentioned the area she was left at and that MM's phone pinged in the area after she was found. Is there anything else besides the weights from his father's shop?....no that's it! RB's testimony was BS. He didn't make her write about demons in her journal, he was never a threat to her, the punch in the stomach didn't make her jump off the mattress. It was only 5 min she knew something was up after MM said he would put Bella to bed. Yes, there was testimony MM put her in a closet but RB did also! I really want to hear from that jury...

After reading comments most think Rochelle did it and MM was an accessory after the fact. She changed her story to LE about MM punching her and what she saw, didnt even remember the day her child killed. She was so drugged up and high when Bella was killed she was probably hallucinating that he did it but was probably her. How can you trust a heroin addicts story. DA knew it would be easier to get a conviction with the BF then the Mother. Travesty of justice. Shapiro really feels his client is innocent. Ive never seen a defense attorney fight so hard for his client's innocence and being wrongly convicted.

https://youtu.be/4GacLPJfu10

I'm not so sure Shapiro so strongly believes MM is innocent...but rather what he feels so passionate about and is fighting for is the law... and the travesty of justice in this case.

It is a sad day when a proven liars word can convict a man to life in prison...that I think is what Shapiro is more so fighting for.

Or maybe I am projecting my feelings. At the end of the day I really don't care about MM, but I do care about the law being misused and misguided for a "win" on the prosecutors behalf. This makes me nauseous.

The verdict does not follow the law as written for a conviction. There was certainly reasonable doubt based on a lack of evidence and the changing story of a drug addict who conveniently doesn't know the date of her daughters death and received an inappropriate plea deal for her own freedom.

Is this all going to be thrown under the rug? Are we never going to hear from the jury? I want to know what made them come to this decision. Springski mentioned the area she was left at and that MM's phone pinged in the area after she was found. Is there anything else besides the weights from his father's shop?....no that's it! RB's testimony was BS. He didn't make her write about demons in her journal, he was never a threat to her, the punch in the stomach didn't make her jump off the mattress. It was only 5 min she knew something was up after MM said he would put Bella to bed. Yes, there was testimony MM put her in a closet but RB did also! I really want to hear from that jury...

Yes. Articles like this one just make RB words true. Done deal. This is what people will read and believe.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...entence-parole-eligibility-20-years/23006220/

"Bella Bond's mother, Rachelle, testified to the jury that she watched McCarthy kill her daughter and later helped dispose of her body. Rachelle Bond was due to be sentenced this week after she pleaded guilty to being an accessory to murder, but the judge on Wednesday postponed her sentencing date to July."

The End.

Yes. Articles like this one just make RB words true. Done deal. This is what people will read and believe.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...entence-parole-eligibility-20-years/23006220/

"Bella Bond's mother, Rachelle, testified to the jury that she watched McCarthy kill her daughter and later helped dispose of her body. Rachelle Bond was due to be sentenced this week after she pleaded guilty to being an accessory to murder, but the judge on Wednesday postponed her sentencing date to July."

The End.
IMO
The end as far as we may ever know. But one day RB will get what she deserves. Karma is a.................

But she said she used his phone all the time so that proves nothing to me. Also she tested she used weights to help with her surgery. She just as easily could have said the mailman killed Bella. I guess CW would have believed that too. She testified she thought MM was goofy or goony something along those lines when she met him. What a perfect guy to blame it on. I know weird, odd, eccentric people doesn't make them a murderer. I wonder why RB made that recording of MM telling Bella how to get rid of monsters with love.

I'm not so sure Shapiro so strongly believes MM is innocent...but rather what he feels so passionate about and is fighting for is the law... and the travesty of justice in this case.

It is a sad day when a proven liars word can convict a man to life in prison...that I think is what Shapiro is more so fighting for.

Or maybe I am projecting my feelings. At the end of the day I really don't care about MM, but I do care about the law being misused and misguided for a "win" on the prosecutors behalf. This makes me nauseous.

The verdict does not follow the law as written for a conviction. There was certainly reasonable doubt based on a lack of evidence and the changing story of a drug addict who conveniently doesn't know the date of her daughters death and received an inappropriate plea deal for her own freedom.

i feel the same way...whatever happened we will never know...neither did this jury as the case was not proved. And to think an atty was on the jury and went with this verdict?

i feel the same way...whatever happened we will never know...neither did this jury as the case was not proved. And to think an atty was on the jury and went with this verdict?

I think that's very odd. I would think an attorney would be excused as a juror. I still think that juror was a plant to lead the jurors to guilt. As an attorney he should have known this case was not proved beyond a reasonable doubt.

This is the first time in my life of trial watching I've sided with the defense. My gut tells me an innocent man is going to prison. I hope I'm wrong.

I think that's very odd. I would think an attorney would be excused as a juror. I still think that juror was a plant to lead the jurors to guilt. As an attorney he should have known this case was not proved beyond a reasonable doubt.

This is the first time in my life of trial watching I've sided with the defense. My gut tells me an innocent man is going to prison. I hope I'm wrong.

i will say this atty who I believe is a woman and was the foreperson...and could not see the reasonable doubt and inability of the cw to prove the case.? sure leaves me wondering.

i will say this atty who I believe is a woman and was the foreperson...and could not see the reasonable doubt and inability of the cw to prove the case.? sure leaves me wondering.

I know very suspicious. IMHO

Whiteorchids, what an excellent point. Let's put this in perspective.
Could the mailman hypothetically speaking be her patsy also? What would the difference be for he verdict?

Let's say RB's story is she walked in on the mailman who just hit her child so hard that the child was grey and swollen and bounced off the bed. The mailman and her are "friends" so its not unusual for him to stop in the house during his route for a snack and even stayed the night occasionally. The bag the child is found in is a mail bag. A phone that has some sort or connection to him is traced to the area on the day the child's body was found.

Just RB's word. Just her word that the mailman killed her child. Same plea deal. What's the verdict?

What if she blamed the neighbor? Neighbors DNA would certainly be all over. Guilty because RB says yep, that's what happened.

What about the biological father? Put his name in there. He shows up, he's doped out and angry about whatever and with his rap sheet who wouldn't believe that? He punches Bella and kills her. I mean he had to do it right, he was there.

I just don't understand what evidence this jury went off of... other than they believed RB's story. I do think Shapiro did a great job of showing her lies.

I just don't get it.

That is how I felt before the trial and even through the trial...I wasn't sure if MM did it, and I was waiting for a strong case to be made against him to show that he did do it.

I don't feel I got at all, and I'm now verging toward him actually being innocent, with a small doubt that he might not be. I really don't feel they proved the case against him anywhere near sufficiently. I think it is more a case of "RB says she didn't do it, therefore MM's the only one that can be convicted in order that someone pays".

The more I think about RB's stories, and the more I think about the few words we have heard from MM (I think only from the police interview), the more I think his behavior is consistent with a clueless person being set up. I thought, initially, that RB was setting him up to take the blame, but I wanted to hear everything in trial before drawing any conclusions. I think I wanted to hear something to convince me he was guilty. Each day now, the less convinced I feel.

I wish we had more information. I wish we had all the documents the jury were given, all those phone call timestamps and locations. I wish we could hear more from MM, and hear a lot more questions asked of a lot more people.

<snipped>

When the 'tweeters' said he showed no emotion when the verdict was read, I thought that from the back view we had he like he visibly shrank, he just seemed to sink.

Yet he's also been so composed through the trial, and so polite when he spoke to the judge when she asked him to confirm that he didn't wish to testify. I feel like someone capable of such a crime should be acting differently? I feel like the person who was described to us should be acting differently...crazy angry, I guess? Ironically, more the way RB was acting in her police interview...

I will say, though, I don't blame the police for this outcome. They were taken in by that tiny, innocent child that shouldn't have been found that way and didn't deserve that fate. They did so much to identify her and find out what happened. I feel they think MM's guilty for the reason I said earlier, that 9 times out of ten, maybe more, it would be the man who was guilty. And they were just so disgusted with this crime that they couldn't help but feel disgust for the person they believed to be the perpetrator.

I have not really kept up with this case outside of the most very recent news (as in today's regarding the father of Bella) because I find it far too upsetting for me personally - my views especially on RB's decision to get involved with MM are not popular at all and I will refrain from stating them here.

RIP Bella I am so sorry this happened to you

Whiteorchids, what an excellent point. Let's put this in perspective.
Could the mailman hypothetically speaking be her patsy also? What would the difference be for he verdict?

Let's say RB's story is she walked in on the mailman who just hit her child so hard that the child was grey and swollen and bounced off the bed. The mailman and her are "friends" so its not unusual for him to stop in the house during his route for a snack and even stayed the night occasionally. The bag the child is found in is a mail bag. A phone that has some sort or connection to him is traced to the area on the day the child's body was found.

Just RB's word. Just her word that the mailman killed her child. Same plea deal. What's the verdict?

What if she blamed the neighbor? Neighbors DNA would certainly be all over. Guilty because RB says yep, that's what happened.

What about the biological father? Put his name in there. He shows up, he's doped out and angry about whatever and with his rap sheet who wouldn't believe that? He punches Bella and kills her. I mean he had to do it right, he was there.

I just don't understand what evidence this jury went off of... other than they believed RB's story. I do think Shapiro did a great job of showing her lies.

I just don't get it.

Thank you for an excellent post.

This verdict scares me. Honestly, I've never seen anything like this. I've watched a few judges I've disagreed with but never seen one show this degree of bias.

MM may very well be guilty but it was not proved. I've seen murder cases based on circumstantial but it was enough to put the puzzle together for a clear conviction but this was based on her testimony where she committed perjury over and over and CW and judge were absolutely fine with it.

I thought CA where I live has a terrible justice system but Boston is worse. Just like how Aaron Hernandez convicted of murder in Boston but because he kills himself it was overturned. That's insane.

Thank you for an excellent post.

This verdict scares me. Honestly, I've never seen anything like this. I've watched a few judges I've disagreed with but never seen one show this degree of bias.

MM may very well be guilty but it was not proved. I've seen murder cases based on circumstantial but it was enough to put the puzzle together for a clear conviction but this was based on her testimony where she committed perjury over and over and CW and judge were absolutely fine with it.

I thought CA where I live has a terrible justice system but Boston is worse. Just like how Aaron Hernandez convicted of murder in Boston but because he kills himself it was overturned. That's insane.

agree have to wonder about some of what we see coming from Boston....are there too many politics clouding real justice in this area or what?

agilbe said:
IMO
The end as far as we may ever know. But one day RB will get what she deserves. Karma is a.................

I'm going to have to put her name in my Google Alerts.... for further down the road!

Whiteorchids said:

My sentiments exactly!! I believe it's my first trial too that I've sided with the defense! I really don't think he's completely innocent - but NOT of murder.... I think we ALL know "who" that was....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back