Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want them to find Savanna, for everyone's sake :( I can't understand it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if they took Savanna to a storage locker or abandon home?

[h=1]Hunt continues for missing pregnant Fargo woman[/h] Searches by investigators, family and friends range from Minnesota woods to Fargo dumpsters.

FARGO, N.D. – A full week into the search for Savanna Greywind, authorities combed cornfields and deployed specially trained police dogs from Minneapolis in hopes of finding the young pregnant woman, who disappeared from her Fargo apartment building Aug. 19.

Investigators targeted a grove of trees and farmland about 5 miles across state lines in Dilworth, Minn., while calling for the public’s assistance in checking for clues to the 22-year-old woman’s whereabouts. Aerial and river searches have come up empty.
Authorities have asked citizens to search their garages, outbuildings and even dumpsters for evidence that might help them find Greywind.

Family and friends — some dismayed with police efforts — have set out on their own searches for Greywind, who vanished without her car or wallet.
Calloway and one of Greywind’s aunts spent the day scouring parked boats, garbage bins and manholes near her apartment complex at 2825 N. 9th St.
http://www.startribune.com/hunt-continues-for-missing-pregnant-fargo-woman/441812663/#1

Sorry if this has been discussed, but who has the baby now, the police? What is the condition of the baby? Surely they could do DNA tests to confirm its Savannas baby? What a hideous and heartbreaking time for the whole family. I pray this is resolved really soon. X

I'm glad they're having to sit in jail this weekend! Curious to see if there will be a bail amount, or if they would be considered too high of a flight risk?

If they're into drugs, I hope they are into severe DT's about now too!

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...e-department-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case

[h=1]Update from the Fargo Police Department on the Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind case[/h]
Fargo police reported on Saturday that they have searched 35 locations with connections to the suspects in the case, and others based on GPS information, but none of the searches found anything. Police on Friday searched a cornfield and grove of trees near Dilworth, Minn., responding to information gathered in interviews and searches.

Asked if the expansion of the investigation to another state would make the case a federal matter and might prompt the FBI to join the investigation, Todd said, “Not until we find something.” He said the FBI is assisting Fargo policy “in technical ways,” but that the Fargo Police Department remains the lead law enforcement agency on the case.

Ugh. Im not sure what happened with my replying to this topic. I tried to edit my response and things got weird. Sorry. There was a press conference from the Fargo PD on their FB page. Am I not allowed to copy that link ?

Ugh. Im not sure what happened with my replying to this topic. I tried to edit my response and things got weird. Sorry. There was a press conference from the Fargo PD on their FB page. Am I not allowed to copy that link ?

Yes, I believe official police facebook pages are allowed. Sometimes this interface takes a little gettng used to.

I do not understand why they are not releasing the baby to her father.

I do not understand why they are not releasing the baby to her father.

Paperwork. Its all in progressing. Dad is probably is not quite in the right state of mind at this time.
Once CPS is involved they wont release the baby until they are 100% sure of its safety and stable environment.

I wish they were abit quicker getting dads DNA. Even if the baby has to stay with CPS until everything is cleared up daddy should be able to be around his daughter. Same with the grandparents. Let's not hurt them all more then need be. Jmo.

I'm wonderful g if this will affect the baby's ability to "attach."

I've heard stories about children developing "attachment disorder" but I'm not certain of that can happen as young as newborn age or not.

No news on Savannah yet? I've not read since this morning.

<modsnip>

Won't even show them a photo? Seems a little harsh to me. These poor people. It's just heartbreaking.

Yesterday when I read that the father/BF had not even seen her, I thought, My God, not even a brief supervised type of visitation?

At the time, I had read that the father/BF said they had not even taken his DNA, only Savanna's.

But not even a photo.

Yes, harsh, quite harsh to say the least given the tragic circumstances. Put A Rush On It!

I think it has to do with the parents being unmarried and mother being dead, baby not born in hospital and therefore, father not formally ID'd by the mother via paperwork:

<snip> Cass County Social Services President, Chip Ammerman, said &#8220;children need to be with relatives when it&#8217;s appropriate and that&#8217;s best. That they&#8217;re capable of caring for a child and meeting the child&#8217;s basic needs. So that&#8217;s going to be our primary focus.&#8221;

Once DNA testing is complete, Cass County Social Services will set up a meeting with the family to discuss how to proceed.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...g-to-see-infant-found-Thursday-441794613.html

<snip & BBM> Police didn't collect DNA evidence from Matheny right away, perhaps because the couple is not married.

On Friday morning, Fargo Police asked Matheny to come in so they could collect DNA evidence from him. They took three cotton swabs worth of DNA from the inside of his mouth. Matheny was told results would take about a week to produce.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/new...y-world-me-says-boyfriend-missing-fargo-woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288