Found Deceased SC - Jerell White, 22, Lancaster, 4 July 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Jerell White, 22, was last seen at a Fourth of July party on Pleasant Road. Deputies believe there was some kind of fight there and White left, walking down the road.

In surveillance video obtained by Channel 9 on Friday, White was seen walking down a neighbor's driveway, climbing over a fence and falling to the ground on the other side.
(Video at link below)

He gets up and stumbles out of the view of the camera.

White's cellphone was found on the ground there where his(sic)scaled the fence and his broken eyeglasses were found in the driveway of the house that hosted the party.

Search crews braved the heat on foot on Friday trekking into the woods, hoping to find White, or any sign of the direction he went.

White played football and ran track at Lancaster High School. He was very active in his church playing a variety of instruments in a worship band and singing.

Shaw said this is still a missing person's case and will remain that until something significant changes.

Deputies haven't ruled out the possibility that someone could have picked him up in a car.

Family members told Channel 9 that White was comfortable outdoors and liked to fish and hunt. They don't believe he got lost in the woods.

https://wsoctv.relaymedia.com/amp/n...ls-search-for-missing-lancaster-man/552877474

25a4b7893fc74b952157510f8b9d22a5.jpg

I wonder what exactly was meant by this: "climbing over a fence and falling to the ground on the other side." like he scaled a tall fence and jumped down from the fence to land on the ground? or fell like lost footing/control and might have injured himself or something? The latter is how I interpret it, and I wonder if he was intoxicated and/or got a concussion or something and became disoriented.

eta- saw the video, he seems to launch off the fence pretty far. kinda strange.

also- link above updated now says "The body of a missing Lancaster County man was found in a pond Saturday morning."

I wonder what exactly was meant by this: "climbing over a fence and falling to the ground on the other side." like he scaled a tall fence and jumped down from the fence to land on the ground? or fell like lost footing/control and might have injured himself or something? The latter is how I interpret it, and I wonder if he was intoxicated and/or got a concussion or something and became disoriented.

also- link above updated now says "The body of a missing Lancaster County man was found in a pond Saturday morning."
I got the impression it was something like this? http://gph.is/2cZQ1sS

I haven't seen the video

Confirmed ... :(:

"Elsa Gillis @ElsaWSOC9

@LACOSO1 confirm body of Jerell White has been found in a pond off Pleasant Rd where he was last seen crossing a fence @wsoctv
1:41 PM · Jul 8, 2017"

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElsaWSOC9/status/883742906133221382

Rest In Peace, young man. What a handsome kid ... :(.

ETA: Another source confirming:
"Greg Suskin @GSuskinWSOC9

statement from lancaster sheriff confirms Jerell White found in a pond near where he crossed a fence. Autopsy to determine cause of death.

1:47 PM · Jul 8, 2017 from Newport, SC"

https://mobile.twitter.com/GSuskinWSOC9/status/883744261941985282

The moment I read the first post, my mind went to "water." That's how often this happens ... I don't understand.

From the video, I think he was intoxicated. And he was found in water [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad to say...but this young man was murdered. If he was there with a FRIEND. Someone knows something. Whoever did this was evil and cruel.

There looks to be someone behind the tree. You can see the black covered arm moving when JW approaches, looks he is thrown from the fence IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sad to say...but this young man was murdered. If he was there with a FRIEND. Someone knows something. Whoever did this was evil and cruel.
Welcome Truth1985. I assume you know Jerrell and/or close to the family?

RIP Jerrell

Confirmed ... :(:

"Elsa Gillis @ElsaWSOC9

@LACOSO1 confirm body of Jerell White has been found in a pond off Pleasant Rd where he was last seen crossing a fence @wsoctv
1:41 PM · Jul 8, 2017"

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElsaWSOC9/status/883742906133221382

Rest In Peace, young man. What a handsome kid ... :(.

ETA: Another source confirming:
"Greg Suskin @GSuskinWSOC9

statement from lancaster sheriff confirms Jerell White found in a pond near where he crossed a fence. Autopsy to determine cause of death.

1:47 PM · Jul 8, 2017 from Newport, SC"

https://mobile.twitter.com/GSuskinWSOC9/status/883744261941985282

The moment I read the first post, my mind went to "water." That's how often this happens ... I don't understand.
It does seem quite often drinking and then found deceased in water.
My guess is drinking alcohol dehydrates you and you want to quench your thirst while still intoxicated and fall, stumble, trip, etc... Imho

There looks to be someone behind the tree. You can see the black covered arm moving when JW approaches, looks he is thrown from the fence IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I see the figure of what appears to be a person but I can't tell if there is movement. but I am watching from my small phone screen.

Very sad. That area is actually a bad area :( Lancaster has like 28% more crime than the state of SC. I can't remember the exact number but it's around there. It has a crime index of 5 (100 is safest).

I watched the video and at first I thought it was shadow but now I think you're right Catch. It does look like an arm pushing. Great eyes.

No I don't know his family nor am I from that town but it's like this if he went with a friend he should have left with his friend. A true friend would ensure that this young man was ok. But the fact that he left alone speaks volumes. See some people like to cover up the truth and walk around it. Situations like this has been happening since emmit till. You don't have to know someone to state an opinion.

“We haven’t seen anything at this point that indicates foul play, but we are going to investigate fully and go from there based on those findings,” the sheriff said.

Authorities and White’s family had been frantically searching for the 22-year-old since about noon July 5. He was last seen about 1 a.m. July 5 when he left a party at a nearby home. A police incident report said White had walked away from a fight.

The bad news shook White’s family to the core. While some standing in a nearby yard softly sang, others tried to console his family.
“That’s my baby brother,” lamented an emotional Keith White, who was comforted by friends and family members. “He was the best man at my wedding. What hurts the most is I wasn’t there for him.”

Lancaster News

No I don't know his family nor am I from that town but it's like this if he went with a friend he should have left with his friend. A true friend would ensure that this young man was ok. But the fact that he left alone speaks volumes. See some people like to cover up the truth and walk around it. Situations like this has been happening since emmit till. You don't have to know someone to state an opinion.
I assumed you were a friend or loved one of Jerell's since you are new and had only posted here. My bad.
...and Yes, we don't most of the people that we post on here that go missing and we post our opinions. Again, my bad.

I agree on the friend deal...if he was indeed a true friend. Sadly, sometimes they aren't.

After watching the video several times, it does appear an arm is extended and Jerell grabs a "hand" for help getting up on the fence...but I could very well be seeing something that is not there..you don't see anyone come out from behind the tree once Jerell stumbles, gets up, and hurries away..if it was a person behind the tree, could they have been aware of the camera? Just thinking out loud...

Murdered? By whom? His friend?

At this time I think that his family is mourning I don't think they are posting on a blog at this time I don't think any family would a life has been cut short.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back