Found Deceased FL - Janessa Shannon, 13, Riverview, 2 July 2017 *Arrest*

From the article above this line threw me off: "He assumed she was upset that she was being punished and had gone for a walk. But she didn't return, he said." I thought she was grounded?

The father did:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...last-seen-at-home-of-riverview-father/2330578
The father, Nahshon Shannon, grounded her that night. He checked on Janessa the following day, he said, and found no one in her bedroom at his home at 11219 Cocoa Beach Drive. He reported her disappearance to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office on July 3, a Monday.

According to that article the father checked on Janessa as late as 5 pm, on Sunday. So his daughter was grounded for sneaking out of home, he didn't see her at breakfast, or at lunch and he didn't feel any need to find out where she was?
Weird.

Has it been determined who she was last with? Did she runaway and cross paths with a monster? I've tried following online but all I've seen so far are both sides of the family calling each other out.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

According to that article the father checked on Janessa as late as 5 pm, on Sunday. So his daughter was grounded for sneaking out of home, he didn't see her at breakfast, or at lunch and he didn't feel any need to find out where she was?
Weird.
I agree.
Maybe that is their normal but imho a teen that runs away should be checked on more often.
By not checking sooner he has no idea what time she left, how far she could be.
Very Sad.

[h=1]Father of girl found dead in Riverview nature preserve no longer cooperating with investigators[/h]
TAMPA — The father of a 13-year-old girl found dead in a Riverview nature preserve has stopped cooperating with investigators, a Hillsborough County Sheriff's official said Monday.

Nahshon Shannon, 37, was initially helpful and provided an interview after a decomposing body found in a remote section of Triple Creek Nature Preserve was identified as Janessa Shannon, his missing daughter, Col. Donna Lusczynski said at a news conference Monday.
But when investigators asked to search his home at 11219 Cocoa Beach Drive in Riverview, the last place where his daughter was seen alive, Shannon refused. He is now only communicating with the sheriff's office through his attorney, Lusczynski said.

The Sheriff's Office obtained a court-ordered search warrant for the Riverview home, which is listed in case documents as Janessa's primary address. She also lived part-time with her mother Michelle Mosley, 34, in Bradenton, Lusczynski said.
Lusczynski declined to say if investigators have identified a person of interest or suspect in the homicide case.
http://www.tbo.com/news/publicsafet...n-riverview-nature-preserve-no-longer/2330665

There are specific criteria for an AMBER Alert. This case did NOT meet the criteria.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cms/Amber-Plan/Amber-Alert.aspx
[FONT=&amp]
Florida AMBER Alert

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]To activate an AMBER alert the following five (5) criteria must be met:
  • The child must be under 18 years of age.
  • There must be a clear indication of an abduction.
  • The law enforcement agency's preliminary investigation must conclude that the child's life is in danger.
  • There must be a detailed description of child, abductor and/or vehicle to broadcast to the public.
  • The activation must be recommended by the local law enforcement agency of jurisdiction.
[/FONT]

Ya know when a child goes missing I don't think u should be able to refuse your home being searched. Jmo

Ya know when a child goes missing I don't think u should be able to refuse your home being searched. Jmo
I think, let me know if not, that you can refuse anything unless they can prove a reason to search (i.e. your a suspect, or your house may be the site of a crime, etc.).
Many many people in this country do not trust LE. Some have good reasons based on history.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

But they can get a search warrant, right?

How about why was this little lady a habitual runaway? What was she running from. This has become the summer of horror. All of these young ladies and also young men. I cannot keep count. Time to buy a paperback and lay off having my heart broken for awhile.
Rest in peace Janessa.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think, let me know if not, that you can refuse anything unless they can prove a reason to search (i.e. your a suspect, or your house may be the site of a crime, etc.).
Many many people in this country do not trust LE. Some have good reasons based on history.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

But a missing child is more important esp when it's your child when that was the LAST place they were seen. But I u understand what your saying.

Yes, that is true. The only exceptions are ex cons who have signed "Fourth Amendment Waivers". These people have voluntarily waived their fourth amendment rights as part of their parole. As a result, their property can be searched at any time and for any reason.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back