GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

Can I ask a question for clarity from some of our American sleuthers/maybe even Harmony as you have lots of knowledge on this topic. It is my understanding that TM & MM were charged with 2nd degree murder, therefore the charge that needed to be proven was 2nd degree murder. It was up to the defense to cast reasonable doubt on that charge and/or mitigate the charges by proving self defense. Is that right?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...oject-question-evidence-to-jury-36026615.html

The defence challenges in the appeal are set to include the failure to have three lead detectives in the investigation testify about what they were told about the events of August 2, 2015.No detective testified about what was said by the father and daughter before, during or after they gave voluntary statements at Davidson County Sheriff's Office between 5am and 8am on August 2.

The Martens will also challenge aspects of the forensic evidence against them while a third tier of the challenge will be the refusal of Judge David Lee to allow sworn statements from Mr Corbett's children, Jack (12) and Sarah (10), to be allowed into defence evidence.

So on that basis, why did the defense not call any of the three lead detectives to the stand? They had the right to present any number of witnesses is that correct?

They had the opportunity to present alternate forensic theories to the jury using any number of their own witnesses and they chose not to. Surely that would mean no grounds for appeal if they were to move forward with the same counsel?

Seems to me the only basis they have for an appeal is if they can convince another judge of the worthiness of the children's sworn statements? (which I highly doubt given the time Judge Lee took to deliberate on the matter, but it is always possible I guess)

Unless they were stating they had received ineffective counsel I cannot see how an appeal application would be accepted. They had the opportunity to present a defense and they chose not to present one. Its not up to the prosecution to call their witnesses for them!

So MM testimony was missing according to CM. Funny that she was given the chance to take to the stand but refused so the only one to blame for this would be MM herself. While on the stand she could also have testified about the brick and I am sure that the videos would have been brought in if she had have testified. Only person really to blame for all these missing pieces is MM herself.

That interview is a pure advertisement for their gofund, they even link it in that article.

So MM testimony was missing according to CM. Funny that she was given the chance to take to the stand but refused so the only one to blame for this would be MM herself. While on the stand she could also have testified about the brick and I am sure that the videos would have been brought in if she had have testified. Only person really to blame for all these missing pieces is MM herself.

That interview is a pure advertisement for their gofund, they even link it in that article.

It seems obvious that Molly wanted Jason's children, and I suspect that she believed the best way to take his children and his money was to murder him. I think her father was in on the plan and that's why he brought the baseball bat to the house, and instructed his wife to stay out of it - to not call police while Jason was beaten to death.

"The family said there were three pieces of crucial evidence left out of the trial: Molly Corbett's testimony that the brick paver was in the bedroom because of a craft project, the daughter's testimony of Jason's alleged abuse towards Molly, and Tom and Molly's taped police testimony at the police station after the murder."

http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Son-of-FBI-man-convicted-of-murder--439920883.html

It doesn't really matter why there was a brick in the master bedroom. What matters is that it was covered in blood, as was the pillow and bedding. It was brought to the bedroom and used as a weapon.

Given that Jason's son used the words "verbally and physically abusive", I don't think we can believe anything the children said. That language is not normal for a child, and appears to be what he was instructed to say.

If the defense wanted to present the police interviews, they could. They chose to not present that evidence, so clearly there must be something in those interviews that presents a problem for the defense.

I would be very surprised if an appeal is successful.

grasping at straws for $s, much?
It matters nothing who or why paver was in bedroom, it only matters that it was used to crush a man's skull.

Interesting how they now focus on female orphan's alleged statement, jC junior just shot their lies outa the water with his statement.
They are vultures.. merciless.

But an innocent family, the F family right now are suffering profoundly from the lies they continue to utter against a woman they never knew, the mother of the orphans.
This, despite a statement and the ful autopsy of her death having been submitted and seen by them.

I am sick.
Somewhere along the line they must be held accountable for their sadistic and repeated attacks against the F family, who have no spokesperson, who are already grieving the premature death of their father along with their community who lost a friend.

Jmo, the children were being groomed to cry abuse. Jason worked hard for his family so they could have a comfortable family life. Molly was the stay at home parent who had enough time to make herself look like a victim . The children were exposed to evil and I hope they can recover and live a healthy life with their Irish relatives. Wishing the Irish family the best with peace they now deserve.

God it makes me mad..: mollys "testimony" about art project....: she CHOOSE not to testify.... and anyway whilst we all have suspicions as to why it was there, it is not really an issue with the 2nd degree murder charge. If it was 1st degree premeditated then why it was there is more relevant. The reality is she CHOOSE to use it regardless of why it was there.

Also did you notice The reference to the "daughters" testimony re DV in home. Is this little SC? Does that mean JC Jnr wasn't really
Strong on that point?? Interesting as they wanted him to go in first to Dragonfly House. Was that to get him through it before he changed his mind??

Can I ask a question for clarity from some of our American sleuthers/maybe even Harmony as you have lots of knowledge on this topic. It is my understanding that TM & MM were charged with 2nd degree murder, therefore the charge that needed to be proven was 2nd degree murder. It was up to the defense to cast reasonable doubt on that charge and/or mitigate the charges by proving self defense. Is that right?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...oject-question-evidence-to-jury-36026615.html

So on that basis, why did the defense not call any of the three lead detectives to the stand? They had the right to present any number of witnesses is that correct?

They had the opportunity to present alternate forensic theories to the jury using any number of their own witnesses and they chose not to. Surely that would mean no grounds for appeal if they were to move forward with the same counsel?

Seems to me the only basis they have for an appeal is if they can convince another judge of the worthiness of the children's sworn statements? (which I highly doubt given the time Judge Lee took to deliberate on the matter, but it is always possible I guess)

Unless they were stating they had received ineffective counsel I cannot see how an appeal application would be accepted. They had the opportunity to present a defense and they chose not to present one. Its not up to the prosecution to call their witnesses for them!
Partial reply to this-
The prosecutor did in fact refer to the detectives' interviews with TM.. he stated TM had attempted to outsmart them and take control of the interview.. he referred to TM referring to himself as a junior FBI agent.. he then went on to question TM about whether he liked taking control and basically chewed him up and spat him out.

It seems obvious that Molly wanted Jason's children, and I suspect that she believed the best way to take his children and his money was to murder him. I think her father was in on the plan and that's why he brought the baseball bat to the house, and instructed his wife to stay out of it - to not call police while Jason was beaten to death.

"The family said there were three pieces of crucial evidence left out of the trial: Molly Corbett's testimony that the brick paver was in the bedroom because of a craft project, the daughter's testimony of Jason's alleged abuse towards Molly, and Tom and Molly's taped police testimony at the police station after the murder."

http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Son-of-FBI-man-convicted-of-murder--439920883.html

It doesn't really matter why there was a brick in the master bedroom. What matters is that it was covered in blood, as was the pillow and bedding. It was brought to the bedroom and used as a weapon.

Given that Jason's son used the words "verbally and physically abusive", I don't think we can believe anything the children said. That language is not normal for a child, and appears to be what he was instructed to say.

If the defense wanted to present the police interviews, they could. They chose to not present that evidence, so clearly there must be something in those interviews that presents a problem for the defense.

I would be very surprised if an appeal is successful.

The bat used is the same as a bat in photos of little JC, a bat that was given to him by TM the previous summer. Little JC's bat was never found dispite search warrants.

Personally, I don't think it was planned by TM but I do think that it was by MM. Whether TM got in there when the deed was done or nearly done I am not sure but he also had blood spatter on him so he was involved at some point. Law enforcements think that they waited for at least an hour to call 911 due to the coolness of the body.

Completely agree with you with regards to the kids statement, they are not the words of a 10 year old but conveniently for ABC, they omitted to show the bits were the kids said "Mom told me". That is why the Judge would not allow them into evidence as it was believed that they were coached.

If MM had any defence she should have taken to the stand, but she choose not to, both her and her defence team presented no defence, it was all on TM statement which the jury found not credible.

This following article from last summer gives a good insight to the case.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/viewpo...limerick-man-jason-corbett-killed-413544.html

[FONT=&quot]While Mr Martens claimed he had the bat to hand as it was a gift he was going to give Mr Corbett’s son, Jack, court documents revealed that Jack Corbett told a counsellor that Mr Martens had already gifted him a baseball bat the previous summer. Investigators also said they saw pictures of the young boy playing with the bat.[/FONT]

God it makes me mad..: mollys "testimony" about art project....: she CHOOSE not to testify.... and anyway whilst we all have suspicions as to why it was there, it is not really an issue with the 2nd degree murder charge. If it was 1st degree premeditated then why it was there is more relevant. The reality is she CHOOSE to use it regardless of why it was there.

Also did you notice The reference to the "daughters" testimony re DV in home. Is this little SC? Does that mean JC Jnr wasn't really
Strong on that point?? Interesting as they wanted him to go in first to Dragonfly House. Was that to get him through it before he changed his mind??

In my opinion, MM had been "grooming" those children for her DV divorce lie for some time. One can only imagine the emotional abuse when she needed their statements for a "get-away-with-murder" plan.

How frightened and insecure they must have felt...with their Dad dead, in the hands of these people.

I think the plans to fly banners over their Irish school...to intrude in their new life...were threats and reminders that she COULD and WOULD intrude in their new lives.

After Young JC's scathing letter was read in court...she must be pinning her hopes on SC to save her.

Something tells me that is not going to happen. They are free of her now.

I am thinking that they know JC Jrn.did recant what was said in those interviews. Are they trying to say SC didn't, so can still try and use hers. How low are they willing to go. I can't find it now, but I'm sure that someone tweeted the judge said they both had recanted anyway.

I am thinking that they know JC Jrn.did recant what was said in those interviews. Are they trying to say SC didn't, so can still try and use hers. How low are they willing to go. I can't find it now, but I'm sure that someone tweeted the judge said they both had recanted anyway.

Hope springs eternal in a demented, obsessed mind. A little road trip around FB would disprove that theory in, as we say...a New York minute.

The bat used is the same as a bat in photos of little JC, a bat that was given to him by TM the previous summer. Little JC's bat was never found dispite search warrants.

Personally, I don't think it was planned by TM but I do think that it was by MM. Whether TM got in there when the deed was done or nearly done I am not sure but he also had blood spatter on him so he was involved at some point. Law enforcements think that they waited for at least an hour to call 911 due to the coolness of the body.

Completely agree with you with regards to the kids statement, they are not the words of a 10 year old but conveniently for ABC, they omitted to show the bits were the kids said "Mom told me". That is why the Judge would not allow them into evidence as it was believed that they were coached.

If MM had any defence she should have taken to the stand, but she choose not to, both her and her defence team presented no defence, it was all on TM statement which the jury found not credible.

This following article from last summer gives a good insight to the case.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/viewpo...limerick-man-jason-corbett-killed-413544.html

Thanks for the info about the bat and the link. I don't have any doubt that this was a premeditated murder. The activities after the murder make the motive abundantly clear - this was about a nanny who wanted ownership of two children and their dad's money. She was completely comfortable turning them into orphans for selfish reasons. Lying about the bat exposed her father as attempting to manipulate the investigation by falsifying facts. It's so unfortunate that she knew his plans to return to Ireland with his children, as that is the reason he was murdered.

My view on the Martens & their family.... They are the last cries of a sinking ship that was never seaworthy to begin with. They will lie in the bottom with the mud for years maybe forever. Never to resurface, remaining damaged until one day it breaks into smithereens & no one with regret it's pitiful demise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if they were able to tell if the paving brick was removed from the landscape design in the front...outside the bedroom door...or brought up from the pile outside the lower floor door?

What I mean...is a brick missing in front? It should be easy to spot if this was a professional landscaping addition.

My view on the Martens & their family.... They are the last cries of a sinking ship that was never seaworthy to begin with. They will lie in the bottom with the mud for years maybe forever. Never to resurface, remaining damaged until one day it breaks into smithereens & no one with regret it's pitiful demise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Leave her to Heaven...and those thorns that in her bosom lodge...to prick and sting her." Shakespeare...Hamlet.

Hope springs eternal in a demented, obsessed mind. A little road trip around FB would disprove that theory in, as we say...a New York minute.
I think ME is willing to sell his soul to the devil, to get the convicted pair out.

I think ME is willing to sell his soul to the devil, to get the convicted pair out.

Can he be charged ? Can he be jailed for these lies when he has access to the truth?
I desperately want him to be charged.
Does anybody know the law in relation to this, please?

Can he be charged ? Can he be jailed for these lies when he has access to the truth?
I desperately want him to be charged.
Does anybody know the law in relation to this, please?

He can't be jailed. Maybe a civil suit.

But we know he KNOWS. That's what is so curious about his media hysteria. He is the Rumpelstiltskin of this case, jumping up and down, screaming and yelling.

He is making a bufffoon out of himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back