GUILTY WA- 3 N. Seattle brothers, 78,79 & 82, arrested child sex-abuse investigation

LE dropped the ball horribly in 2013. They had the images and the admission of guilt, but no charges!!! I have witnessed it many times, elderly people are not taken seriously when it comes to crime. They are given a pass and compassion when none should be given. They can and do willingly harm people and know exactly what they are doing in these abuse cases. This case is sickening!!!

Too true! A dirty old man was quite possible a dirty young man.

I have a feeling this is gonna be huge. Prayers for the poor victims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seems unlikely because of the age of the perps. Anything much earlier?

I agree they seem unlikely, but they were the only younger girls listed on that site. Some listings were from much longer ago, but were older girls, parental abduction, far from Seattle, etc.

I want to know what this is all about - "In a crawl space in the home, investigators found a pink child’s hat, partially buried in dirt beside a burned note."

LE dropped the ball horribly in 2013. They had the images and the admission of guilt, but no charges!!! I have witnessed it many times, elderly people are not taken seriously when it comes to crime. They are given a pass and compassion when none should be given. They can and do willingly harm people and know exactly what they are doing in these abuse cases. This case is sickening!!!

They didn't have enough to convict under the law as it exists:

“The case was reviewed by a deputy prosecutor and ICAC (Internet Crimes Against Children) investigators, and it was determined that the images did not meet filing standards for exploitation crimes against children,” Dan Donohoe, a spokesman for Prosecutor Dan Satterberg, wrote in an email Tuesday about the 2013 investigation. “As a result, we would not be able to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt and charges were not filed.”

Source: http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...loitation-charges-against-3-elderly-brothers/

Of course, bystanders like us can argue all day long about whether they took the right action, but it sounds like they didn't have the evidence they needed back in 2013. And the admission of guilt applied to crimes where the statute of limitations had expired.

This is an absolutely horrifying case, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we hear worse as it is investigated. The number of victims could be huge. :( And I can't imagine the horror of being the relative who found the obscene materials. Three lifetimes of unimpeded crime - when I think of the victims, it's just heartbreaking.

This is horrendous. They were all born in the early and mid 1930's, so the sexual abuse probably started in the 1940's. Their oldest victims could be 70 and the youngest?

Here are more details. Read at your own risk. One victim is quoted in the first article. It's quite possible there were murders IMO.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Police-Seattle-Children-s-janitor-brothers-11948353.php

http://www.seattletimes.com/news/po...ges-of-children-sexually-abusing-young-girls/

Oh no, beyond horrific. I don't know if I need to be sick or scream.

[h=1]Detectives search Seattle house where 3 brothers had ‘obsession with young children'[/h]
gfx-1_1503512948275_8939017_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

According to the linked article timeline, Edwin abused a sister and one of her daughters. In the video report, Edwin's twin sister says that it was her daughter who discovered the child *advertiser censored* and reported it to the police. Since they were both shocked, I assume they were not victims and knew nothing about the abuse. But one wonders....

January 25, 2013: Seattle police Detective Danial Conine interviews Edwin Emery at 141 N.E. 59th St. He admits there could be child *advertiser censored* on his computer, admits to sexual abuse of one of his sisters and that sister’s daughter, according to court documents. Then age 73, Edwin Emery also discusses his sexual attraction to “sub-teenage” girls, court documents state. The interview is recorded. However, prosecutors do not file charges.

I've seen articles that refer to the brothers having lived together for over 50 years, but I haven't seen anything that indicates how long they've lived in the house in Seattle. I wonder where they lived prior to that.

They didn't have enough to convict under the law as it exists:

“The case was reviewed by a deputy prosecutor and ICAC (Internet Crimes Against Children) investigators, and it was determined that the images did not meet filing standards for exploitation crimes against children,” Dan Donohoe, a spokesman for Prosecutor Dan Satterberg, wrote in an email Tuesday about the 2013 investigation. “As a result, we would not be able to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt and charges were not filed.”

Source: http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...loitation-charges-against-3-elderly-brothers/

Of course, bystanders like us can argue all day long about whether they took the right action, but it sounds like they didn't have the evidence they needed back in 2013. And the admission of guilt applied to crimes where the statute of limitations had expired.

This is an absolutely horrifying case, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we hear worse as it is investigated. The number of victims could be huge. :( And I can't imagine the horror of being the relative who found the obscene materials. Three lifetimes of unimpeded crime - when I think of the victims, it's just heartbreaking.

I agree that sufficient evidence is necessary in order to successfully file charges in these cases. But it really drives home the importance of lifting the statute of limitations on all sexual assault cases to equal those of murder (meaning no limit) in all states and not only for children but for all. I know there is leeway in some states that allow the statute to start running at the time a victim comes forward or realizes they were abused but IMO there shouldn't be any limitations. Period.

I also agree with y'all that we'll discover a long history of abuse by these brothers. I can't help but think of John Wayne Gacy. I also saw a program (maybe on ID? I don't remember) about a girl in Tacoma who went missing in 1961 that may have been linked to Ted Bundy - when he was... 14?!

What ticks me off the most is that these men are so old that they may have gotten away with crimes for many years and even if they go to prison tomorrow they'll have had decades of living free from punishment. :mad:

Guhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 🤢

I'm just so thankful the police and FBI are involved now. It appears he's a habitual child sexual abuser, imo.

Insidious, to say the least.

According to the linked article timeline, Edwin abused a sister and one of her daughters. In the video report, Edwin's twin sister says that it was her daughter who discovered the child *advertiser censored* and reported it to the police. Since they were both shocked, I assume they were not victims and knew nothing about the abuse. But one wonders....

January 25, 2013: Seattle police Detective Danial Conine interviews Edwin Emery at 141 N.E. 59th St. He admits there could be child *advertiser censored* on his computer, admits to sexual abuse of one of his sisters and that sister’s daughter, according to court documents. Then age 73, Edwin Emery also discusses his sexual attraction to “sub-teenage” girls, court documents state. The interview is recorded. However, prosecutors do not file charges.

[emoji202]MOO

I've seen articles that refer to the brothers having lived together for over 50 years, but I haven't seen anything that indicates how long they've lived in the house in Seattle. I wonder where they lived prior to that.

Here's what the article says about ownership of the house in Seattle...

March 14, 1962: Edwin H. Emery, one of the three brothers, buys the Green Lake property at 141 N.E. 59th St. in Seattle. March 14, 1962, is the day the deed was filed. Edwin purchases the home for $12,950. City directories list only Thomas D. Emery at the property in 1965, 1980 and 1990. The 1965 Seattle city directory lists Thomas and Edwin H. Emery.

So there is some contradiction in the City directory about who lived there and when.

There is a house they owned in Shelton that was also searched but it doesn't say who lived there and when.

The search extended from the home in the Green Lake neighborhood to another home the brothers owned 90 miles away in Shelton.

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/detectives-dig-for-evidence-at-house-where-3-brothers-had-obsession-with-young-children/597046266

Wow. Praying they find out who the girls are and that they are all alive. I did see in one of the articles that a flyer about Lindsey Baum was found. I sure hope if they had anything to do with her disappearance the evidence is there.
I think we will be following this story for a while.

3 brothers in child *advertiser censored* bust investigated for Lindsey Baum disappearance

https://komonews.com/story/3-brothe...t-investigated-for-lindsey-baum-disappearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I suggested Lindsey I didn't actually think...... wow.

When I suggested Lindsey I didn't actually think...... wow.

I didn't either since it's so far from Seattle. I didn't know the house in Shelton is only 25 miles from Lindsey's town. You were right.

I was snooping around looking for more addresses for these brothers, family property, etc. and saw that their mother died in 1986 or 1987 and I show her at that address (of course, she could have been in a care facility and mail just going to that address). But I do wonder if she was in that home while any of this was going on :( Older brother seems to be the one that passed away in 2016 and had the home in Shelton. But I wonder if that is also a long term family owned home as I showed the three creepy brothers going to high school in Shelton (at least long enough to be in the yearbook).

The father (Harold) of these three shows an address in Shelton on his WW2 draft registration so the family must have lived in Shelton and then some of them moved to that house in Seattle. It's late and I am tired so maybe not making much sense lol I do wonder if the older brother that passed away was involved as well. I really hope not. :( This is all just so sick.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back