GUILTY Denmark - Kim Wall, 30, Copenhagen, 10 Aug 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...dy-sink-peter-madsen-copenhagen-a7907686.html

Kim Wall: Piece of metal was attached to Danish journalist's headless torso 'likely with the purpose to make it sink'

Swedish journalist's remains identified on Wednesday morning, police announce

BBM

I had not expected this. With every detail, this crime becomes more horrible.

:rose: Rest in Peace, Kim Wall. My heartfelt condolences to your partner and your family. May your memory be a blessing.

So I'm guessing he will go for the Ian Huntly style of defence and claim he did kill her but it was all an terrible accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking at a press conference on Wednesday morning, Copenhagen police’s vice-president, Jens Møller, also said that DNA taken from a hairbrush and toothbrush belonging to Wall had matched that of blood found on the submarine.

He said metal weights had been attached to the body to prevent it from floating.

“Damage seems to have been done to the torso in an attempt to ensure that air and gases escape and the body won’t drift to the surface,” Møller said at the press conference.

[..]

On Wednesday, local media reported that Danish police said they would look into whether unresolved past cases could be connected with Wall’s case. In 1987, the torso of a Japanese tourist was found in the waters of Copenhagen harbour.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...rm-torso-found-copenhagen-journalist-kim-wall

BBM. I'm not sure I want to know what that means.

There's no real way for PM to explain his way out of this.

RIP Kim.

In 1986 there was also a similar case in the same area. Police are searching for possible connection to Peter Madsen, who was 15 years old at the time!

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/k...-polisen-tittar-pa-fallet-med-styckad-student

After finding remains in Køgebukten, the police are now searching through similar unresolved old cases.

Among other things, the mysterious murder of a 22-year-old Japanese woman, who disappeared during her journey through Scandinavian countries in 1986.

Her body parts were found in the water outside Copenhagen in several plastic bags.

The police are now reviewing old cases, to see if they can possibly find common denominators with the suspected murder of Kim Wall.

"We always do that, and for example we have noted a case from 1986 when bodyparts from a Japanese tourist were found in Copenhagen's port. We'll look at that," Jens Møller Jensen at the Copenhagen Police said during a press conference on Wednesday.

In October 1986 a taxi driver saw a plastic bag floating in the water at Islands Brygge in Copenhagen. The bag contained the lower body and legs which later appeared to belong to a Japanese student who had disappeared 25 days earlier.

The 22-year-old Kazuko Toyonaga traveled from Tokyo in May 1986 and traveled through Germany, Sweden and Denmark.

Several days after the first find, another bag of body parts was found, this time in Christianshavn's Channel, Danish TV2 states. The body parts belonged to the same woman, but the police only managed to identify the victim eight months later, with help from a German dentist.

The case was never resolved. When the murder was committed, Peter Madsen was 15 years old.

BBM

I'm not sure what to make of this. Fifteen seems terribly young for such cruel deed, but then again, inventors are ahead of their time. Challenging rules and laws is the core of being an inventor.
If indeed the death of Kim Wall was an accident, then the idea to cut off the head and limbs must have come from somewhere. Panic? not likely IMHO. Doing so won't help your case if you also claim that it was an accident.

BTW I have been reading a bit about Kazuko Toyonaga. The German Der Spiegel reported that she earned the money for her trip by working as a tester for the anticonceptive pill that was being developed at the time. This came out during the investigation into her background. The pill is forbidden in Japan to this day, so it was a kind of scandal that Japanese women had been recruited to test it.

http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-13523411.html

Can't see how this would possibly connect her to 15 year old Madsen, while the connection between Madsen and Kim Wall is obvious and logical.

Sure 15 years of age is young, but maybe he could had been a partner in crime somehow....?

It would be a hell of a gap between two killings, if Madsen killed the Japanese woman.

I believe as Ironside does, that this was a sexual rejection, which ended in murder. Possibly he raped her.

I don't think he lured her onto the sub with the intention of murdering her. I think the murder happened when be became enraged at her for not wanting him sexually. If his main intention from the outset was to murder her, he wouldn't have done it on the submarine.

I think he was very full of himself, and his ego was inflated even more when this beautiful and accomplished journalist approached him, wanting to write a feature on him. I think that he imagined that he would give this woman a trip in his submarine and she would be so impressed by him and his invention, that she would find him irresistible.

An appalling end for this talented, intrepid young woman.

I don't think he'd have planned this, he'd never have wanted to scuttle his submarine. I think he had some other kind of scenario in mind, where she submitted to his seduction. He's not the kind of man who takes no for an answer: he had a plan to build his own rocket and fly to the moon.

I also don't think luring someone onto a sub that many people were aware of would be an initial plot for murder, especially for someone as smart as an inventer. Because already red flags first and only suspect.

A terrible accident causing decapitation? Umm..

Buried at sea? Why decapitated. In a panic ok dead body I can see the reasoning if unable to make it to shore and it sunk with the ship. But obviously not the case to mutilate the corpse.

This is very very weird and very very sad. I really hope he gives an honest account and it probably will be gruesome and her poor family...but the motive, lies, and now the torso? Nobody deserves that. To be alone underwater, that takes a great deal of trust and passion for her work. Makes me sick to think it could of been any worse.

Oops, posted without reading shadowdancer's post, I agree completely.

It seems she was the one who approached him for the article, but I expect he was the one who proposed the submarine ride for just the two of them, having some plausible reason why no one else could come along. I wish she'd brought someone as her photographer, even if they took bad photos.

I also don't think luring someone onto a sub that many people were aware of would be an initial plot for murder, especially for someone as smart as an inventer. Because already red flags first and only suspect.

A terrible accident causing decapitation? Umm..

Buried at sea? Why decapitated. In a panic ok dead body I can see the reasoning if unable to make it to shore and it sunk with the ship. But obviously not the case to mutilate the corpse.

This is very very weird and very very sad. I really hope he gives an honest account and it probably will be gruesome and her poor family...but the motive, lies, and now the torso? Nobody deserves that. To be alone underwater, that takes a great deal of trust and passion for her work. Makes me sick to think it could of been any worse.
She wasn't only decapitated, her limbs were removed. And the attempt was to sink the body (which worked with everything but the torso). He murdered and dismembered her then tried to hide what he'd done. I'm sure he thought what he did would never be discovered.

Also, maybe there isn't a 30 year gap. Maybe he got better at hiding bodies and this is the one he messed up on.

MOO

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It seems she was the one who approached him for the article, but I expect he was the one who proposed the submarine ride for just the two of them, having some plausible reason why no one else could come along. I wish she'd brought someone as her photographer, even if they took bad photos.

Yes, he probably saw the submarine ride as a perfect opportunity to impress and then seduce her.

I wonder if he would have even agreed to take her out on the sub if she had insisted on bringing somebody else along.

So tragic and sad that Kim ever went on that sub in the first place. It is horrific, and I can't imagine the terror she felt over what transpired. I agree with others that she likely refused his advances and this egoist went ballistic with rage.
"Buried" at sea after an "accident" with purposely dismembering and weighting her body, scuttling the sub...how is his attorney going to defend that?
May he spend the rest of his miserable life in a cell.
:(
Rest in peace Kim.

Based on the articles it seems like these are the quick facts about Madsen:

- Genius / inventor
- Social awkward
- Temperamental / fits of rage w/ Journalists over bad publicity
- No reported history of violence
- Ego / Narcissist
- Contentious relations with colleagues and former colleagues

Base on these quick facts, I think nothing was more important to Madsen than is work, his genius inventions, his most prized possessions / accomplishments. IMO, his work projects became his obsessions. Everything probably down to every little details was his way or the high way making him snap into rages when things didn't go his way with co workers / journalists. IMO, although he may be socially awkward... I don't think he would risk bad publicity of his work / reputation to seduce a journalist who was in a relationship. Also, don't think he would risk his work and reputation over a sexual rejection.

I think it's more likely Wall died in some sort of accident. Either in a fit of rage OR a safety hazard due to negligence. Reporting the accident (whatever it was), probably would have resulted in his license getting revoked, his company shutting down, or some other law suit as a failure to comply with safety regulations or something of the sort.

I think the thought of losing his obsession drove him to cover up the accident in the most horrific way.

I hope he gets locked up and never sees the light of day for his actions.

All JMO!

It would be a hell of a gap between two killings, if Madsen killed the Japanese woman.

I believe as Ironside does, that this was a sexual rejection, which ended in murder. Possibly he raped her.

I don't think he lured her onto the sub with the intention of murdering her. I think the murder happened when be became enraged at her for not wanting him sexually. If his main intention from the outset was to murder her, he wouldn't have done it on the submarine.

I think he was very full of himself, and his ego was inflated even more when this beautiful and accomplished journalist approached him, wanting to write a feature on him. I think that he imagined that he would give this woman a trip in his submarine and she would be so impressed by him and his invention, that she would find him irresistible.

or he thought she was going to write something negative about him, he seemes to have a thing for reporters that write stories he does not approve of and he likes to throw tools at people, what a strange person

I don't think we'll ever know for certain what happened on that submarine. He is going to paint himself in the best light.

Personally I think it was a sexual advance that got violent and she was choked to death. If it was a case of chucking a spanner at her and that killed her he could claim an accident so he'd have no need to chop her up.

I don't know why killers still feel the need to chop up bodies anymore, have they never heard of DNA? This guy is such an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member