MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

Just read this entire thread and was so intrigued by the people who are posting here. I have been looking into almost all girls who went missing in the mideastern area of the US during the late 70s/ early 80s for quite some time now. The were quite a few top of the line scumbags who preyed upon young people in this area specifically during that timeframe who raised the number of girls missing under unexplained circumstances to a number not matched before or since those years. That could easily be attributed to LE getting more informed and/or technology, but my research leads me to believe that in most other areas of the country the numbers of unexplained disappearances even though they declined over the years the rate of MP per area population pretty much stayed at the same rate of decrease. In the mideastern US there was such a sharp decline after 1985 that it is appalling. Maureen your dedication and devotion to your sister is so commendable, but I am sure you have heard that so much already. I have known about Judy's disappearance since almost the beginning of my research in 2010, but her circumstances leave so many possibilities that it must be overwhelming. Reading this thread, I did notice one thing you said that really piqued my interest though. You said that you wish you could do more research (or something similar) in the small area of I-95 in DE. If you don't mind answering...why that particular stretch of I-95? The reason I ask is because it is so small (definitely the smallest stretch of I-95 in one state in the length of I-95). I really would like to know why you referred to that small section of I-94 because there is a truck stop just off I-95 that is actually just a mile before the DE line in Elkton, MD and that place has a very shady history which I have been looking into for a while. Also if Judy dud take a bus, that would be a probable stop along the 95 corridor on the way to NY. The 2 that are before it between Baltimore and Elkton were a little too close for a driving break and didn't cater as well to buses and trucks as well as the one in Elkton.

This is for Maureen Judy's sister as you are he one that could identify your sister. I came across the talk about your missing sister while I was posting on the Midtown Doe in Hells Kitchen.. I really do admire all you have done and keep doing to help search for her!..
I remembered you had mentioned Studio 54 in that thread. I had come across some photos and I don't know if you have seen them before. But I thought I would give it a shot anyway and post them for you. The photographer is Tod Papageorge I believe and he took many photos at studio 54 from that time. I don't know if this helps. But if it is her at least you can try and get in touch with the photographer and ask for a date.

http://www.hommemagazine.gr/article.asp?catid=31412&subid=2&pubid=64192959
NAT_8051_4[1].jpgassets_LARGE_t_243061_54510859_type12658[1].jpg

This is for Maureen Judy's sister as you are he one that could identify your sister. I came across the talk about your missing sister while I was posting on the Midtown Doe in Hells Kitchen.. I really do admire all you have done and keep doing to help search for her!..
I remembered you had mentioned Studio 54 in that thread. I had come across some photos and I don't know if you have seen them before. But I thought I would give it a shot anyway and post them for you. The photographer is Tod Papageorge I believe and he took many photos at studio 54 from that time. I don't know if this helps. But if it is her at least you can try and get in touch with the photographer and ask for a date.

http://www.hommemagazine.gr/article.asp?catid=31412&subid=2&pubid=64192959
attachment.php
attachment.php

I looked at a lot of pictures, from that club, made by this photographer sometimes the are quit explicit...must be hurting...to know your sister was on that scene (absolutely no judgment here) Bumping for Judith.

Thanks Elie.

I'm not sure where the name Tuffy came from, I'm guessing that once she joined that line of work the name was given to her by someone. She was a strong, determined girl. She had been in at least one altercation, leaving her front tooth darkened. Maybe a fist fight. that might have landed her that name, or she may have chosen it herself. I just don't know. She was fascinated by older actresses/singers /models - I think that's where O'Day came from. And she loved her middle name because she knew it meant Ireland. She always loved makeup, it makes me sad that she felt the need to conceal her identity. There is virtually no way Judy is still alive. Her lifestyle, the number of ways we've searched, the phone calls, the national, local, and regional press I've garnered - there is no way she's still alive. Even if she didn't reach out to anyone else in the family she would have reached out to me. I'm certain of that.

I'm so sorry you've reached such a painful conclusion. I met a woman at a family Thanksgiving two years ago who sure fits your sister's description down to the front tooth. The party was in Chicago and she flew to attend to her "business" in NYC the next day. She was upset because she got drunk, fell down and lost the cap to a front tooth. She claims to be from Canada with no family. My husband commented that she really seemed to have lost her way a long time ago.

I hope you do find what happened to your sister and peace knowing you've done what you can.

she looks like the actress from "there's something about Mary" -- what is her name? I spent time clubbing in NYC too - in the late 80s. I see similarity between this girl and my sister (actually she looks more like me in the day than Judy) I will try to reach out to the photog. Thank you!

I was so devastated when the midtown doe was ruled out. Not because they weren't the same person, but because of the way the investigation dragged on for so many years, and then, very non-chalantly, the information was "oh, we've known for months." why didn't you tell me then ?

For a few reasons. First, because the bus from MD, as you state, en route to NYC, would almost certainly have stopped there. (maybe not, only an hour N of Baltimore, buses have toilets?) Next, because I lived near there for a while and I always felt drawn to the area, Third, because a very good friend of mine, whom I've known for nearly 20 years, gave me a reading once. Not a freaky deaky ouija board, sparkles and incense kind of thing but a real, what she felt, reading. She's never spent time there. I HAVE. I could almost see her there in the reading. I was in the hospital, allergic reaction to an antibiotic - no kids around - and was able to record almost the whole thing. I know it sounds outlandish. And why LE won't bite -- damn it, the last place she was seen was your damn state. LE laughed in my face, it was hurtful. LE has come up empty. I'd love to figure out a way to search for her there.

Judy O'Donnell
Race White
Sex Female
Location Baltimore, Maryland
Disappeared November 30, 1980
Missing for 36 years
Height 5'10
Weight 140 pounds
Classification Suspected homicide
http://unidentified.wikia.com/wiki/Judy_O'Donnell?file=JudithOdonnell2.jpeg
Judith Erin O'Donnell, also known as "Judy"was a young woman who disappeared in 1980. She was also known to use the alias name of "Tuffy" as both a first or last name. Foul play is suspected in her case.

O'Donnell was an aspiring actress and singer that later ended up getting involved with drugs and prostitution. She also had been known to hitchhike and be homeless on occasion.

• She had brown hair.
  • She had blue eyes.
  • Her tonsils and adenoids were removed.
  • She has a scar under her chin and on her left arm.

she looks like the actress from "there's something about Mary" -- what is her name? I spent time clubbing in NYC too - in the late 80s. I see similarity between this girl and my sister (actually she looks more like me in the day than Judy) I will try to reach out to the photog. Thank you!

Cameron Diaz

I was so devastated when the midtown doe was ruled out. Not because they weren't the same person, but because of the way the investigation dragged on for so many years, and then, very non-chalantly, the information was "oh, we've known for months." why didn't you tell me then ?

How you were treated really stinks. I'm sorry that happened. There's no excuse for such insensitivity on the part investigators.

How you were treated really stinks. I'm sorry that happened. There's no excuse for such insensitivity on the part investigators.

the part that almost always stinks about talking with LE is how commonplace that is. I'm treated at first like I'm some loon - I'm direct, I'm thorough, I'm on a mission. I'm not all tricked out and asking for money or poppies. Give me a break. I'm trying to find my sister. Maybe the Doe you have is her. Give me honest and complete (as you can) info and I'll go away the minute you can decisively tell me it's not her. I will NEVER forget the case of the girl that had been missing from Buffalo -- who washed up in Oswego NY on the shores of Lake Ontario. I called the OCSD and they said unless your sister had genetic anomolies, this body is not hers. WHY OH WHY did it take 2 more years before the family of that girl was finally connected to her? FFS, she's a couple of towns over.

THAT is my struggle. I know she's out there. I *KNOW* someone knows something -- whether it's on the LE side, the crime side. As time marches on, the likelihood becomes weaker.

Judy, wherever she is she will thank you..for being so persistence.....please don't ever stop searching for her...you are great for not giving up....and I understand what frustrating things you came across....so sorry to hear that...my heart is with you....one day I hope you will know, Maureen...what a burden in your life.

For Maureen: I do not know if you have already done so, you probably do, but I recommend you to re-check the entire Namus database for unidentified bodies and remains, when you get to a dead end, the only thing to do I think is to start from scratch again; I know it's a very long thing to check the database, but it's the only way I think.

I do find it bizarre that none of my family members have posted once in this thread - not once. Friends, yes. Family friends, yes. But not a single sibling, cousin, aunt, uncle, or parent.

I do find it bizarre that none of my family members have posted once in this thread - not once. Friends, yes. Family friends, yes. But not a single sibling, cousin, aunt, uncle, or parent.

A few MP cases I follow, it's crickets from the whole family. Not sure why. I check their FB pages on the anniversary of their loved one's disappearances or their birthdays, and there is absolutely no mention of them, no pictures, no nothing. I'm not saying they don't care, maybe it's too difficult for them to remember, but it's sad, really, that there are complete strangers turning over every rock trying to find them when they don't.
Then there are a few, such as yourself, who are relentlessly searching. I admire your determination and your dedication to your sister.

PLEASE keep the faith that someday you'll find her; please remember that many, many times challenges represent opportunity, not problems; and it only takes ONE person to unlock the greatest mystery: I have ALWAYS believed you WILL find Judy, Maureen!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back