NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for mentioning the PTSD. There is far more to this then a labelling it as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Its really easy to grasp for something to cause this type of behaviour. We must be careful to not stigmatise and generalise mental heath issues. The repeated pattern of this does not suggest the rare triggered PTSD act of violence. Most PTSD sufferers are self harm inflicters, not outwardly violent. Same with Schizophrenia and other mental health illness. I am more apt to see a sociopathic personality disorder with this. Sure something triggered him to begin the process, something snapped or removed his filters, but it is not a trigger in a PTSD sense. This is not an oops I did it again situation. This is calculated, scheming, and violent. PTSD is not that. IMOO

I don't think TR's killing has anything to do with PTSD. Don't forget, he was also a pedophile. In my opinion he killed in order to get or maintain his access to children. He probably murdered the women when they found out he was molesting their children. The women may have tried to leave or threaten to go to the police. IMO, he didn't want to actually take care of the children, however, so he uses them to find another sympathetic woman with more children. The outlier in this theory is Eunsoon, however, because he told her he didn't want to have kids. Perhaps by then he really wanted to stop running and changing his name. He stayed in the same place for a long time prior to meeting her. Perhaps he also realized that technology was getting to a place where he would eventually be recognized. Or perhaps he thought he could get away with murdering Eunsoon and taking over her property which included a pottery kiln. :sick:

Last year I was in surgery when Jacob Wetterlings remains were found. I leave for a mini trip and this case cracks wide open!

I'm having surgery again next month so I'll be waiting to see what cold case breaks next [emoji6]

Now to catch up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think TR's killing has anything to do with PTSD. Don't forget, he was also a pedophile. In my opinion he killed in order to get or maintain his access to children. He probably murdered the women when they found out he was molesting their children. The women may have tried to leave or threaten to go to the police. IMO, he didn't want to actually take care of the children, however, so he uses them to find another sympathetic woman with more children. The outlier in this theory is Eunsoon, however, because he told her he didn't want to have kids. Perhaps by then he really wanted to stop running and changing his name. He stayed in the same place for a long time prior to meeting her. Perhaps he also realized that technology was getting to a place where he would eventually be recognized. Or perhaps he thought he could get away with murdering Eunsoon and taking over her property which included a pottery kiln. :sick:

I can agree with you, but why did he keep Lisa? Any thoughts?

I can agree with you, but why did he keep Lisa? Any thoughts?

I think he did use Lisa to find other victims until she got too old and could tell what she knew. She told her adoptive parents she had siblings that all died. There was also that reported sighting of TR in California with a woman and more children before he abandoned Lisa. I don't think that woman was Denise. I think there are more victims we don't know about yet. :(

I think he did use Lisa to find other victims until she got too old and could tell what she knew. She told her adoptive parents she had siblings that all died. There was also that reported sighting of TR in California with a woman and more children before he abandoned Lisa. I don't think that woman was Denise. I think there are more victims we don't know about yet. :(

gardener never knew she had stated her siblings had all died.. Would you kindly direct me to the article where you found it.

Why did he not kill D/L is an excellent question, to me it would have been easier to kill her like rest then to have abandoned her where if she did ever remember anything she could still tell.

Honestly as much of a monster he maybe, I think he loved her and is the reason he could not kill her and set her free.

Agree there are more out there TR victimized wether dead or living.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gardener never knew she had stated her siblings had all died.. Would you kindly direct me to the article where you found it.

Why did he not kill D/L is an excellent question, to me it would have been easier to kill her like rest then to have abandoned her where if she did ever remember anything she could still tell.

Honestly as much of a monster he maybe, I think he loved her and is the reason he could not kill her and set her free.

Agree there are more out there TR victimized wether dead or living.

I first read it in the Boston Globe story: https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ly-new-life/vCCxbYYUD63kjIoIMJQiWM/story.html

I can't go to the BG page anymore because I've lost my free views (need to clear my cache) but I had copied this quote into the media thread, post #49:
Police asked Lisa whether she had any brothers or sisters. She used to, she told them, but they died from eating “grass mushrooms” while they were camping.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...otos-*NO-DISCUSSION/page4&highlight=rasmussen

Now that I re-read that quote, it's possible she was only told she had siblings who died by TR. But there is also the reported sighting of TR with a woman and children.

Maybe he felt more attached with her since he was more than likely there when she was born, as it was speculated somewhere that his actual child that he killed and put in the barrel had not been in his life the whole time.

I first read it in the Boston Globe story: https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ly-new-life/vCCxbYYUD63kjIoIMJQiWM/story.html

I can't go to the BG page anymore because I've lost my free views (need to clear my cache) but I had copied this quote into the media thread, post #49:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...otos-*NO-DISCUSSION/page4&highlight=rasmussen

TY... IMO believe TR killed the Allenstown (4) while camping as well in an isolated area manner where no one would notice them or hear their screams as he bludgeoned them. Also could have occurred while they were sleeping ...

Just a gut feeling LE will have more info released soon ..

Maybe he felt more attached with her since he was more than likely there when she was born, as it was speculated somewhere that his actual child that he killed and put in the barrel had not been in his life the whole time.

I thought he met Denise when Lisa was already 6 months old? Or did he know Denise while she was pregnant too?

TY... IMO believe TR killed the Allenstown (4) while camping as well in an isolated area manner where no one would notice them or hear their screams as he bludgeoned them. Also could have occurred while they were sleeping ...

Just a gut feeling LE will have more info released soon ..

I think there will be more soon too. Now that they know his real name, I'm very curious to know if he ever tried to contact people from his life as TR after 1978.
I don't think he did, because he murdered someone who can be traced right back to his name (JMO). I hope we soon know the name of his child and the other victims.

I think we need to tread lightly when generalizing what he did with children. Remember, he has 4 living children of his own that could potentially see your comments.

I think we need to tread lightly when generalizing what he did with children. Remember, he has 4 living children of his own that could potentially see your comments.

I didn't bring up his first family and I'm not going to speculate about them. Lisa is also alive, however, and I believe her story of being abused. I support her as a victim. I respect her privacy (and I have never tried to find her real name) but these facts were reported in the press. He was a monster in more ways than just being an alcoholic and a murderer who constantly changed his identity and we should not soft peddle the horrific nature of his crimes, IMO.

I hate discussing what this man did but more than half his known victims are children. That needs to play into our discussion of his motives and reasons for doing what he did, IMO. There may be other victims out there that he left alive. What if there are children he had only brief interactions with who are now grown and seeing this? They may need to know that they were not the only child he abused in order to have the courage to come forward. Unfortunately, there can be no justice for them, since he is dead, but if more living victims speak up to LE, then more will be known about his locations and movements and there is a better chance to give his unknown victims their names back. Just to be clear, that is the only reason I have for discussing it.

I thought he met Denise when Lisa was already 6 months old? Or did he know Denise while she was pregnant too?

I thought there was a picture, though not in the same picture, them at an outdoor event where she is pregnant. Wasn't that Denise?

I thought there was a picture, though not in the same picture, them at an outdoor event where she is pregnant. Wasn't that Denise?

Yes that picture of her was her when she was pregnant but I don't recall finding confirmation that they were at the same event. The story when it first came out about Denise being missing was always that Denise and "Bob Evans" were last seen at Thanksgiving dinner with her 6 month old daughter. It's confusing because that picture of Bob Evans could not have been taken in the winter time in NH. It's possible that he dated her before she was pregnant and even thought Dawn/Lisa was his daughter. But I would like to see more confirmation of that because it has always sounded to me like the family did not know "Bob Evans" very well. It would really narrow down the timeline if we knew when he met Denise.

IMO may have been a post baby bump ... Its just my opinion others may think differently ....

"

Discussion from thread # 1 & 2

There has not been an estimated date given of when Evans & Denise started dating, whether Evans thought D/L was his child is a question as that we do not know when they started dating.

Estimated Date back of Denise's pregnancy give or take a month she would have conceived D/L in Aug/Sept 1980 this would leave D/L out as being the 2 year old & 6 mth old he reference's in the arrest of Feb 1980. I believe the two he referred to was his child and the youngest Allenstown victim.

Denise Estimated Pregnancy Timeline
*Nov 1981 - 6 Months Old
*May 1981 - Born
*Feb - Mar 1981 - 6 Months
*Nov - Dec 1980 - 3 Months
*Aug - Sept 1980 - Pregnant (Conceived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online