NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #5

SO pretty ! Are there any pictures of her wearing her glasses ????

SO pretty ! Are there any pictures of her wearing her glasses ????

Hi Hot Cawfee-No, there don't seem to be any photos of Sylvia wearing her glasses. She probably always took them off when her picture was taken, like I always did, every time. I wish we knew what the glasses looked like, and where they ended up

I agree with this-there would have been other interested men. But, to what end? And why no subsequent interest by any of them after her disappearance? Do men hang on to a notion of a possible relationship long after the last time they've seen a woman in whom they are interested? I wonder if any of these potential suitors would have googled her and found out that she is, and has been, missing since shortly after college graduation. I wish we knew who "Red" was.

Wonder if Red was interviewed by cold case squad. Family and mmqc knew who he was, right?

There are all kinds suitors... From the overt to the silent crush. Wonder if Sylvia saved her memories, diary, letters, Valentine's, pressed flowers, pictures. We know her brother posted the "broken, cut out pictures" on another website. Did Sylvia cut them out, or someone else?

Things like an address book, I imagine, may have been in her purse. I remember the super tiny books from back then.

I still keep coming back to the marina. That was in her neighborhood and the water, the beach, and jetties were a part of her every day life. Did she ever go out on a boat with friends growing up?

If she did take the bus, how many blocks from bus stop to her house? Did neighbors know she was missing?

I also keep coming back to the no publicity, while it might have made sense for a few days, something else silenced this family. Was there word on the street, anyway? I guess I wonder about how the story of her being missing traveled... When you start adding up potential groups in her sphere, the numbers could be quite sizable. Plus, Sylvia, with her light up the room glow, is memorable.

This is not new ground I am bringing up, but in case anyone is out there who might be wondering about her, memory about life is important. Maybe someone will have the Aha moment we are hoping for...

Sylvia's college peeps could have been one of the smallest of her groups after graduation. Depends on how many in her class were staten islanders. Wonder what the mix was at the pool party? That EL and MMQC searched for her at Wagner sorority suggests friendships or contacts with underclassmen? Word of mouth and snail mail and landline was how we kept up with each other in the 70's. And it was definitely a much slower pace compared to now.

One of the greatest frustrations compounding the tragedy must have been is that this family was cut off from knowing more about the group she knew with her fiancé. A suitor in that group would be a complicated dynamic...

I think of how many women absorbed themselves in their husband's life and friends back then. It was a time before women's rise in the workplace, real opportunity, and independence came to fruition. The structure of life was very conservative for so many.

Bringing some more of Sylvia's pictures forward for new thread. Where's our girl?

attachment.php

Bumping for our girl... Where are you Sylvia?

Sylvia's college peeps could have been one of the smallest of her groups after graduation. Depends on how many in her class were staten islanders. Wonder what the mix was at the pool party? That EL and MMQC searched for her at Wagner sorority suggests friendships or contacts with underclassmen? Word of mouth and snail mail and landline was how we kept up with each other in the 70's. And it was definitely a much slower pace compared to now.

One of the greatest frustrations compounding the tragedy must have been is that this family was cut off from knowing more about the group she knew with her fiancé. A suitor in that group would be a complicated dynamic..

I think of how many women absorbed themselves in their husband's life and friends back then. It was a time before women's rise in the workplace, real opportunity, and independence came to fruition. The structure of life was very conservative for so many.

Interesting...

One of the greatest frustrations compounding the tragedy must have been is that this family was cut off from knowing more about the group she knew with her fiancé. A suitor in that group would be a complicated dynamic...

I think of how many women absorbed themselves in their husband's life friends back then. It was a time before women's rise in the workplace, real opportunity, and independence came to fruition. The structure of life was very conservative for so many./QUOTE]

This makes a lot of sense, unless she was extraordinarily independent, and not inclined to give up her own friends. In any event, I am certain that there were many, many of his friends that would have known and wondered about her when she disappeared. I just cannot believe that none of these people were curious about her. Why the radio silence? Doesn't this case seem rather unique in this sense to anybody else? I know it's been 42 years, but people do wonder about others that they used to know. Obviously, all of his friends know that he was engaged to her, and never married her. What did they think could have happened? Nobody wondered about her? I don't buy it

My husband is convinced that Sylvia ended up in the landfill; he is sure of it. Me? Not so sure

Still here go by alliemay now I check in from time to time.

I think of how many women absorbed themselves in their husband's life friends back then. It was a time before women's rise in the workplace, real opportunity, and independence came to fruition. The structure of life was very conservative for so many./QUOTE]

This makes a lot of sense, unless she was extraordinarily independent, and not inclined to give up her own friends. In any event, I am certain that there were many, many of his friends that would have known and wondered about her when she disappeared. I just cannot believe that none of these people were curious about her. Why the radio silence? Doesn't this case seem rather unique in this sense to anybody else? I know it's been 42 years, but people do wonder about others that they used to know. Obviously, all of his friends know that he was engaged to her, and never married her. What did they think could have happened? Nobody wondered about her? I don't buy it

Bbm: absolutely. I've looked up so many I used to know. It actually came in a wave of wondering, what happened to so and so, what about that ex, lol!

I think that that wondering would be doubly true for those who knew she was missing.

not sure she maybe but I wanted to put this out here. maybe she could be the midtown jane doe?
View attachment 119142View attachment 119143
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...er-concrete-Feb-03&highlight=midtown+jane+doe

Thanks madamx. I believe we reviewed this uid a couple of threads back. The physicals don't match: dentals, height, bra size a definite no. Sylvia had no cavities, no dental work in 1975. She is of German/Polish descent - the ring initials didn't match any of our info.

Thanks madamx. I believe we reviewed this uid a couple of threads back. The physicals don't match: dentals, height, bra size a definite no. Sylvia had no cavities, no dental work in 1975. She is of German/Polish descent - the ring initials didn't match any of our info.

I wanted to say the same thing, but uou beat me to it, and said it better

Wonder if Red was interviewed by cold case squad. Family and mmqc knew who he was, right?

There are all kinds suitors... From the overt to the silent crush. Wonder if Sylvia saved her memories, diary, letters, Valentine's, pressed flowers, pictures. We know her brother posted the "broken, cut out pictures" on another website. Did Sylvia cut them out, or someone else?

Things like an address book, I imagine, may have been in her purse. I remember the super tiny books from back then.

I still keep coming back to the marina. That was in her neighborhood and the water, the beach, and jetties were a part of her every day life. Did she ever go out on a boat with friends growing up?

If she did take the bus, how many blocks from bus stop to her house? Did neighbors know she was missing?

I also keep coming back to the no publicity, while it might have made sense for a few days, something else silenced this family. Was there word on the street, anyway? I guess I wonder about how the story of her being missing traveled... When you start adding up potential groups in her sphere, the numbers could be quite sizable. Plus, Sylvia, with her light up the room glow, is memorable.

This is not new ground I am bringing up, but in case anyone is out there who might be wondering about her, memory about life is important. Maybe someone will have the Aha moment we are hoping for...

I think someone in Sylvia's family cut up the photos; It's my opinion that this happened after she disappeared, and I don't think Sylvia would have done it before she went out with her fiance the last night she went out with him. Who knows, though? Maybe she did do it, symbolically cutting herself out of pictures with him before breaking up with him?

Bumping our girl back up, in the hope that somebody sees this and finds the courage to tell what they know about Sylvia's disappearance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back