GUILTY FL - Murder Plot Gone Wrong, Dalia Dippolito Captured in YouTube Video

I bet her attorneys have writer's cramp as we speak filling out the paperwork for an appeal. One of them even said at sentencing when requesting she remain on house arrest until sentencing, that there were 'several appellate issues'. Well, in his opinion anyway.

Since the 'reality TV show' defense didn't fly and the ' victim of domestic violence' defense didn't work, I wonder what kind of defense they could come up with next, if need be. How about 'evil identical twin sister' that no one knew about before?

I don't think her chances of getting another appeal are good. She was convicted twice by two different juries.

And sometimes legal experts are wrong...

I don't think her chances of getting another appeal are good. She was convicted twice by two different juries.

who said her chances of appeal is good? God this is the NeverEnding Story LOL poor Mike he has paid dearly for that booty lol

who said her chances of appeal is good? God this is the NeverEnding Story LOL poor Mike he has paid dearly for that booty lol

Exactly. The defense however, is convinced that the prosecution should not have been allowed to question MS about Dalia telling him she tried to poison Mike with antifreeze. The judge said it could only be brought out to impeach the witness. When asked on direct if MS thought Dalia actually wanted her husband killed, he said 'no'. So when the prosecution did their cross, they said "So you didn't think she really wanted to kill her husband even though she told you she tried to poison him with antifreeze a few months ago?" It was the judge's opinion that since the defense asked whether or not she actually wanted to kill Mike, the prosecution was allowed to impeach the fact he said "no" by bringing up the antifreeze. Sounds reasonable to me but what do I know.

She was convicted in her first trial but not the second. The second trial ended in a hung jury when 3 jury members voted guilty and 3 voted not guilty.

She was convicted in her first trial but not the second. The second trial ended in a hung jury when 3 jury members voted guilty and 3 voted not guilty.

I know.

That was what I said. She was convicted by two different juries. Her first jury and this one, her most recent one.

About the second trial, I seem to remember that they also interviewed the two alternates and both of them said they would acquit as well.

Thank God for unanimity or she'd be free. The state really botched that one.

I know.

That was what I said. She was convicted by two different juries. Her first jury and this one, her most recent one.

About the second trial, I seem to remember that they also interviewed the two alternates and both of them said they would acquit as well.

Thank God for unanimity or she'd be free. The state really botched that one.

Ahhh---OK---got it.

I think the big boo boo in the second trial was not putting on her 'could have been dead husband'. (And I have no doubt if MS had not gone to the police, she would have found someone to kill him).

Any idea why those 2 alternates said they would acquit? I've only watched parts of the 2nd trial and I didn't see anything that screamed 'not guilty'. I don't know how anyone could get over the 'I'm 5000% sure I want to do this'---and she hands over money and pics of her house and Mike. What were those jurors thinking? Speaking of jurors, I think only have 6 is an excellent idea. Getting 12 people to agree on anything is almost impossible.

Ahhh---OK---got it.

I think the big boo boo in the second trial was not putting on her 'could have been dead husband'. (And I have no doubt if MS had not gone to the police, she would have found someone to kill him).

Any idea why those 2 alternates said they would acquit? I've only watched parts of the 2nd trial and I didn't see anything that screamed 'not guilty'. I don't know how anyone could get over the 'I'm 5000% sure I want to do this'---and she hands over money and pics of her house and Mike. What were those jurors thinking? Speaking of jurors, I think only have 6 is an excellent idea. Getting 12 people to agree on anything is almost impossible.

I can't remember if it was a juror or an alternate but one of them decided that since she didn't have the money on her to pay the hit man when she was arrested, it meant she didn't really intend to do it. They ignored the fact that she stuffed all her jewelry in her purse because she didn't want the fake hitman to take it when he "burglarized" the house.

I tried to google exactly what they said and I found this coming from a juror on this latest trial. Such a nice change from the last trial.

:loveyou:

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-p...al-says-evidence-against-her-was-overwhelming

Here it is. I remember this guy made me so mad:

"Jean claimed to know nothing about the case going into the trial as an alternate juror. But, after the hung jury he expressed strong opinions.

"I think that was a set up," said Jean referring to the police investigation into Dippolito.

The turning point for him was listening to Mohamed Shihadeh's testimony. Shihadeh was Dippolito's former lover and friend and became Boynton Beach Police Department's confidential informant.

"The way people that it was, it wasn't like a big deal. Like he said when he went to the police station, he didn't tell them she was going to kill her husband. He said she was abused. And after that the next day they called him and changed the whole story," said Jean.

"Oh yeah, I was sitting there watching the videos, I like to make sure I have a good vantage point of the videos when they were being replayed and I was able to observe their body language," said Greg Rosenfeld, Dippolito's other defense attorney.

The judge dismissed Jean and another alternate juror right before the jury got the case. He has mixed feelings about not being able to deliberate.

"I can say yes or no cause I already knew it would have been like that cause certain people, they don't use their common sense. They just go by what they were shown on the videotape," added Jean.

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-p...ire-trial-says-he-would-have-voted-not-guilty

Wow!! Excellent videos, jkly. Thank you for posting them. What a contrast!

thinking about the sentencing, 1st judge gave her credit for house arrest but that had only been what a few years maybe if that ? This time a totel of 7 years she has been on house arrest? WOndering if the judge can say " No Way Jose" that would knock off half her 20 year sentence. Well, one can wish LOL Hoping he does not allow credit for house arrest and she will then serve around 17 years if Florida has no early release...

thinking about the sentencing, 1st judge gave her credit for house arrest but that had only been what a few years maybe if that ? This time a totel of 7 years she has been on house arrest? WOndering if the judge can say " No Way Jose" that would knock off half her 20 year sentence. Well, one can wish LOL Hoping he does not allow credit for house arrest and she will then serve around 17 years if Florida has no early release...

It still annoys me that she was a convicted felon and she got to relax at home and make babies.

anyone know if the hearing today 7.14 1est will be streamed?

Felon DD is denied a new trial even though her attorney said a juror was sleeping and said he has signatures of 6 people saying the one juror was sleeping. The Judge reviewed videos and said not the juror was not. IMOO defense was rude to the Judge as Rosenfeld kept arguing telling the judge that neither one of them was a sleep expert, and said the judge could not tell if the juror were asleep or not.

“She doesn't have to be sound asleep drooling on herself in the jury box,” he said.
It was the tone of the defense lawyers voice that got to me.

The defense said in video clip, she is a 'loving mother and is misunderstood' and he will bring in NEW evidence at the sentencing hearing. Her 1 1/2 year old son will be brought up at the sentencing. So what great bombshell new evidence will the defense have...she is pregnant again? who the father is? any one want to guess?

The reporter said the the 7 year house arrest will NOT be used as a credit in her sentence!!!! Yippee on that one.

http://www.wpbf.com/article/judge-decides-whether-dalia-dippolito-gets-new-trial/10308044

Today, Fox 29 reports sentencing is today July 21, 1:30pm east coast/Florida time. Defense lawyers are asking for 1-2 year with 163 day credit for jail time served. Defense wants DD child to be considered.

Sorry cannot link on iPad

I understand children and parents need each other, however, DD did not consider her ex husband had a family and their needs she just hired a hit man. Age should play no factor in sentencing of children in this case. If DD gets angry so easily, to try and arrange a murder, how does she act when her child misbehaves? The child is better off away from her. I hope she gets a longer sentence but I have no idea at all how this Judge will act.

What does anyone else think....short or long sentence?

Today, Fox 29 reports sentencing is today July 21, 1:30pm east coast/Florida time. Defense lawyers are asking for 1-2 year with 163 day credit for jail time served. Defense wants DD child to be considered.

Sorry cannot link on iPad

I understand children and parents need each other, however, DD did not consider her ex husband had a family and their needs she just hired a hit man. Age should play no factor in sentencing of children in this case. If DD gets angry so easily, to try and arrange a murder, how does she act when her child misbehaves? The child is better off away from her. I hope she gets a longer sentence but I have no idea at all how this Judge will act.

What does anyone else think....short or long sentence?

Very good post, MsJosie.
I'm praying for the max, whatever that is, but reality to me thinks she will get 3 years with 10 years probation.
Does she deserve such a light sentence considering she was 5000 % sure she wanted her hubby slaughtered? Oh hell no!
Lock that's bit$! Up and toss the key. She deserves to wallow under the crow bar motel, it suites her.
She should have thought about her child before she got herself knocked up on purpose, plus she was childless when she conspired to have hubby murdered. She wants her boy to be a bargaining chip, sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back