Found Deceased SC - Michael Bowser, 39, Greenville, 19 June 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
The Greenville Police Department and an Upstate family are working to find a missing man.

Officers said 39-year-old Michael Bowser was reported missing after his family has not been contacted by him since June 19.

The following day, investigators said his phone was turned off.

His mother, fiancee and close friend have not seen or heard from him since.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/35880027/greenville-man-missing-nearly-a-month-phone-turned-off
4154da779dc7ef13dc7b36bca7742373.jpg

It looks like MB has a history of larceny/theft charges. Could it have been a robbery gone wrong?
Also, I wonder who reported him missing? Was it his fiance or mother?

He also has a few DUI's in Greenville and Pickens county. The reason I bring this up is because of a missing man David Wayne Oakley that went missing earlier this year. Here are a few similarities in the cases:
Similar age -> David =37, Michael =39
Went missing in the same county.
History of DUI's in the past few years.

I guess that isn't very much connecting these two cases, but if anything it boosts David's case as well as this one.

Officers said 39-year-old Michael Bowser was reported missing after his family reported having no contact with him*since June 19.

The following day, investigators said his phone was turned off.

His mother, fiancee and close friend have not seen or heard from him since.

Bowser's mother Deborah Harrington said Bowser is from Pickens County, but was last seen in Greenville. She says her son was staying in Pickens with her and she had dropped him off in Greenville on June 16. He'd told her he had plans to meet up with a friend.

Harrington said she's been in contact with that friend, who says he hasn't heard from Bowser in months.

Harrington said Bowser's fiancee spoke to him on the phone on June 20, but that he never called to say goodnight that evening, and hasn't communicated with the family since.

The mom says her faith is keeping her strong. Harrington believes her son is out there, and hopes that anyone with information will speak up.*

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/35880027/greenville-man-missing-nearly-a-month-phone-turned-off

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Interesting that he lied to his mother concerning why he wanted to go to Greenville. Hope he is safe...

Interesting that he lied to his mother concerning why he wanted to go to Greenville. Hope he is safe...

Hello, I am the missing Mike Bowser's cousin, and yes, we share the same name. Our family is largely Catholic and some of us grandchildren are named after saints.

We still have no information regarding Mike's whereabouts, and if you guys have ANY information on him after the date that he went missing, please share this with me directly.

As for the "lying," to his mother about meeting that friend, we do not believe that's the case. We also don't believe that he was involved in a "burglary gone wrong," as he was cleaning up his life and recently got engaged. Please, for our sake, refrain from making any speculations like this as it's disheartening to read.

Mike has a good heart. He would never do this intentionally to his mother Debbie.

Again, if there is anything that your group comes across that may be of assistance to this investigation, please feel free to send me an email at mbowserjr@comcast.net.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sincerely,
Mike Bowser Jr.

Hello, I am the missing Mike Bowser's cousin, and yes, we share the same name. Our family is largely Catholic and some of us grandchildren are named after saints.

We still have no information regarding Mike's whereabouts, and if you guys have ANY information on him after the date that he went missing, please share this with me directly.

As for the "lying," to his mother about meeting that friend, we do not believe that's the case. We also don't believe that he was involved in a "burglary gone wrong," as he was cleaning up his life and recently got engaged. Please, for our sake, refrain from making any speculations like this as it's disheartening to read.

Mike has a good heart. He would never do this intentionally to his mother Debbie.

Again, if there is anything that your group comes across that may be of assistance to this investigation, please feel free to send me an email at mbowserjr@comcast.net.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sincerely,
Mike Bowser Jr.

Hi Mike- hope your cousin is safe. No offense meant by the comment. Sometimes we are more direct than needed because of the vast number of missing cases we see.

Has any new info come to light?

RIP Michael 🥀
I'd like to say a huge thank you to all of you who offered prayers and condolences when he first went missing in June. We truly appreciate the hopeful comments.

We're still waiting on the cause, and until then we'll have questions. I want everyone to know that Mike was a nice, caring and loving person and would have anyone's back whenever they needed it and we are all in terrible grief over his passing.

I don't know what else I can say about my cousin or about the public and police officials other than another thank you, so thank you.

I'd like to say a huge thank you to all of you who offered prayers and condolences when he first went missing in June. We truly appreciate the hopeful comments.

We're still waiting on the cause, and until then we'll have questions. I want everyone to know that Mike was a nice, caring and loving person and would have anyone's back whenever they needed it and we are all in terrible grief over his passing.

I don't know what else I can say about my cousin or about the public and police officials other than another thank you, so thank you.

I am so sorry for your family's loss. I hope your family gets some answers on what happened to Mike.

Where I'm from, Bowser isn't a very common name, but this caught my attention because it is my maiden name. I just wanted to say sorry for your family's loss. RIP Mike.

Skeletal remains found Monday on a vacant lot on Doe Street have been identified as those of a missing 39-year-old man from Pickens County.*

A report from the Coroner's Office states Bowser, of Liberty, died on June 19. The cause and manner of death are still under investigation, according to the coroner's report.

The remains were discovered by a person as they were collecting cans in the area.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2018/01/09/michael-john-bowser/1018827001/
8a3655e7b168234961dc1ba719c11fbd.jpg
33d77a3d8f8de0d10ccabe3c58ee5be3.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

The attached map is from the Greenville Police and Sheriff's office. It represents crimes in the area of Doe Street (circle with cross in it, middle of map) between June 2017 and today. The icons represent:
House - burglary
Car - auto theft
Dollar sign - larceny
People - robbery of aggregated assault

http://communitycrimemap.com
f6558468d7e9bf1ef365d889ac60e506.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors