MI - Former US Gymnastics Doctor Larry Nassar Charged With CSA *Guilty*

Testimony: Nassar’s massage treatment ‘hurt a lot’

Kim Kozlowski , The Detroit News Published 12:05 a.m. ET May 26, 2017 | Updated 15 hours ago

Mason — A 16-year-old girl testified Friday that a former Michigan State University sports doctor accused of sexually abusing patients had a reputation among gymnasts for being “touchy” and hurt her when he digitally penetrated her during treatment of her heel.

An 18-year-old woman testified that when she sought treatment for back pain from Larry Nassar — a renowned osteopathic physician at MSU and lead physician for USA Gymnastics — she told him that she felt better when he was inserting his fingers inside her “because I wanted it to stop.”

And a 17-year-old girl testified that after Nassar penetrated her vagina and anus with his fingers for back pain when she was 11 years old, human touch has not been the same.

“I am very uncomfortable being touched in any shape or form,” said the girl...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ts-doctor-hearing-sex-assault-case/102178354/

How did this go on for so long without anyone putting a stop to the monster's "treatments"? :stormingmad:
Looking at my 11 year old daughter now laying on the living room floor with her cat❤
So innocent.
Treatment my @$$!!!
While I WILL admit I do not know anything about his special " treatments "
( from a medical standpoint, IF there is one😕 )
Common sense tells me child *advertiser censored* found on his computer + penetrating girls with no adult present & no gloves used = a VERY sick minded individual.
My thoughts are with these young ladies and their families.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Report: USA Gymnastics must change to stop sex abuse

Will Graves, Associated Press Published 1:31 p.m. ET June 27, 2017 | Updated 1 hour ago

USA Gymnastics needs a “complete cultural change” to better protect athletes from sexual abuse, according to an independent review of the embattled organization’s practices.

The report, released Tuesday by former federal prosecutor Deborah Daniels, recommends that all USA Gymnastics members be required to immediately report suspected sexual misconduct to legal authorities and the U.S. Center for SafeSport.

Daniels also suggested that USA Gymnastics prohibit adults from being alone with minor gymnasts “at all times” and bar unrelated adults from sharing or being alone in a sleeping room with gymnasts. She also recommended preventing adult members from having “out of program” contact with gymnasts through email, text or social media...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...a-gymnastics-sexual-conduct-review/103231142/

Nassar to be tried on more sex assault charges

Kim Kozlowski , The Detroit News Published 12:10 a.m. ET June 30, 2017 | Updated 2 minutes ago

Charlotte — A 22-year-old woman on Friday sat in the courtroom, her face ashen as she testified what Larry Nassar, a former Michigan State University physician, told her the first time he allegedly sexually assaulted her during a medical treatment.

“The first time he said, ‘We don’t tell our parents about this because they wouldn’t understand,’ ” said the woman, who first saw Nassar when he was treating patients at Gedderts’ Twistars USA, a gymnastics club in Dimondale, a village near Lansing in Eaton County.

Later, she wiped away tears as she described how she felt about testifying against Nassar, who is accused of sexually assaulting her during a medical treatment when she was 15.

“Conflicted,” said the woman, identified as Victim C. “I feel in some way like (I am) betraying him. I know he was capable of being a good doctor and I just feel weird.” ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...arry-nassar-sexual-assault-charges/103308460/

Nassar to be tried on more sex assault charges

Kim Kozlowski , The Detroit News Published 12:10 a.m. ET June 30, 2017 | Updated 2 minutes ago

Charlotte — A 22-year-old woman on Friday sat in the courtroom, her face ashen as she testified what Larry Nassar, a former Michigan State University physician, told her the first time he allegedly sexually assaulted her during a medical treatment.

“The first time he said, ‘We don’t tell our parents about this because they wouldn’t understand,’ ” said the woman, who first saw Nassar when he was treating patients at Gedderts’ Twistars USA, a gymnastics club in Dimondale, a village near Lansing in Eaton County.

Later, she wiped away tears as she described how she felt about testifying against Nassar, who is accused of sexually assaulting her during a medical treatment when she was 15.

“Conflicted,” said the woman, identified as Victim C. “I feel in some way like (I am) betraying him. I know he was capable of being a good doctor and I just feel weird.” ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...arry-nassar-sexual-assault-charges/103308460/
These poor girls.
My daughter has a martial arts instructor & gymnastics coaches, they're a husband and wife team.
BOTH men are like FATHERS in our community. I can't imagine how she must feel. ( the conflicted feelings, worrying about what others think, worrying about the " great Dr.s " reputation, etc. ) I REALLY hope she has an amazing & LOVING support system in her life, such trauma😔
Stay strong girls! You are helping MANY, I'm sure of it.
JMO

Nassar expected to take plea deal on child *advertiser censored* charges

Kim Kozlowski , The Detroit News Published 9:58 p.m. ET July 7, 2017 | Updated 10:33 p.m. ET July 7, 2017

Larry Nassar, the former Michigan State University physician accused of sexually assaulting more than 100 gymnasts, is expected to plead guilty to federal child *advertiser censored* charges, according to a signed document that is expected to be filed next week in federal court.

The plea agreement, obtained Friday by The Detroit News, shows that Nassar is agreeing to plead guilty to three charges including receipt and possession of child *advertiser censored* and destruction and concealment of records...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...a-child-*advertiser censored*-case/103514940/

Advocates for alleged Nassar victims blast plea deal

Kim Kozlowski, The Detroit News Published 12:18 p.m. ET July 10, 2017 | Updated 12:18 p.m. ET July 10, 2017

A plea agreement that calls for Dr. Larry Nassar to plead guilty to federal child *advertiser censored* charges is sparking outrage among advocates for former teenage gymnasts who accuse the onetime Michigan State University physician of sexual assault.

John Manly — a California-based attorney who represents more than 90 women in a lawsuit that accuses Nassar of sexually assaulting them — said Monday the U.S. Attorney’s office officials recently met with nine of his clients who were gymnasts either on the national or Olympics teams.

While Nassar will still face three trials in state court involving scores of criminal sexual conduct charges, Manly said the federal authorities told the young women they wouldn’t prosecute Nassar on charges that he penetrated them without gloves, lubricant or consent under the guise of medical treatment...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/07/10/larry-nassar-outrage/103576244/

Ridiculous! Why should this well known doctor get plea deals for so many cases? As many young women who came forward, there MUST be truth to it. They were very brave to step up and report him.

Why spend all the hours of investigating him if only to give him a pass on the majority of his charges?

It is deals like this that just irk me when we know of the many crimes he has committed, what about the ones he didn't get caught with? It is highly unlikely that LE, FBI, or other investigating agencies are aware of everything in his past.
Another Jerry Sandusky? JMO.

Dr. Larry Nassar to plead guilty to child *advertiser censored* charges

By Dave Bartkowiak Jr.

Posted: 10:32 AM, July 11, 2017
Updated: 10:58 AM, July 11, 2017

Dr. Larry Nassar will plead guilty to child *advertiser censored* charges during a hearing Tuesday.*
The former Michigan State University and USA Gymnastics physician was arrested last year on the child *advertiser censored* charges including:

-Receipt and attempted receipt of child *advertiser censored*
-Possession of child *advertiser censored*
-Destruction and concealment of records and tangible objects

Nassar has agreed to plead guilty to all of those charges. As part of the plea agreement he*will not be prosecuted for sexual exploitation and attempted sexual exploitation of children, as well as interstate or international travel with intent and engaging in illicit sexual conduct. Those charges were related to an incident which is alleged to have occurred in*Nassar's*swimming pool with two children in the summer of 2015...*

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...guilty-to-child-*advertiser censored*-charges

Nassar pleads guilty to child *advertiser censored* charges

Kim Kozlowski, The Detroit News Published 11:31 a.m. ET July 11, 2017 | Updated 11:31 a.m. ET July 11, 2017

Grand Rapids — Larry Nassar, the former Michigan State University physician accused of sexually assaulting more than 100 gymnasts, pleaded guilty Tuesday to federal child *advertiser censored* charges.

Under a plea agreement, obtained Friday by The Detroit News, Nassar agreed to plead guilty to three charges including receipt and possession of child *advertiser censored* and destruction and concealment of records.

In return, federal authorities agreed not to prosecute him on allegations of child sex abuse involving four alleged victims...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...guilty-child-*advertiser censored*/103600486/

Jul 11 2017, 12:26 pm ET

Gymnastics Abuse Scandal: Dr. Larry Nassar Pleads Guilty to Child *advertiser censored*

by Tracy Connor and Christopher Lane

The gymnastics doctor at the center of a sexual-abuse scandal that rocked the Olympic sport pleaded guilty on Tuesday to federal child *advertiser censored* charges after striking a deal that some of his accusers denounced as "outrageous."

The plea agreement, which still has to be accepted by the judge, calls for a reduced sentence of 22 to 27 years; the three counts each carry a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison.

The agreement also means Larry Nassar, 54, will not face federal criminal charges for allegedly molesting Olympic and national team gymnasts at out-of-state and overseas locations. He does face trial on state charges for alleged abuse in Michigan. ls for a reduced sentence of 22 to 27 years; the three counts each carry a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ds-guilty-child-*advertiser censored*-n781741

The plea agreement, first reported Friday evening by the Detroit News, was signed by Nassar on June 23, and by his attorney July 5. Prosecutors are expected to file the document in federal court Tuesday. Nassar still faces 22 state charges in Michigan relating to allegations of sexually assaulting children, and convictions in those cases could result in a life sentence. Nassar has maintained his innocence.

[...]

In September, the document states, Nassar paid $49 to have a computer service store “wipe” his work laptop, and also tried to dispose of two hard drives. Police discovered the hard drives in Nassar’s garbage cans when they came to search his home. An FBI agent later testified that the hard drives contained approximately 37,000 images and videos of child *advertiser censored*, some showing girls as young as 6.

<snip> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ged-abuse-at-olympics/?utm_term=.8d26fd579b90

Hopefully, there will be enough from the remaining cases to put Nassar in prison the rest of his life. But, dropping the other charges is like a slap in the face for those girls (some now women) who were assaulted by him, and after they worked up the courage to come forward with their claims against him.

The plea agreement, first reported Friday evening by the Detroit News, was signed by Nassar on June 23, and by his attorney July 5. Prosecutors are expected to file the document in federal court Tuesday. Nassar still faces 22 state charges in Michigan relating to allegations of sexually assaulting children, and convictions in those cases could result in a life sentence. Nassar has maintained his innocence.

[...]

In September, the document states, Nassar paid $49 to have a computer service store “wipe” his work laptop, and also tried to dispose of two hard drives. Police discovered the hard drives in Nassar’s garbage cans when they came to search his home. An FBI agent later testified that the hard drives contained approximately 37,000 images and videos of child *advertiser censored*, some showing girls as young as 6.

<snip> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ged-abuse-at-olympics/?utm_term=.8d26fd579b90

Hopefully, there will be enough from the remaining cases to put Nassar in prison the rest of his life. But, dropping the other charges is like a slap in the face for those girls (some now women) who were assaulted by him, and after they worked up the courage to come forward with their claims against him.
SICK

Raisman: USA Gymnastics needs sweeping change

Will Graves, Associated Press Published 11:03 p.m. ET Aug. 19, 2017 | Updated 11:34 p.m. ET Aug. 19, 2017

Anaheim, Calif. — Aly Raisman is ready to talk about “the elephant in the room.” And the six-time Olympic medal winning gymnast thinks it’s time USA Gymnastics joins in a conversation she feels is long overdue.

The 23-year-old is calling for sweeping change in the organization in the wake of dozens of allegations of sexual abuse former national team doctor Larry Nassar, a scandal that has left one of the U.S. Olympic movement’s marquee programs scrambling and Raisman shaken.

Larry Nassar spent nearly 30 years as an osteopath with the USA Gymnastics program and is now in prison in Michigan after pleading guilty to possession of child *advertiser censored*. Nassar is still awaiting trial on separate criminal sexual conduct charges in addition to being sued by over 125 women in civil court who claim he sexually assaulted them under the guise of treatment.

Nassar has pleaded not guilty to the assault charges and the dozens of civil suits filed in Michigan are currently in mediation...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...aisman-usa-gymnastics-needs-change/104766504/

I'm so glad Aly spoke up.

This is a nightmare. My heart goes out to every one of those girls and their families.

First Bill Cosby's victims, and now this???

Right? Disgusting. It is truly hard to live in this world sometimes.

Raisman: USA Gymnastics needs sweeping change

Will Graves, Associated Press Published 11:03 p.m. ET Aug. 19, 2017 | Updated 11:34 p.m. ET Aug. 19, 2017

Anaheim, Calif. &#8212; Aly Raisman is ready to talk about &#8220;the elephant in the room.&#8221; And the six-time Olympic medal winning gymnast thinks it&#8217;s time USA Gymnastics joins in a conversation she feels is long overdue.

The 23-year-old is calling for sweeping change in the organization in the wake of dozens of allegations of sexual abuse former national team doctor Larry Nassar, a scandal that has left one of the U.S. Olympic movement&#8217;s marquee programs scrambling and Raisman shaken.

Larry Nassar spent nearly 30 years as an osteopath with the USA Gymnastics program and is now in prison in Michigan after pleading guilty to possession of child *advertiser censored*. Nassar is still awaiting trial on separate criminal sexual conduct charges in addition to being sued by over 125 women in civil court who claim he sexually assaulted them under the guise of treatment.

Nassar has pleaded not guilty to the assault charges and the dozens of civil suits filed in Michigan are currently in mediation...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...aisman-usa-gymnastics-needs-change/104766504/

You may call me naive, but I thought a program of this size and importance, with such media coverage, would have been under sufficient scrutiny to prevent this kind of thing. Who is supposed to be in charge of oversight? Shouldn't there be some governing body that checks to ensure girls are safe? WTH? :gaah:

Here's the Wiki for USA Gymnastics Assn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_Gymnastics

Many of the members of the Board of Directors are athletes, like Mary Lou Retton, Cathy Rigby, etc. Maybe we should send them an email and ask them to address Ms Raisman's concerns.

The news article also states other members of the USGA knew about the abuse, but looked the other way. That should be fully investigated and prosecuted.

Gold medal-winning Olympic gymnast McKayla Maroney says she was molested by Larry Nassar
'It started when I was 13 years old'

DETROIT - Olympic gold medal-winning U.S. gymnast McKayla Maroney says she was molested by former USA gymnastics and Michigan State University doctor*Larry Nassar.

Maroney posted a statement to Twitter, where the 21-year-old alleges Nassar*molested her for many years.*“People should know that this is not just happening in Hollywood,” she wrote.

“It started when I was 13 years old, and it didn’t end until I left the sport,” Maroney continued. “I had a dream to go to the Olympics, and the things that I had to endure to get there were unnecessary and disgusting.” ...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...maroney-says-she-was-molested-by-larry-nassar

Gymnast Maroney says she was assaulted by MSU doc

Olympic Gold medalist McKayla Maroney joined thousands of other women who have tweeted #MeToo on Wednesday when she posted on Twitter that she was sexually assaulted by former Michigan State University physician Larry Nassar.

She tweeted that she was molested by Nassar, the former team doctor for the U.S. Women’s National Gymnastics Team, and Olympics Team, starting when she was 13 years old at her first National Team training camps in Texas and didn’t stop until she left the sport.

“Dr. Nassar told me that I was receiving ‘medically necessary treatment that he had been performing on patients for over 30 years,’” wrote Maroney, 21. “It seemed whenever and wherever this man could find the chance, I was ‘treated.’” ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...aroney-says-assaulted-larry-nasser/106760698/

This is absolutely sickening. I'm just beyond heartbroken and pissed for the girls that had to endure and continue to endure this nightmare. Life in prison is too good for these monsters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back